how do you feel about the NBA one and done rule ??

Either declare immediately after completing high school, or two year minimum with larger stipends for the athletes. Three years is too long to stave off a player who most likely has found his game after two years at the collegiate level.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

i think it should be the same as football............3 years. Look at all th talent that comes out..........if the nba was 3 years, you would have more experienced players in a SYSTEM and not just high school, where the stars mostly do what they want without much of a process as far as running plays and playing different defenses.

The comparisons to the way football is have always been flawed.
The 3 year rule in the NFL is primarily related to the physicality of the sport and the complex nature of learning systems. Totally different in basketball. 

All I can do is laugh when players get recruited to Duke and leave after a year. Passing up a degree from a world class institution for a career in basketball with no certainties after that career is over is flat out ridiculous. It's their choice though. 
laugh.gif
 You can't be serious. 
I'm serious, a degree can be done in 3 years. At least if you have a business degree or something, after age 35 or 36 when you can no longer play, you can get a job with that degree that can sustain you until old age. 

THIS

NBA Age is not on Par with LIFE, 36 is too old??!?!?  Are you serious?

Not to mention the big Elephant in the room that you are exposing minorities in their 20's and treating them like crap after their 33rd birthday......

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

i think it should be the same as football............3 years. Look at all th talent that comes out..........if the nba was 3 years, you would have more experienced players in a SYSTEM and not just high school, where the stars mostly do what they want without much of a process as far as running plays and playing different defenses.

The comparisons to the way football is have always been flawed.
The 3 year rule in the NFL is primarily related to the physicality of the sport and the complex nature of learning systems. Totally different in basketball. 

All I can do is laugh when players get recruited to Duke and leave after a year. Passing up a degree from a world class institution for a career in basketball with no certainties after that career is over is flat out ridiculous. It's their choice though. 
laugh.gif
 You can't be serious. 

do you laugh when a kid drops out of harvard and goes to make millions??
and who says you can't go back to school ?

and sometimes college isnt what they want to do

but they go anyways just as a stepping stone to get to the nba

duck fuke

Back
Top Bottom