How do some of yall justify spending serious $$$$ on shoes...

Most I ever spent was $185, each, for my Chicago and North Carolina XX3--excluding tax of course. And even with that, I felt a tad bit disappointed in myselfconsidering I only made those purchases for "memento" sake, and not because I needed those sneakers.

We all have different priorities. Just as you view $300+ for some kicks as being outrageous, someone would view your $150+ sneaker purchases as ridiculous.It's all subjective.

Most I spent on a pair of shoes was 550 for a pair of Black Yeezys not so long ago. I know I can sell it for 700 easily so it's actually a plus for me lol.

PS I sold some shoes to get 550. But honestly though, I'd rather have a pair of $500 shoe than 5 $100 shoes. I'm just more happy with the 500 one thanI am with the 5 $100 ones as it holds more value to me. Quality>Quantity any day of the week for me.

$1500 for chitown x's

my grails and when i was grindin back in high school
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can't understand why people would drop $500 for some damn Nikes, at least get something with solid build quality.

Most expensive, in order: Gucci Boots $575 (2004), Gucci Sk8 Hi $395 (2004), Gucci Loafers $395 (2004), pair of Gator boots ran me 4 or 5 bills also.

I used to spend outrageous prices on shoes when i was in highschool. I was naive then 400 for some J's (what was i thinking) lol

Now only shoes that go over 100 are my running shoes.
Other shoes i buy never reach over 70.

I need some infared 5's< So those will be my last high priced shoes i buy.

Originally Posted by eaalto

I can't understand why people would drop $500 for some damn Nikes, at least get something with solid build quality.

Most expensive, in order: Gucci Boots $575 (2004), Gucci Sk8 Hi $395 (2004), Gucci Loafers $395 (2004), pair of Gator boots ran me 4 or 5 bills also.

Have you even felt a pair of Yeezys lol?...one of Nike's best products in a while.
And what are infrared 5s lulz?

I get the feeling that when the questions is asked 'How do you justify your sneaker purchases?', some of you are answering as if the question was'How do you justify your sneaker purchases to your parents?' or '... to your friends?' or something like that.

I thought the question was about self-accountability; how do you justify the cost to yourself?

Me personally? I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't spend frivolously on anything else clothing-related. I have 3 pairs of jeans, and one ofthem is the same pair of Levis I wore in HS (and no, they're not all holy or ripped; that's not my style).

That's how I justify sneaker purchases to myself... and even then it doesn't work sometimes.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif

I mean its crazy but everyone has a passion, you cant knock that. Blame the shoe companies

It all depends on your idea what " a lot" is....350 for something I really want is not that much......but anything over 1K that I want I just sellstuff that I have to get it, or trade for it...since 99% of my shoes are bought under retail this really is not a problem for me...

Originally Posted by PN23

Most I spent on a pair of shoes was 550 for a pair of Black Yeezys not so long ago. I know I can sell it for 700 easily so it's actually a plus for me lol.

PS I sold some shoes to get 550. But honestly though, I'd rather have a pair of $500 shoe than 5 $100 shoes. I'm just more happy with the 500 one than I am with the 5 $100 ones as it holds more value to me. Quality>Quantity any day of the week for me.

This, and the most ive ever spent is probably 600$ on two cdps one weekend
embarassed.gif

$300 is tops for my shoes. anything over that (other than packages) is ridiculous imo.

most i've ever dropped was 450, and that was for OG concord XI's....

these days if its not retail i ain't coppin it, i ain't stressed or pressed to cop kicks that are A. hyped just for da sake of being hyped

B. limited kicks that really ain't worth a damn if they GR'ed em....

but w/e...i cop what i like.

Spending money on shoes is cool. Spending crazy money on Jordans in 2010 is weak. Just my opinion. Especially when we used to get the same sneaks with betterquality for less money. Back in 01, I could walk in the store and buy 2 pairs of concords for a total of $250. I thought the prices were high then. Now peoplepaying $250-300 for one pair with knockoff quality, just turrible.

As I always say though, do you, spend your money in whatever way makes you happy

Back
Top Bottom