How do people?

i never have shown my collection to anybody. i can't imagine showing my jordan's to someone and them get them stolen out of jealousy. too much time andmoney invested. my family accepts it and that's all that matters.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

I tell them that it's my money, I work for it, and I can do whatever I want with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People collect stamps, people collect cars, people collect rocks, I just happen to collect sneakers/Jordans.
Exactly.

Well my friend claims to "love" jordans/other shoes. Has some low xix's and a few pairs of dunks and calls himself a sneakerhead....I have quitea few pairs of J's and dunks but he talks to me like im an idiot...I think its the fact he doesn't have a job and is too lazy to get one so he waswhack shoes, so jealousy...But people just never understand. It's like collecting cards or other stuff I say

i keep my j's away from where people that come over cannot see them. if they knew i had all these j's they would try to HUSTLE me for them and i wouldhave to kick them out. nothing comes between me and my kicks, except for the man upstairs.......

Originally Posted by SneakerinterioR

Jordans remind me of the good old days.

thats it right there. Aside from them being my sneaker of choice. Forget about the sneakerhead crap. Its all about the feeling they give me, and rememberingwhen my mom used to take me down to sportmart and let me pick out a new pair when i was 10, 11, 12 years old.

I'm always being told i'm trying to hold on to my youth. why the hell wouldnt i want to? The epitome of being alive is when you were a kid and loved tojust have another day to be a kid.

Aside from that, i try not to talk with people i know dont understand. I dont like explaining myself.

Originally Posted by NoIntroNeeded

Everyone has a passion for something...ours just happen to be sneakers.

Nail on the head dude.
Everyone has a hobby, whether it be toy trains, smoking crack, or skydiving, EVERYONE has something that will "float their boat". MINE happens to besneakers, but I really think crack would be less expensive.

NoIntroNeeded wrote:
Everyone has a passion for something...ours just happen to be sneakers.
i know everybody has quoted this man already but its just the truth. i always tell ppl this when they say i am crazy for copping so many jays. iusually compare my obsession with a carhead's obsession with spending crazy money on hooking up a car and maintaining it.

aside from that, i tell them about how when i was younger i never had the opportunity to have nice kicks cuz my family wasnt well off, on top of being themiddle child (we dont get $$@* lol) so now that i am grown and i make my own money i spoil myself while i still can. maybe when im wifed up and have kids itwill be a different story.

i been wearing jordans since 1994 and i'm 23 and i still love to rock a brand new pair of jordans. I see the other people i use to go to school with andnow they rock other stuff because they feel that they older they gotta rock air max lol no i wear what i love if i wanna wear jordans i wear jordans if i wannawear air max i will wear them. the only thing i won't wear is funny colors jordan throws out sometime but a og is a og and no one will take jordan lovefrom me and i mean no one!!

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

people don't snoop around my house...

this just made me laugh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerinterioR

I buy jordans now because back in the day when I was young I couldn't afford the jordans that I wanted. Jordans remind me of the good old days.

Most of my family kept complaining about it, but i dont care what their opinion is. It's my money and I do what i want with it.

I just enjoy shoes period and its something that makes me happy. I can remember when I was young I would bug my mother for J's and she never would spendthe money on them since she just didn't have it to spend, but I loved Jordans and always said if I could afford them id start to collect so here I am. Shewould give me hell for buying all these shoes but before she passed she would see me bring in new shoes and always wanted to see them and she would talk to meabout them..great memories..great times!

I lock my room door every time I'm not in my room... Who cares what anyone thinks... Everyone has something as a hobby or a collection that people willlook down there nose at... Just do what you like, people have to accept it or hit the road

Most of my friends understand

Those who don't are shocked
laugh.gif

But who cares I been a sneakerhead since I was in Elementary school

Some of my friends are Jordan heads also so they understand, but most of time dudes understand n the females I'm coo wit don't. They think I'm anidiot for paying as much as I may for a pair of Jordans. I always tell them that what I paid is nothing compared to long time sneaker collectors!!! They isalways someone out there that may seem more whacko than you....lol

Back
Top Bottom