How disappointed are you in this guy?

pg2_g_akirilenko1_576.jpg

AK-47 showed lots of potential his first few years, posting 5x5s and being an all star but hasn't done much since he got that big extension (6 years-$86 million). Between the injuries, hair cuts and lack of progression in his game, AK-47 has got to be one of the bigger disappointments in the NBA. I read some tweets about him this morning, making me even more disappointed in his career. I really thought he could have been a mini KG in a way with his size, athleticism, versatility and skill.

Thoughts?

pg2_g_akirilenko1_576.jpg

AK-47 showed lots of potential his first few years, posting 5x5s and being an all star but hasn't done much since he got that big extension (6 years-$86 million). Between the injuries, hair cuts and lack of progression in his game, AK-47 has got to be one of the bigger disappointments in the NBA. I read some tweets about him this morning, making me even more disappointed in his career. I really thought he could have been a mini KG in a way with his size, athleticism, versatility and skill.

Thoughts?

He was the guy that bridged the Gap from Stockton and Malone to the glorious carlos arroyo, keith mcleoud, raul lopez days. He was our best player those early years since stock was on his way out and Karl left. He was good because he had to be. He started to suck when Boozer and Okur showed up. Didnt know how to go from being the go to guy, to the third option. He had his EMotional break downs and what not. He is quite versatile but lord knows we payed his %%+ way too much. He has improved his shot working with Jeff Hornacek in the past few off seasons. His All star year numbers werent that great if i remember, but he was there.

He was the guy that bridged the Gap from Stockton and Malone to the glorious carlos arroyo, keith mcleoud, raul lopez days. He was our best player those early years since stock was on his way out and Karl left. He was good because he had to be. He started to suck when Boozer and Okur showed up. Didnt know how to go from being the go to guy, to the third option. He had his EMotional break downs and what not. He is quite versatile but lord knows we payed his %%+ way too much. He has improved his shot working with Jeff Hornacek in the past few off seasons. His All star year numbers werent that great if i remember, but he was there.

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Very true about the additions of Boozer and Okur (not to mention Deron Williams).

I remember back 5-6 years he got a lot of love from NT because of his all around play.

Very true about the additions of Boozer and Okur (not to mention Deron Williams).

I remember back 5-6 years he got a lot of love from NT because of his all around play.

/thread

thought dude would always be a very good lock down defender and with a 3pt skill set

injuries and other factors slowed him down.

/thread

thought dude would always be a very good lock down defender and with a 3pt skill set

injuries and other factors slowed him down.

a few years ago, kirilenko and gerald wallace were my favorite players because of their great defense and energy. today they play reserved and do just 'enough'. i think a big factor was the amount of injuries they sustained over the years for playing reckless. i hope that griffin doesn't end up the same way.

a few years ago, kirilenko and gerald wallace were my favorite players because of their great defense and energy. today they play reserved and do just 'enough'. i think a big factor was the amount of injuries they sustained over the years for playing reckless. i hope that griffin doesn't end up the same way.

He's still a pretty damn good player, most teams would be lucky to have a guy with his all-around skill set

Back
Top Bottom