How did you land your current job?

Lied on the remume that I actually had retail experience and my friend is a rep backed me up. Now I am in the process of putting 3 grand in the business and getting a piece of the action.

Also ref basketball. Pops is one of the top rated officials in the state so he put me on. (A lot of politics involved to get good games
grin.gif
)

costco vender in cali-
i slang sausages travel to all the costcos and get paid for mileage too
pimp.gif
, it's a summer job, going off to college in the fall
my cousin use to work there and gave them the good word for me.

costco vender in cali-
i slang sausages travel to all the costcos and get paid for mileage too
pimp.gif
, it's a summer job, going off to college in the fall
my cousin use to work there and gave them the good word for me.

Craigslist. Got my two best jobs from there.

I've been looking for a good job for a minute... but times are hard and I also have a criminal record....not a felon but got turned down by 3 decent jobs (would of been hired for all three)... I had no choice to hustle for a good two years.. I refused to do fast food or restaurant bull +@#*, but still in these times its even hard to get hired at these jobs. I get off probation, but my PO tells me I have to wait 3 years to get expunged...
smh.gif

3 days after I get off, I go ham on craigslist.. I find an ad and call about 10 min after it was posted. I leave a message and he calls back the same day with a phone interview. Tells me to start the next day. Now I'm the youngest at my job making the easiest bread ever... most bread ever, job is chill, boss is cool as hell.. we even chill outside of work... I work for the Washington Post in D.C

Sorry for the life story but this job is a blessing. If I can get a job you can too... don't give up.. Many sleep on Craigslist.

Craigslist. Got my two best jobs from there.

I've been looking for a good job for a minute... but times are hard and I also have a criminal record....not a felon but got turned down by 3 decent jobs (would of been hired for all three)... I had no choice to hustle for a good two years.. I refused to do fast food or restaurant bull +@#*, but still in these times its even hard to get hired at these jobs. I get off probation, but my PO tells me I have to wait 3 years to get expunged...
smh.gif

3 days after I get off, I go ham on craigslist.. I find an ad and call about 10 min after it was posted. I leave a message and he calls back the same day with a phone interview. Tells me to start the next day. Now I'm the youngest at my job making the easiest bread ever... most bread ever, job is chill, boss is cool as hell.. we even chill outside of work... I work for the Washington Post in D.C

Sorry for the life story but this job is a blessing. If I can get a job you can too... don't give up.. Many sleep on Craigslist.

It's funny. I was right out of Heald after the Dot Com Bust and had no experience and chance of being picked up when djmrsulu gave my resume to my eventual boss. I was picked up for a "bottome of the totem pole" tech job thanks to that guy.

7 years later, I'm still with the same company managing a group of engineers making significantly more money.

I call djmrsulu every Thanksgiving to thank him for helping start my career.

It's funny. I was right out of Heald after the Dot Com Bust and had no experience and chance of being picked up when djmrsulu gave my resume to my eventual boss. I was picked up for a "bottome of the totem pole" tech job thanks to that guy.

7 years later, I'm still with the same company managing a group of engineers making significantly more money.

I call djmrsulu every Thanksgiving to thank him for helping start my career.

-Graduated/completed masters
-Applied for the job
-Friend put in word for me
-Received offer while in Miami during memorial weekend
-Working now as an engineer for one of the Fortune 50 companies

-Graduated/completed masters
-Applied for the job
-Friend put in word for me
-Received offer while in Miami during memorial weekend
-Working now as an engineer for one of the Fortune 50 companies

-Finished BS degree in mech engineering
-my brother works at a big semiconductor company as a programmer, and I just wanted to find any job out there, and his company had an intern position available through a hiring manager my brother knows (they work closely together and are in the same area of the office), so he put a word about me to the manager and I went into the interview and got hired a few days after. So, I'm working as an intern doing different things here and there engineering-related.

Connections really do matter a lot. Very few people I know graduating out of college have jobs, and those that do have connections somehow someway.

-Finished BS degree in mech engineering
-my brother works at a big semiconductor company as a programmer, and I just wanted to find any job out there, and his company had an intern position available through a hiring manager my brother knows (they work closely together and are in the same area of the office), so he put a word about me to the manager and I went into the interview and got hired a few days after. So, I'm working as an intern doing different things here and there engineering-related.

Connections really do matter a lot. Very few people I know graduating out of college have jobs, and those that do have connections somehow someway.

2.5 Months

Product Support for an Advertising Tracking company

Saw the opening on Monster.com and Applied. Got a call for an interview. went in and did it.

Followed up by email and phone once a week. two weeks went by with no word.

I finally decided that I would call one more time, and they called me back and told me I got the job.

Moved from Boston to NYC

2.5 Months

Product Support for an Advertising Tracking company

Saw the opening on Monster.com and Applied. Got a call for an interview. went in and did it.

Followed up by email and phone once a week. two weeks went by with no word.

I finally decided that I would call one more time, and they called me back and told me I got the job.

Moved from Boston to NYC

Originally Posted by georgehimself

tossed_salad.jpg

I see what you did there. 
laugh.gif

Well i'm about to attend a job interview tomorrow for Zumiez.

So i'll go ahead and let you all know tomorrow. 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by georgehimself

tossed_salad.jpg

I see what you did there. 
laugh.gif

Well i'm about to attend a job interview tomorrow for Zumiez.

So i'll go ahead and let you all know tomorrow. 

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom