How did you handle your college speech class? vol..stage fright

I just wanted to know how did you handle the class?
I'm really not a fan of presenting in class, feels so awkward to me
frown.gif

any tips?

I just wanted to know how did you handle the class?
I'm really not a fan of presenting in class, feels so awkward to me
frown.gif

any tips?

just say your piece.. who the *%#@ are these people to judge you anyway? that's real @@$+.. once you understand that you'll have no problem speaking in front of most people.

just say your piece.. who the *%#@ are these people to judge you anyway? that's real @@$+.. once you understand that you'll have no problem speaking in front of most people.

have a good outline. say something sarcastic and hope people laugh. have visual aid. if you know your subject well then it will be easy to present. if you need to constantly look at notes then you'll be in trouble. not saying that you should memorize your info but you should know what you're saying, have confidence. 10 minutes passes by quickly

have a good outline. say something sarcastic and hope people laugh. have visual aid. if you know your subject well then it will be easy to present. if you need to constantly look at notes then you'll be in trouble. not saying that you should memorize your info but you should know what you're saying, have confidence. 10 minutes passes by quickly

thanks for the comments, I just have a hard time of not feeling so awkward up there in front of everyone

thanks for the comments, I just have a hard time of not feeling so awkward up there in front of everyone

I was in a class full of a bunch of hot sorority girls who probably thought their poop didn't stink. I came out of that class thinking "if I can make a fool of myself in front of them, I can talk in front of anyone." I actually gained a lot of confidence once I left that class.

I was in a class full of a bunch of hot sorority girls who probably thought their poop didn't stink. I came out of that class thinking "if I can make a fool of myself in front of them, I can talk in front of anyone." I actually gained a lot of confidence once I left that class.

i remember i made a thread like this when i had my speech class...i was dumb nervous to get give speeches...ended up getting an A in that class. One dude in my thread said make believe that the audience are peasants and your a king lol, basically making believe ur better than everyone in that class, it sorta worked for me. what really put me at ease was the fact that i wasn't as nervous as some of the other students.

Dudes were stuttering up a storm in there. Sounded like they were sitting on a washer machine. This one dude was giving a speech on Lil Wayne. He was literally SHOOK, couldnt stay still to save his life.

i remember i made a thread like this when i had my speech class...i was dumb nervous to get give speeches...ended up getting an A in that class. One dude in my thread said make believe that the audience are peasants and your a king lol, basically making believe ur better than everyone in that class, it sorta worked for me. what really put me at ease was the fact that i wasn't as nervous as some of the other students.

Dudes were stuttering up a storm in there. Sounded like they were sitting on a washer machine. This one dude was giving a speech on Lil Wayne. He was literally SHOOK, couldnt stay still to save his life.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Will do.
Never took a speech class in college. Had one freshman year of HS. Boy was I nervous the first time up. Too many hot girls in that class 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

Will do.
Never took a speech class in college. Had one freshman year of HS. Boy was I nervous the first time up. Too many hot girls in that class 
embarassed.gif

man i loved that *%@%
laugh.gif

my three topics were

hip hop
ping pong
and some a hall of fame speech

just rehearse alot the night before
also speak at your own pace, dont be afraid to take deep breaths if you lose your train of thought.  because those breaths are much better than saying "ummmm" or "like" constantly like the broads in my class did
alien.gif

man i loved that *%@%
laugh.gif

my three topics were

hip hop
ping pong
and some a hall of fame speech

just rehearse alot the night before
also speak at your own pace, dont be afraid to take deep breaths if you lose your train of thought.  because those breaths are much better than saying "ummmm" or "like" constantly like the broads in my class did
alien.gif

I hate presenting, and i think most people do

If i have advice, it's to practice as many times as you can. If you know what to say and are prepared, you'll be confident and it'll show in your presentation.

Going into a presentation unprepared (me many times smh) will 100% lead to a disaster

I hate presenting, and i think most people do

If i have advice, it's to practice as many times as you can. If you know what to say and are prepared, you'll be confident and it'll show in your presentation.

Going into a presentation unprepared (me many times smh) will 100% lead to a disaster

Originally Posted by chris steez

roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom