How come NY gets all the love in hip hop?

I'm born and raised in So Cal.......but the only West Coast hip hop I listen to is underground:

Murs, Grouch, Eligh, Zion I, Gift of Gab, Blu, Dilated, Jurassic, Aceyalone, Ab Rude, Rasco, Planet Asia, Fashawn, Del, Souls of Mischief, etc.

The Bay Area garbage and the L.A. gangster rap is all wack to me

Ice Cube was ill like 15 years ago......

Without the west what would mmost rappers talk about, they invinted gansta rap, and it's the home of the 808's hell NYC rappers started coming out withall them grimey stories after the west put everybody on with that gansta music..... and death row was going in on all regions in the 90's there wasn'ta label out there that could stand toe to toe with them. That label was like Rome in it's prime LOL and hell no badboy was not seeing them at all

Because we have the most contributions. we created it. atleast 8 of the top 15 rappers are from NYC atleast 15 of the top 25 albums are from NYC 4 out of 5 ofmy top 5 albums are from NYC, 5 out of 5 of my top 5 DOA are from NYC. By no means am I understating the contributions the West, South, Midwest have had on hiphop, because all contributed great things, but in comparison, nothing has done more than NYC. To me nothing is better than 90's New York hip hop. The listof classics is astounding, dozens upon dozens of talented cats, and an unmatchable feeling of authenticity and realism.

^^^ all of that you stated is based in opinion, not that I disagree( because some of it I agree on) but that stuff you states is based on opinion

NYC rappers started coming out with all them grimey stories after the west put everybody on with that gansta music
You must of never heard of BDP, Just Ice, etc.

All the west did was popularize "gangsta" rap.

But the west def. gets love.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

99% of all the threads in the Music Forum are dedicated to NY rappers.
smh.gif
False.

You're obviously not here enough.
Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Don't start this again.
It's like clockwork...
Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I swear Mods need to lock these posts up on site, same *### every day stuck in a craig david video in NT Music forum
laugh.gif

It's always the same dudes too.

I mess with older Westcoast stuff aside from the obvious i listen to The B.U.M.S. , Tha Liks , Kam , Rass Kass , MC Eiht , Cypress Hill , Defari , DialatedPeoples .

Dudes just like to randomly hate on NY any chance they get , it`s the Napolean complex , it`s shameful .

I mess with older Westcoast stuff aside from the obvious i listen to The B.U.M.S. , Tha Liks , Kam , Rass Kass , MC Eiht , Cypress Hill , Defari , DialatedPeoples .

Dudes just like to randomly hate on NY any chance they get , it`s the Napolean complex , it`s shameful .

Originally Posted by cartune

Its all because of the Ny dudes got that attitude that they are the God's gift to the world. Its just the nY state of mind that everything runs throught NY. If it aint NY hip hop it aint "real" hip hop. Yes, hip hop was started in NY. Basketball was started in Springfield. You dont see Springfield dudes coming to the Rucker like "that aint real Basketball B". Every other music genre started in the south but you dont see the south tryin to claim music as their own.

@+#* Already you clown.....

We don't need to have this freaking arguement alll over again for the 34150384957139280581732581237320571 time....its getting old already

Anyone who says the west started the hardcore trend for the east/NYC is an idiot who knows little about hip hop history.

NYC BEEN hard/gangsta/grimey before ANY of the people you are mentioning even came out.

LMAO
Real gansta @@! music started on the west
I'm not talking about the politically charged *%@ either
that I'm a G cus I'm a G started on the left

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

LMAO
Real gansta @@! music started on the west
I'm not talking about the politically charged *%@ either
that I'm a G cus I'm a G started on the left

Are you kidding ? The Hill Top Hustlers were on that hardcore %%$$ way back in '84. Who from the west was anywhere near them at that point ? Makes sensethat 2 of their members are now on death row for killing a cop. Ever hear of Schoolly D kid ? How about the Last Poets from Brooklyn/Harlem, NYC ? They droppeda gangster album in damn 1970, and helped give birth to what became rap.

If you wanna talk about horror-core ? Big L invented that with his "Devil's Son" track.

Know your history. Even Ice-T himself gave Schoolly D credit for inventing gangster rap. Fall back.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Anyone who says the west started the hardcore trend for the east/NYC is an idiot who knows little about hip hop history.

NYC BEEN hard/gangsta/grimey before ANY of the people you are mentioning even came out.
Im a hip hop historian too my dude Im just not a biased idiot like you.

Tell me an East Coast rapper who was rapping Hardcore before August 8, 1988 Go ahead Ill wait. Cause when NWA was on the scene Kool Moe Dee was rappin aboutthe Wild Wild West, LL was saying I Need Love, Eric B and Rakim wasnt on no hardcore stuff then either. Wu Tang wasnt on the scene til the 90s. So again Illwait..............

You late fam, scroll up. Son called me a "biased idiot" then says NWA started hardcore rap.... in '88....

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

West Coast %%+% is trash
Tupac isnt even from Cali...Hes was born in Harlem..So Technically, 2pac is on our side
NY started the whole Mafioso theme in hip hop.
What has the west coast done? Gone dumb? Ghostriding the whip? Getting "hyphy"?
NY created HipHop, Cali just followed behind us
Dont get me wrong..I respect the OG west rappers..Dre, NWA, Snoop and Ice Cube..The whole death row era and w/e..But right now, the west coast is irrelevant
NY will always be on top..Our rappers (dead and alive) surpass your rappers(dead and alive) and you all know you cant argue with that..Like seriously
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

You late fam, scroll up. Son called me a "biased idiot" then says NWA started hardcore rap.... in '88....

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Scholly D isnt even from NY. NWA and the west brought gangster rap to the forefront it had rap in a chokehold for 5 years then came Biggie, WuTang, Nas came with that hardcore street music. That is not what NY was known for then

Im not saying no one North South or East was rappin about Gangster life. But The West influenced and changed the content in many rapers lyrics. I dontunderstand why you cant admit NWA influenced NY hardcore hip hop.

Back
Top Bottom