How a single mother survives on $7.50/hr

Got to find a way to get job experience as well as meet education requirements. Our generation has to hybridize this process. Maybe work before going to college or get a trade or something. And maybe not expect to graduate in four years. A lot of unnecessary pressure.

That is why internships are important during the last years of college. It's hard to do while balancing school work but it only helps you and gets you a jump ahead of people when you graduate. Kids also should even work during high school. It's a good life lesson in being out in the real world and just knowing how to talk to people and handle situations.

That is why internships are important during the last years of college. It's hard to do while balancing school work but it only helps you and gets you a jump ahead of people when you graduate. Kids also should even work during high school. It's a good life lesson in being out in the real world and just knowing how to talk to people and handle situations.
Man I know a guy that did 6-7 internships during college.  Graduated with a 3.6 GPA and still only got a job for like around $55k a year isn and absolutely hates his job.  

Lol sounds like most of these people you know did it all wrong...

Not even sure how you can complete almost 8 internship in 4 years lol must have been doing 1 month internships.

Last edited:

Man I know a guy that did 6-7 internships during college.  Graduated with a 3.6 GPA and still only got a job for like around $55k a year isn and absolutely hates his job.  
55 k a year in houston is good living. 

Seriously...lets just say people can't find the jobs they WANT....I don't see immigrants crossing the border and having trouble being employed and legit making a living day to day....nah but Americans are not spoiled.
this. come to houston you see all the people from south of the border who are out here grinding and flourishing.

meanwhile this lazy broad is working 20 hours a week.

55k a year is a lot anywhere not California, NYC, Seattle, DC. But furthermore, sounds like your friends did the right thing as far as education and thought they were done, like someone was just going to knock on their door and hand them a 6 figure job and when it didn't just sat around complaining for years instead of being proactive. You still have to go find a job, generally.

corporations should pay more

government should tax less

government should repeal obamama care thus, opening up more full time jobs

folks should be better incentivized to get off government help

if only it were all that easy and didnt dip into the pockets of the wealthiest .000000001% for it to happen.

Lol sounds like most of these people you know did it all wrong...

Not even sure how you can complete almost 8 internship in 4 years lol must have been doing 1 month internships.
He did both summer internships and during the semester.  Was E-board for multiple campus organizations as well.  

What is he doing? Maybe his industry doesn't pay good money. And if it does, well.....that guy is just doing something wrong somehow. Granted there are so many other things you have to factor in as well to get a high paying salary and one of them is leave and go to the competition. Not all companies work and pay in the same way. If something feels stagnant, you got to get up and leave for a better opportunity.

What is he doing? Maybe his industry doesn't pay good money. And if it does, well.....that guy is just doing something wrong somehow. Granted there are so many other things you have to factor in as well to get a high paying salary and one of them is leave and go to the competition. Not all companies work and pay in the same way. If something feels stagnant, you got to get up and leave for a better opportunity.
He's in trucking, fleet manager for a Fortune 500 corporation.  He hates it there but can't quit because of student loans, car loans, credit card debt etc.

He did both summer internships and during the semester.  Was E-board for multiple campus organizations as well.  
Still not sure how he could have possibly done all of things at the same time, unless it was a very easy major.

I used to work for a Fortune 500 company (AIG Insurance). Literally doesn't mean a thing when it comes to pay on your job. AIG is worth like $75 billion dollars and stopped raises and bonuses during the government bailout back in 2008. To this day, they have a strict bonus system where people are getting like 3% increases at most on a salary for $50K. Climbing that salary ladder would just take forever. What people did instead is put in their years in the company (2 years max) and go to a competitor where the increase would be that much more. I know people that went from $60k a year to a $100K doing the same thing. From there, your bonuses will increase as well as your raises just from percentage stand point. By the end of it, it's really a matter of how much you are worth and if you can sell that to another company. If you are in a occupation where you are not producing and doing monotone work, companies will treat you as is with no disregard.

He was expecting to make $300k a year by now
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
not sure if trolling.

I disagree, the issue is people pursue certain paths and don't do any research about the job outlook. Which is pretty much what your friend did.

Don't understand how people in their 20s have no clue what type of salaries they will be seeing once they graduate and land a job within their field. If he really wanted to see 6 figs right out of school Poli Sci wasn't the right choice.

Last edited:
this. come to houston you see all the people from south of the border who are out here grinding and flourishing.
meanwhile this lazy broad is working 20 hours a week.

how I she lazy working20 hours a week

immigrant work and grind but also could be sent away after they become to expensive

becua jobs are easy to come by like that. have yall taking part in the hiring process?

they are not just hiring folks

becua jobs are easy to come by like that. have yall taking part in the hiring process?

they are not just hiring folks

Immigrants must know something all these unemployed Americans don't then...because I dont understand how immigrants migrate with entire families and make ends meet without assistance...but there is no jobs.

its not that there are no jobs, its that there are no jobs that people are willing to do 

there are plenty of jobs out there 

Back
Top Bottom