Houston Rockets Thread 2024/2025 - NBA DraftTime, Sheppard On Deck

Paul was the near perfect #2 for Harden. He held him accountable, seamlessly fit his game, and was the overall leader you want. Just had bad luck with health. They win that series and 4-1 the Cavs on the way to a title without that. So yes, Harden is a #1 option, it’s silly as hell not to think so despite everyone’s feelings on him. If he’s not a #1, then their aren’t many #1s in the league.

Paul was the near perfect #2 for Harden. He held him accountable, seamlessly fit his game, and was the overall leader you want. Just had bad luck with health. They win that series and 4-1 the Cavs on the way to a title without that. So yes, Harden is a #1 option, it’s silly as hell not to think so despite everyone’s feelings on him. If he’s not a #1, then their aren’t many #1s in the league.

I will agree with that their first year together. Harden was more reluctant and brushed CP3 off in year two. You could see the frustration with the two.

I will agree with that their first year together. Harden was more reluctant and brushed CP3 off in year two. You could see the frustration with the two.

Right. I think that's a product of Chris Paul's on-court production being significantly worse in year two but still walking and talking like the alpha of the team. It's one thing to take criticism and barking from an equal or superior. It's another thing entirely to be taking criticism from a clearly inferior player. Year 2 is also when management fired a lot of assistant coaches and let Ariza walk. Tilman and Co. rocked the infrastructure of the entire team one year removed from taking the best team of all time to a game 7.

I get that but he also barked at him to run the offense that year. It could be they lost coaches but they strayed away from the offense the year prior. I know his iso rating increase only like 5% in year two with Chris and jumped from 12.9 possessions to 16.4 possessions per game.

I just remember watching that season and grow frustrated watching it play out. Made the offense super stagnant and didn’t make the defense work whatsoever.

I get that but he also barked at him to run the offense that year. It could be they lost coaches but they strayed away from the offense the year prior. I know his iso rating increase only like 5% in year two with Chris and jumped from 12.9 possessions to 16.4 possessions per game.

I just remember watching that season and grow frustrated watching it play out. Made the offense super stagnant and didn’t make the defense work whatsoever.

how much of that was injuries and turnover in the lineup? that's the season he went on that nutty december-january streak of 30 bombs on everyone and James Ennis and Kenneth Faried were starting. they brought james nunnally from europe and even he started a couple of games lol. that second season was doomed as soon as we tried to replace key contributors with great value brand players, fired half the coaching staff, and starting bringing in dudes off the street because the team we did have was injured.

remember this?

Dxdc2f9XgAA1K_q

these were the box scores.

1607549854238.png

1607549880340.png

1607549907925.png

no continuity throughout the season because of roster turnover and injuries and the second best player on the roster making 40+ million and not being able to play. there's a ton of stars you can replace harden with that lineup and you're not making the playoffs and he dragged our corpse of a roster to a 53 win season. I know everyone is upset at how he's handling the current situation, but this team is exponentially better with him than without him, and I'm really not looking forward to being a perennial 10 seed waiting for another star to come. Tilman looks like Sarver out in phoenix and we've seen how long that took to turn around, and it only did because Book developed into a legit star.

Seems like the rockets are having a great training camp. Wish harden was there but what can you do. Silas will right the ship I believe in him. Hopefully harden gets on board

Harden has been catered to quite a bit but there’s definitely PR stuff popping off right now. The Covid stuff (which WB clearly already had before team workouts even opened back up), the teams that “don’t want him” (they do, they just want him for scraps), among other things.

Harden has been catered to quite a bit but there’s definitely PR stuff popping off right now. The Covid stuff (which WB clearly already had before team workouts even opened back up), the teams that “don’t want him” (they do, they just want him for scraps), among other things.

right. I'm taking everything with a grain of salt right now. lots of PR and spin in the air. same for when "harden wanted out because tilman is a trump supporter". pure team harden PR. should've just called tilman a broke sucker

Don’t be surprised if Harden is dealt, that PJ is packaged WITH him, but that both are working out together.

Don’t be surprised if Harden is dealt, that PJ is packaged WITH him, but that both are working out together.

Heard a few rumors about Indiana being in play with Miles Turner, Oladipo, and fillers. Sounded interesting, but would cost Harden and PJ. Honestly given time I think KJ Martin will give us everything PJ does. We're not going to contend this year anyways so I'd love to see Silas just throw KJ out there and let him learn.

S

Surprised to see Wood isn’t starting. I’m actually excited to see the team. No expectations no disappointment :lol:

I will be watching Tate closely, everything I’ve read about him screams PJ Tucker replacement

Surprised to see Wood isn’t starting. I’m actually excited to see the team. No expectations no disappointment :lol:

I will be watching Tate closely, everything I’ve read about him screams PJ Tucker replacement

Something with Wood’s elbow

I’m just ready for this Harden saga to end. The way he’s going about this ain’t it. He has no leverage. He ain’t a FA. He probably knows he’s going about it in a ****** up way cause he’s a great player and can get away with it.

Id trade him to Miami for Bam and Herro in a heartbeat tho. But that’s a pipe dream.

I’m just ready for this Harden saga to end. The way he’s going about this ain’t it. He has no leverage. He ain’t a FA. He probably knows he’s going about it in a ****ed up way cause he’s a great player and can get away with it.

Id trade him to Miami for Bam and Herro in a heartbeat tho. But that’s a pipe dream.

Something else is going on behind the scenes we're not hearing I feel. I mean dude played 50 games or so with WB it never even got a chance to play a full season. He was a big player in trading for him...

Now he won't even give a new coach a chance to see how things work out. I'll be glad when his diva self is gone I'd get it if midway through the season he was clashing with Silas, but from everything I've read the 2 have hardly even spoke...

I’m just ready for this Harden saga to end. The way he’s going about this ain’t it. He has no leverage. He ain’t a FA. He probably knows he’s going about it in a ****ed up way cause he’s a great player and can get away with it.

Facts. Pat Riley dont even want him there though and im not trading a couple 1st and BAM + other young players for Harden.

Something else is going on behind the scenes we're not hearing I feel. I mean dude played 50 games or so with WB it never even got a chance to play a full season. He was a big player in trading for him...

Now he won't even give a new coach a chance to see how things work out. I'll be glad when his diva self is gone I'd get it if midway through the season he was clashing with Silas, but from everything I've read the 2 have hardly even spoke...

I know there were reports that he really wanted Ty Lue instead of Silas.

Tate looks way bigger than 6'4 and what I remember of him at tOSU... he was a SG there basically and now he played PF today.. he really might be PJ's replacement, looked like him when it came to hustling tonight with all the tap outs.

Wall and Boogie looked pretty solid.

Bruno turning into Brazilian KD today with all the 3's :pimp:

It's meaningless preseason vs the Bulls, but Silas got me excited...

Back
Top Bottom