Houston Rockets Thread 2024/2025 - NBA DraftTime, Sheppard On Deck

These Nuggets and Sixers games are some fantastic wins. These are the kind of games to build on for the playoffs. Only compliant tonight is some of Westbrook’s gaffs and guys after Harden/WB/Capela needing to hit their shots. PJ, House, Mclemore, and EG can’t be ineffective in the playoffs.

Yeah Russ was pretty awful all night. Started the game with all those forced missed mid range shots. Then he had like 3 awful plays in a row. Tried to throw it off someone’s back on the inbound, then missed the wide open dunk, then did something else. Frustrating to watch, but we had a comfortable lead at the time (although no lead is ever comfortable with this team). I think they went on a 10-0 run in literally just over 1 minute.

harden’s been so efficient it’s almost kind of weird. Good ones though against strong teams. Bunch of games we should win coming up before we play the lakers on the 18th. Hopefully we can be the 2 seed by then.

the team has been in a shooting slump, and the offense is still rolling. They should be blowing teams out when the shots start back falling

Gary Clark wouldn’t be part of the playoff rotation might as well cut him

Already know the results, but currently running it back at the 7 minute mark of the second quarter and I'm wondering how this even ended in just a 7 point game. Should've been a thorough asswhooping, but a see Westbrook is being held out for tomorrow night's game, and the rotation was basically just 7 guys...on a back to back. Nene and Green clearly aren't playing this season, Gary Clark was just waived, and Thabo is trash. You're left with Clemons, Tyson, and two 2-way players in William Howard and Michael Fraizer . The amount of wasted roster spots on this team is disgusting. How do you not play any of these backend guys against a team like the Hawks?? That is the PERFECT time to put guys in there. I'm not even gonna fry MDA cause I've done that enough and I don't need his fanbase taking any offence to it.

For as flexible and creative as Morey is when it comes to the salary cap, I can’t wait until his organizational control is taken by someone not enslaved to analytics.

Rough game yesterday. Damn near a schedule loss, just sucks it had to happen vs OKC on prime time. Westbrook was really the only person that showed fire. Harden kept avoiding open midrange OKC to take contested 3s. House and PJ continued their offensive slump. Nobody else added anything other than Clemons (who should’ve played at least 20 minutes the previous night). I just don’t get how you don’t empty the bench vs a team like the Hawks. Even Howard and Frazier should’ve gotten minutes vs the Hawks. Regardless of who is or isn’t in the lineup, this team is fending for themselves because they have a lame duck on the sidelines with them. MDA should be a family man right now. The league has caught up to and passed him by.

I would love for then bench to get in like that consistently and be able to ride out garbage time like that. It shouldn't take an injury to one of the starters for that to happen. Last night's game is what should've happened vs the Hawks, which had it happened I feel like the OKC game would have had a different result. Very good game last night. Harden and Westbrook did their thing, as did EG, Hartenstein showed out again, even Thabo added something :rofl: his best game as a Rocket. Harden didn't play the whole 4th quarter and that would be great towards the end of the season. We know what Hartenstein is capable of at this point, and his play should allow Capela to no have to be on the floor 38+ minutes.

don't worry, we'll have the same issues next year under whichever coach Morey hand picks to replace MDA. As long as the front office is enslaved to analytics, games like this will always happen.

I appreciate Westbrook calling out these lazy *** dudes. But it would help to not roll with small ball and continue to pile up minutes for the starters. You need bodies out there no matter what for SOME relief. How do you talk about how impressive Hartenstein is and the work he puts in, then make him languish on the bench immediately after?? I was hoping MDA taking longer than usual to have his post game conference meant he was getting served his walking papers, but of course it was just him with the same tired **** not taking any responsibility. Gave his best Bill O’Brien impression.

9B539C14-BA4B-4658-A903-1D35C877544D.jpeg

we play small ball because our offensive ideology is to spread the floor and shoot as many threes as possible. remember, morey hired MDA because he wanted a coach who would fall in line with Morey's philosophy.

^You should be able to adjust your philosophy as games go on when things aren’t working, especially since they don’t actually have the skilled shooting for that philosophy.

Hopefully they just man up and win tonight. I work til 11 so I pretty much won’t know anything til around 10. I just want to log on and see a W and keep it moving. Can’t find the tweet, but it was saying MDA will use a 2 big lineup to combat the Lakers bigs. Knowing him, he means big in width instead of length, so he’s talking about Harden and PJ, or EG and PJ.

Last edited:
At home coming off a bad loss to the blazers, should fuel the team to get it done. Westbrook has been playing great, hopefully harden decides to join him tonight. Harden usually goes brazy vs the lakers

At home coming off a bad loss to the blazers, should fuel the team to get it done. Westbrook has been playing great, hopefully harden decides to join him tonight. Harden usually goes brazy vs the lakers

Looks like we were wrong, and MDA is a liar, which I was right about.

They need to not lose again to LAL nor OKC this season

Last edited:

MDA makes every excuse not to play hartenstein. Tyson is WASHED he can barely move out there, just play Harty. Idk why he is so resistant when harty has shown to be serviceable

Seems like this was one of those games where sitting Harden for a stretch would’ve benefited them. He pretty much shot them out the game, and Mike D’Enabler let it happen. He basically exposed himself verbatim in that post game presser. Actual coaches wouldn’t allow this to happen.

This is absolute sabotage by MDA and anybody who doesn’t realize this is fooling themselves. He doesn’t have a contract extension, a bunch of his assistants have already been fired, and he’s doing nothing but lying and making excuses after every loss, instead of being accountable. MDA is 100% tanking to get fired, but Tilman doesn’t want to actually make the move to fire him.

I don’t understand harden. Deep shot isn’t falling, yet he was 8/12 driving to the basket. Why the **** don’t you just keep attacking the basket then?

Adams got injured like 2 mins into the game. OKC had Mike Muscala protecting the rim for the rest of the game. :smh:

I don’t understand harden. Deep shot isn’t falling, yet he was 8/12 driving to the basket. Why the **** don’t you just keep attacking the basket then?

papa morey don't want that. analytics don't care about your cold streaks. numbers say the tides will turn eventually and average out. the organization as a whole preaches "keep shooting", so i'm not sure why y'all think a cold night is gonna stop us from chucking shots.

Back
Top Bottom