Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

I'm surprised Trev got offered a bag like that but not mad. I think Morey will try to work out a sign and trade with the Suns and maybe get back an asset or trade exception.

If not, I think they re-sign Luc, try to get another rotational wing player for the MLE, and maybe dangle Ryno for Bazemore or a similar player on a bad contract.

I also think Melo ends up getting bought out this year and we may be a possible destination again.

Of course all this is pretty early to make such predictions :lol:

Pretty much all this :lol: really hope they can re-sign Luc and get him healthy. Can't have just PJ with both Luc and Ariza gone. Very interested in these other moves that get made.

Pretty much all this :lol: really hope they can re-sign Luc and get him healthy. Can't have just PJ with both Luc and Ariza gone. Very interested in these other moves that get made.
Yeah. i'm very curious how the market shapes out for all the free agents that fit our scheme, i.e. 3&D wing players that can switch. i feel like we'd get first crack at them but with our cap situation we may have to get the more "undervalued" and analytical guys. basically similar to the Luc signing last year.

i really hope Luc signs for the minimum again (maybe his value tanked as a result of last year), which would give us more money to hand out with the MLE. green signing for the minimum was really helpful.

other than that, it's basically gonna be an assortment of bad contract trade ideas (Bazemore, Batum, etc...) for Ryno Anderson and picks. maybe even eventually trade for a disgruntled star at the trade deadline.

I wonder if Damtoni will just roll with 3 guards next year.
i hope not. that would be extremely unideal given CP3's injury history. you don't want to overwork him in any circumstance.

it's gonna be interesting to see how NBA ready Melton is. if he's worked on his handles and form, he's an avery bradley-esque player.

maybe there's some ring chaser minimum guys like jameer nelson we'd sign for the regular season depth.

i have no idea who this guy is but those numbers intrigue me. patrick beverley-esque pickup possibly?

:lol: someone said he was the lowest rated 2K player one year. that's a massive improvement if he's shooting 55% from 3 now though

Last edited:
The market for Capela is drying up quick (we might even get a steal with him). Dallas and Phoenix, two of the three teams I figured would throw alot of money at him, have pretty much blown through their cap space. Hopefully the Lakers dont dont make him some crazy offer. I still kinda think Hawks, Kings, Bulls, and Nets may make a run at him, but I doubt it will be an offer we wont match.

The market for Capela is drying up quick (we might even get a steal with him). Dallas and Phoenix, two of the three teams I figured would throw alot of money at him, have pretty much blown through their cap space. Hopefully the Lakers dont dont make him some crazy offer. I still kinda think Hawks, Kings, Bulls, and Nets may make a run at him, but I doubt it will be an offer we wont match.
Bulls drafted Wendell, Nets have Jarrett Allen, Hawks might not have enough cap space (I think they only have like ~13m), and Kings are trying to build a Giles-Bagley frontcourt.

Lakers just signed Bron so it's possible we really may end up getting Capela for a steal. This is pretty good news. DJ to the Mavs was a very key part.

We’ll be above the cap either way won’t we? Does that affect anything short term for us?

We’ll be above the cap either way won’t we? Does that affect anything short term for us?
yep, capela's contract has no bearing on our cap situation in the short term, except the luxury tax, which only comes out the owner's paycheck. we'll match anything, especially considering the teams that actually have an offer to make.
Other than the Rockets not matching an offer for Capela, him signing the QO is the worst thing that can happen to the Rockets
true, but i don't think we'd let it get to that point. reasonable starting point if no one else offers is probably something similar to aaron gordon. he got 4/84.

2F278B11-2AEE-405D-B6BD-7C9FD7B20DBE.png
Seems like everyone wins in this scenario

tweet got deleted. what was the scenario?

3 team trade with Phoenix Denver Houston

Suns get Ariza, Nanu and fillers

Houston gets Wilson chandler and 2nd’s

Nuggets get Jared Dudley

Apparently it can’t happen because Ariza deal has to be at least 3 years

3 team trade with Phoenix Denver Houston

Suns get Ariza, Nanu and fillers

Houston gets Wilson chandler and 2nd’s

Nuggets get Jared Dudley

Apparently it can’t happen because Ariza deal has to be at least 3 years
Oh yeah, cause of the S&T rule.

Hard pass on Chandler after that trash I witnessed last year in Denver. Would rather have Ariza at 15m but I guess if we get really desperate and believe he's not on the decline and can bounce back then maybe we go after him somehow.

He still in the league? :lol:

MCW can't shoot for **** either

Feel like they got him cause he’s a PG that’s at least played a significant amount of NBA games, compared to a random g-league status guy. Maybe he can be a 1st yr Rockets Brewer signing :lol: seems like that’s their plan since they wanted him years ago. A reclamation project to try to make more attractive in a trade.

Lakers-Fan-Takes-Off-Sunglasses.gif

How y'all offseason going?

Didn’t sign a bunch of randos for a failed attempt at Kawhi Leonard
1C9EF827-C357-480E-B86A-B888D3666157.png

Enjoy that 10th place “year to grow” finish

325A4925-D8EB-4B16-B80C-11D91DAEEAED.gif

Feel like they got him cause he’s a PG that’s at least played a significant amount of NBA games, compared to a random g-league status guy. Maybe he can be a 1st yr Rockets Brewer signing :lol: seems like that’s their plan since they wanted him years ago. A reclamation project to try to make more attractive in a trade.

Tried to warn y'all Rockets fans but y'all wouldn't listen. Lakers on the way up, Rockets coming down. Harden still ain't lived up in the post season... CP3 a year older and always hurt...

Peep Game Peep Game I would have rather seen them chase Jamal Crawford, Seth Curry, or the guy I really wanted being Tyreke Evans (once Ariza was lost) but 2 of the 3 are now off the board...at least those guys could shoot. MCW has skills, but last season he shot 33% from the field and like 25% from the 3. He just doesn't really fit our style IMO, I hope he proves me wrong, I do like his versatility though. Morey has been way toooooo quiet, I hope hes not played himself, and cast to wide of a net on some guys. The guys hes met with have all pretty much been head scratchers for a guy who is "obsessed" with beating the Warriors. I'd still like to see them pickup Brook Lopez, having a stretch 5 to me would very interesting, but we need to lock down Capala ASAP. I dont want to see him unrestricted, I'm still pretty shocked he didnt garner more interest around the leaugue. I was sure Dallas and maybe the Lakers would throw a max contract at him.

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius I'm assuming your a Lakers fan so congrats on landing LeBron, but I feel that team might implode before the season is over. What were you guys thinking when you pick up Javale, Lance, and Rajon to pair with Lavars big mouth, LeBron will be completely bald after a season dealing with their shenanigans. Welcome to mediocrity.

Back
Top Bottom