Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

You'll only go so far when your second best person next to Harden on any given night is Pat Bev/Eric Gordon/Ariza/Lou Williams.

I knew what it was with Harden when he was throwing the game in the elimanation game against the Spurs this season.

I'll never look at dude the same really. He's too suspect at times and that's okay. We just can't be too surprised anymore.

all good....We probably (definitely) have a different definition of "superstar" and "superstar production" :lol:

There are like 5-8 superstars total in the league, imo.

Yea wouldn't exactly say 3 superstars, but Draymond and Klay can definitely give you superstar elements. Both play very good defense and can score when they want. I'd say more you need two stars minimum, which a lot of teams do have. The way the team is currently constructed definitely feels like those older Cavs teams, where you have 1 guy doing a whole lot, and you're not sure who else will step up on a given night. Harden needs another name next to him, that's pretty much it. Not a "value player" either, but somebody legit.

Thing is who is that name that would work in this system and will be available. Pretty much bad timing for us hoping we land one of those big names.

You never know though

Thing is who is that name that would work in this system and will be available. Pretty much bad timing for us hoping we land one of those big names.

You never know though

Have know idea, that's definitely the dilemma. But 2 stars > 1, regardless of what star it would be and the style of play. You basically get them, and sort stuff out later

Last edited:
We can talk about moves all day, but we will never be a contender as long as Ryan Anderson is a starter.

Unless the other big starting next to him is a star (like damn near the best player on the team), which is unrealistic.
Not too many better stretch 4s than him, so he stays.  Hopefully he remains healthy throughout his contract.

We need a better C and a 2nd scorer(all-star level).  Cousins would be ideal, but I don't know if he's outgrown that attitude he has.  

^I'm starting to think most people who bring up "stretch 4" as just parrotting other people's comments. It doesnt take a whole lot to think about how players who don't solely shoot deep 3s could contribute to our offense, fluidly. Stretching the floor is not simply about shooting deep 3s. I'm gonna start disregarding this "Stretch 4" requirement that's really just a requirement to shoot deep 3s. :lol:

smh @ this though. Curious to know what's going on in the locker room between the Ariza/JH rumor and now this.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/rockets-actively-shopping-trade-patrick-beverley

^I'm starting to think most people who bring up "stretch 4" as just parrotting other people's comments. It doesnt take a whole lot to think about how players who don't solely shoot deep 3s could contribute to our offense, fluidly. Stretching the floor is not simply about shooting deep 3s. I'm gonna start disregarding this "Stretch 4" requirement that's really just a requirement to shoot deep 3s. :lol:

smh @ this though. Curious to know what's going on in the locker room between the Ariza/JH rumor and now this.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/rockets-actively-shopping-trade-patrick-beverley

Unless they really feel like they're landing Chris Paul and/or Paul George, this is a goofy move. The guys who should be on trade watch are Ryno and Ariza. But I'm not a GM so oh well

Bev is my favorite player. I'll be livid if they trade him. Too bad his heart doesn't rub off onto everyone else.

Bev is my favorite player. I'll be livid if they trade him. Too bad his heart doesn't rub off onto everyone else.

Basically my feelings. Not only is his heart and defense there all the time, but he managed to be pretty legit on offense when he needed. Unless you know you're getting a star, that's not a guy you trade

anybody not named James Harden is replaceable, but that doesn't mean it makes sense :lol:

I'm not sure whether how replaceable he is - is a point of debate. You have to consider financial implications when guys are playing on "bargain" contracts, accepting roles.

as long as whatever player we obtain has the same intangibles as Bev, we're good - because nobody else on the team has them. and his intangibles ARE NOT replaceable. We are SOFT without Bev's presence.

We woulda lost in the first round this year without Bev.

Morey might be doing a bit too much right now. He needs to relax.

I knew he was bugging when he tried to trade Shump for Beverly. Shump was probably the worst player in the Finals :lol:.

Last edited:
If it's a clear talent upgrade then it's no question you replace Bev. Depending on Harden to do everything is getting old, we need some real difference makers to be on par with San Antonio let alone GSW.

Beverley got significantly better this year. He was knocking down huge 3's consistently. I can only imagine he'll keep improving, because he's the type of guy that has the drive to keep getting better. He's a bargain at his current contract which is good, but that just makes him even more appealing to other teams.

Beverley got significantly better this year. He was knocking down huge 3's consistently. I can only imagine he'll keep improving, because he's the type of guy that has the drive to keep getting better. He's a bargain at his current contract which is good, but that just makes him even more appealing to other teams.

I just want him to finish Westbrook

If it's a clear talent upgrade then it's no question you replace Bev. Depending on Harden to do everything is getting old, we need some real difference makers to be on par with San Antonio let alone GSW.

Exactly, a real clear talent upgrade, not replacing Bev with Darren Collison. Otherwise, you're just trading him cause Morey likes trades.

I just want him to finish Westbrook

This also. There's like 3 other guys on the team who make more sense to trade before Bev, for money, expendability, and declining ability. Ryno, Lou Will, and Ariza all fit those descriptions

Last edited:
Has Houston drafted the next great 7 ft. German?

Word is he might not even suit up in a Rockets uni for a couple of seasons, if at all.

Jordan Bell or bust with this next pick.

Edit: Bell already off the board. My bad. Dillon Brooks is cool though. Another guy that'll hoist bombs.

Last edited:
Has Houston drafted the next great 7 ft. German?

Word is he might not even suit up in a Rockets uni for a couple of seasons, if at all.

Saw something saying he actually wants to play in the NBA now :lol:

The Dillon Brooks pick is being traded to Memphis, just didn't say what for. More than likely $$$

Back
Top Bottom