Houston Rockets 09-10 Season 42-40 See you next season

Bosh with the Rockets
pimp.gif

They'll become a top 4 team in the West

Caron, Iggy, Bosh... we've been hearing about a lot of different trade scenarios, but as we know at this time of year there's all kinds of rumorsfloating around.
I'm just intrigued as to what trade Daryl Morey will make, and whether or not we will actually give up any of our young talent( which I'm not in favorof) or just be able to unload T-Mac.

Here's another interesting article on the Rockets
By Chris Broussard

While the Houston Rockets realize that trading Tracy McGrady will not be easy, the club now believes it has a better than 50 percent chance of moving the fading superstar before the Feb. 18 trade deadline, according to league executives.

The Rockets are in discussions with several clubs about McGrady, but sources say two of the teams near the top of their wish list are Washington and Chicago.

Nothing is imminent with either team, but there are potential deals with both clubs that Houston would be interested in pulling off.

Washington, which league executives believe is in cost-cutting mode after the Gilbert Arenas disaster, could have McGrady for a deal featuring Caron Butler and some expiring contracts, perhaps Mike Miller and Randy Foye.

Chicago, which has definite interest in McGrady, also has the combination of young talent and expiring contracts the Rockets are looking for. There is a Bulls player Houston covets, but it's not clear who that is. Since the Rockets surely realize that Derrick Rose is untradeable, logic suggests it's Joakim Noah.

A package of Brad Miller, Jerome James, both of whom have expiring contracts, and Noah would work financially, but sources say the Bulls have no desire to part with Noah. The player the Bulls would like to move is Kirk Hinrich. He's even ahead of Tyrus Thomas on their list of players they'd love to trade. Thomas is being offered around the league as a sweetener in any Hinrich deal. But with two years, $17 million left on his contract after this season, there's not a great market for Hinrich.

Believe it or not, sources say Philadelphia has not completely ruled out a McGrady-for-Andre Iguodala deal, if only because if the losing continues Sixers ownership may order a fire sale.

Talks between the two teams have taken place but they have not reached the serious stage. Philadelphia hinted at a package of Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert for McGrady. But while Houston loves Iguodala's talent, its not sure such a deal would make it a legitimate championship contender. To take back the four years, $57 million remaining on Iguodala's contract after this season, Houston has to be convinced it would become an immediate title contender once Yao Ming returns next season.

Stephen Jackson went crazy against the Rockets tonight with 43 pts. Tough loss for the Rockets. Gotta respond when playing against a team that plays harddefense just like themselves.

Here are some interesting trades that will get Chris Bosh and Iggy on the Rockets. Yeah, it's more like 2k10 than real life...

Trade 1: Trevor Ariza, Luis Scola, Brian Cook and David Anderson to Toronto for Bosh, Sonny Weems and Patrick O'Bryant. The Raptors turn a guy they wereprobably going to lose anyway (Bosh) into three solid rotation players in Ariza, Scola and Anderson, which is way better than getting nothing.

Trade 2: As rumored on ESPN, Tracy McGrady's massive expiring contract to Toronto for Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert. Philly cuts a ton of long-termmoney, which they need to do considering how much the organization is struggling financially, and finally gets rid of Dalembert. Meanwhile, the Rockets get asolid two-way player in Iguodala who is still very young.

This ends up being Houston's roster in 2010/11

PG: Aaron Brooks, Kyle Lowry

SG: Shane Battier, Chase Budinger

SF: Andre Iguodala

PF: Chris Bosh, Carl Landry

C: Yao Ming, Samuel Dalembert, Chuck Hayes

Now THAT'S a scary team. Houston could then flip Dalembert for two other rotation players (by 2011, Dalembert has an expiring contract) and field an evenbetter team. That sound you heard is the Lakers cowering in fear.

Any chance of this happening? Haha.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
I would love to have that roster

But yeah this dude Stephen Jackson went crazy, like many games this season, we sucked in the third quarter and failed to pull it out in the forth.

We have to do something about these damn third quarters.

Heat vs Rockets tonight. Surprised no one commented on the triple-overtime win against the TWolves. Should be a interesting game with both teams that play goodeffort team defense. The Heat will try to slow it down while the Rockets will try to run. We'll see what happens.

T-Mac trade update. Still at around 50%. To 76ers for Iggy and Dalembert if they continue to lose. To the Wizards for Butler if the Wizards want to start over.To the Bulls for Hinrich, Thomas, and Salmons, but that is looking less likely with the Bulls beating the Celtics last night.

Dream situation for T-Mac is to play with Wade on the Heat. Losing O'Neal will hurt the Heat's interior defense, but having a legit side-kick for Wadewould be great too.

I've been highly dissapointed in the way we've been playing, we should have beaten Charlotte and Miami, but it looks like teams have figured us out andwe are no longer a suprise. I'm glad we have three days off to practice and really try to focus on defense. It's funny how I expected not too much fromthis team and now I'm dissapointed in them but that just speaks to how this team has really suprised us.

Brooks and Lowry were
pimp.gif
last night.

They have to try to replicate that performance tonight.

And it is a shame we haven't gotten one already but oh well, it is what it is. But once we make the playoffs they won't have any choice but to put us on national tv
laugh.gif

Our defense has been looking awful, to put it mildly. You have to take care of business against the Chicago's and teams similar to them.

The Hawks will definitely be a tougher task than the bulls, let's see if we don't give up a 100 against them.

Well we got a win at least, but we were still behind double digits in the first half and made things hard on ourselves towards the end of the game.

And Kyle Lowry left the game with a knee injury, but it appears that he'll be fine, it's just a sprained knee probably. The MRI he took showed no structural damage.

Hell the whole month lol. It just might be a recurring theme until the trade clouds clear.

And with Ariza becoming a sort of a whipping boy, a road trip is what they might need.

You're right Statis
laugh.gif
, January wasn't kind to us.

And yeah a lot of the players have the thought of a trade in their minds, which is why they don't seem to be the same team as earlier in the year.
Hopefully once this whole thing is done everyone can just get back to focusing on basketball.

Trade Buzz: 20 who might move: Only Rockets parts.

[table][tr][td]
McGrady

2. Tracy McGrady, G, Rockets
While it's unclear what McGrady has left as a player, his contractmakes him a superstar at the trade deadline: A team trading for T-Maccan wipe $22 million off its 2010-11 books.

The Rockets are still trying to figure out how to use this asset -- isit a trade piece or an expiring contract to benefit their own capsituation?

The hottest McGrady rumor involves the potential acquisition of AndreIguodala (along with Samuel Dalembert). If they can get a player ofIguodala's talent for McGrady, that might be too much for the Rocketsto pass up.

Haywood

4. Brendan Haywood, C, Wizards
With the Portland Trail Blazers, the Houston Rockets and other teams inneed of a big man, it could be Haywood, not Butler or Jamison, whodeparts the Wizards first. Washington needs more than just cap reliefto move Haywood's expiring contract, but not much more.

Iguodala

5. Andre Iguodala, G/F, Sixers
I've struggled to accept the idea that the 76ers would give awayIguodala, their best player, no matter how desperate they are to cutpayroll. But in NBA front offices, the word is that he is very muchavailable. Of course, Philly's hope is to get rid of the contract ofSamuel Dalembert in such a deal.

A source told ESPN.com on Wednesday that the Houston Rockets haverecently renewed discussions with the 76ers about a deal involvingIguodala and Dalembert for the expiring contract of Tracy McGrady. Andas I reported above, the Suns have also entered the mix, offering AmareStoudemire for Iguodala and Dalembert. The Cavs and Dallas Maverickshave explored Iguodala deals as well.

Slowing discussions at the moment is the fact that the Sixers reallywant to get some talent back in such a deal. The Rockets have playersto offer, and the Suns might be willing to throw in Leandro Barbosa,I'm told.

Dalembert

10. Samuel Dalembert, C, Sixers
For the most part Dalembert has been paired with Andre Iguodala in trade talks with the Rockets, Suns and Mavs.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Glad to see the Rockets finally get a nationally televised game. It's hard being a Rockets fan in Seattle. To make matters worse I don't even have NBATV, a local team to watch anymore (still miss the Sonics), and ESPN/TNT seem to play Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, or Magic 75% of the time. Also, I would like to see the Iggy/Dalembert for Tmac trade go down but it still seems like a tough sell with macs high salary until 2011.

Originally Posted by jayt206

Glad to see the Rockets finally get a nationally televised game. It's hard being a Rockets fan in Seattle. To make matters worse I don't even have NBATV, a local team to watch anymore (still miss the Sonics), and ESPN/TNT seem to play Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, or Magic 75% of the time. Also, I would like to see the Iggy/Dalembert for Tmac trade go down but it still seems like a tough sell with macs high salary until 2011.
Mac's contract comes off after this year. Its the only reason a team would trade for him at this point.

Back
Top Bottom