House of Hoops releases: information ONLY!!

Originally Posted by lboiczo

Nike produces a certain amount, sends a certain amount to the HoH, a certain amount gets sold to the customers, and a certain amount of pairs are held by the employees (and management) to be sold to desperate customers who call in looking for pairs... or taken to flight club.

I missed out on the ctk, but I got my svsm and osu's. Even had time to goto both of my classes yesterday and still got back in time.

If this is the way it works then whomever is the manager at HOH should be looking for a new job immediately. You can't stop employees from buying andselling on Ebay but for a manager to knowingly have his/her employees holding pairs for extra cash or taking them to FC after purchase is just wrong. Nike andFL need to step in and stop the insanity. This is supposed to be a spot where people actually have a chance to get some exclusive merchandise. Itshouldn't be a profit center for the manager and his/her staff.

you people have the managers policy all wrong..what ever the release, only %10 of the pairs are allowed to be purchased by the employees..48 pairs to thepublic 4 pairs for raffle to the employees. rounded down of course

^ all for a raffle system to the employees, but that still doesn't make me feel better about the situation. It's not like an employee whom didn'tget the luck of the draw, can't call one of their homeboys up, hit them with the info, and scoop themselves a pair. It's way easier than that. Employeegets his shoes, homeboy gets cash/shoes/future info, it all works out for everybody in the end, except the people that don't have the connect. That'swhy you get the same people scooping up all the pairs, half of which they don't even keep. I'm all for the hustle, hell make your money, but this addsa whole nother entity of resellers getting theirs and real fans getting shafted. Life isn't fair, so i'll except it, but it sucks how every lebronrelease i am ampt about i can get no cheaper than 5 bills because of this system. Makes me want to give up the lebron hobby already...

Its just so sad that if you really want something from HOH you have to pay these crazy prices. Nike why not put a 600-1000 price tag on them in the store ifyour customers going to have to pay that on the ebay market just have a chance then it would cut out the money hungry resellers that want to make a profit byover charging the people that really want them when they less than $300 for retail. Then we will see the real Lebron folks who aren't in it for the money.I don't want to hear that I'm hating because that is surely not the case if you paid $250 for a pair wanted to charge $380 for your troubles then finebut don't come out with these 500-1000 price tag when its no where near worth that much all you had to do was go to the store to pick them up. Some may saywell I campedout for hours nobody told you do that and it doesn't warrant a price increase. I agree that nike needs to make these releases and onlinereleases and give everyone in the United States a fair chance at them because in the end some pairs are still going to wind up on ebay giving the overseasbuyers a chance at these.

^you can add me to that list as well. why should i buy the horrible gr colorways when i have no chance at getting any of the good colorways for retailprice? and no, i dont just want them because they are limited or have a logo on them. the blue gr would have been worth buying except they didnt put the extrapatent on them going around the back like the osu and svsm have.

but its more than just lebrons in my eyes. why cant we get the kobe 1's to release here than just released in asia? or the kobe 3's in ANY lakercolorway that just released in asia? and we are not just talking basketball shoes, look at all the air max releases of og colorways being released in europelately. i wanted some blue toe structures and the black, reverse infrared am 90's! and yes i understand that we get some things they dont also, but cantwe all have the same options or chances to get these things at retail price? nike loves watching the resllers i guess.

I agree with the HoH turning me away from the LeBron franchise.
It's a shame that all the good stuff is imposible to get.
I may by the dunkman colorway of the Vs soon(only because I actually have a chance at a decent colorway that isn't a HoH exclusive), but that's it

thats my point! why should i have to hustle to get a good colorway of a pair of lebrons? if i cant order them online or walk into a store and buy them, its notfor me. i guess i dont take collecting as seriosuly as you guys here, or even as seriously as i did a few years ago.

i dont care if nike listens or not, im just stating why i no longer buy lebron shoes, thats it. im not trying to persuade anyone todo the same or knockinganyone that does, i know 160 has his connect and money right because he always gets what he wants, and early on top of it. but thats just not for me, to eachhis own.

Originally Posted by deionandmelo

thats my point! why should i have to hustle to get a good colorway of a pair of lebrons? if i cant order them online or walk into a store and buy them, its not for me. i guess i dont take collecting as seriosuly as you guys here, or even as seriously as i did a few years ago.

i dont care if nike listens or not, im just stating why i no longer buy lebron shoes, thats it. im not trying to persuade anyone todo the same or knocking anyone that does, i know 160 has his connect and money right because he always gets what he wants, and early on top of it. but thats just not for me, to each his own.

i wish that was true
frown.gif
i hear ya but this is what sneaker collectionhas come to and its really nothing new at this point.

Nike why not put a 600-1000 price tag on them in the store if your customers going to have to pay that on the ebay market just have a chance then it would cut out the money hungry resellers
1) doesnt look good on Nike, think about it. $600 kicks for retail? nah. Not gonna happen.

why should i have to hustle to get a good colorway of a pair of lebrons? if i cant order them online or walk into a store and buy them, its not for me.
Thats the sneaker game, been like that for awhile.
Some of us enjoy the search and some obviously dont.

When we camp out for kicks its cuz we want the damn pair, straight up.

Originally Posted by kaczalas

Originally Posted by gotkickz105

anyone kno how many pairs of CTK were produced? any range of number is fine

AFAIK
CTK and SVSM - about 70
OSU - 25.

Please correct if wrong.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Guys someone PMed me about this. I thought I covered it before. What HoH gets is HARDLY how many are produced. But all you should be concerned about isreleased at Retail. Then you could just ask HoH how many they got to sell.

Then again that would be a hard answer to get from them since they are hookin folks up with multiple pairs...
I do feel bad for the non NYC folks...

More power to those who can get them from Marquee and Air- Randy I suppose eh?

It's all about supply and demand....you kids need to go back to school, lol. When something "new" is released i.e. exclusives people go crazyover them. Demand is high and supply is low....not just for the collectors but resellers who look on here. So don't buy the shoes for 600 bucks, then if noone buys it price will go down b/c the demand is low. It's just how the world works, life's not fair and if you want something you have to work to getit. Now I understand maybe some of the stuff HoH is doing isn't fair either but it's just how it is. Heck I would love to have a HoH wear I live oreven the NYC NikeID studio, but I don't. So you didn't get an exclusive pair of Lebrons this time, maybe next time you will.

Everyone has there own opinion about collecting, so people just like the thrill of the chase....so people like to wear everything they buy, some people flipshoes for money, it's a hobby.....you can't hate b/c someone has something or knows someone you don't.....Envy/Greed are 2 of the worst sins....

Originally Posted by RockDeep

What HoH gets is HARDLY how many are produced.
right, HARDLY...

It's all about supply and demand....you kids need to go back to school, lol. When something "new" is released i.e. exclusives people go crazy over them. Demand is high and supply is low....not just for the collectors but resellers who look on here. So don't buy the shoes for 600 bucks, then if no one buys it price will go down b/c the demand is low. It's just how the world works, life's not fair and if you want something you have to work to get it. Now I understand maybe some of the stuff HoH is doing isn't fair either but it's just how it is. Heck I would love to have a HoH wear I live or even the NYC NikeID studio, but I don't. So you didn't get an exclusive pair of Lebrons this time, maybe next time you will.
even if they produce more than 48 (or 70 or whatever number but still somewhat limited), they will still be able to sell all of them. they are notfollowing the simple supply and demand. because if they are, then they should just produce more to meet the "equilibrium" point. it's clearly notabout making money with these HoH exclusives.

peace
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KampoutKid

Hustle harder and stop complaining. Nike isn't listening, trust me.

I hate to also agree with this, but it's true to an extent. I knew this would happen, and if a Fraction of folks here are feeling like moving away fromthe Lebron line, that means there are a few outside of the culture who feel the same when they hear about these types of releases they can't get.

The only thing Nike has goin for them right now, is the General Public as a whole across the US doesn't know about these limited releases unless itssomething like the Yankees and at that point it's free Pub and no one really expects to get them anyway...

Originally Posted by aNYth1ng

Originally Posted by RockDeep

What HoH gets is HARDLY how many are produced.
right, HARDLY...
^ Nice Pic
pimp.gif

Hustle harder and stop complaining. Nike isn't listening, trust me.
^ Probably the only time I have agreed with Kampout...
roll.gif

Damn yo, where are all the SVSM pics at, i seen em, but it seems every1 jumped on the OHIO states and the CTK, where the SVSM,

Originally Posted by tmac360

It's all about supply and demand....you kids need to go back to school, lol. When something "new" is released i.e. exclusives people go crazy over them. Demand is high and supply is low....not just for the collectors but resellers who look on here. So don't buy the shoes for 600 bucks, then if no one buys it price will go down b/c the demand is low. It's just how the world works, life's not fair and if you want something you have to work to get it. Now I understand maybe some of the stuff HoH is doing isn't fair either but it's just how it is. Heck I would love to have a HoH wear I live or even the NYC NikeID studio, but I don't. So you didn't get an exclusive pair of Lebrons this time, maybe next time you will.
even if they produce more than 48 (or 70 or whatever number but still somewhat limited), they will still be able to sell all of them. they are not following the simple supply and demand. because if they are, then they should just produce more to meet the "equilibrium" point. it's clearly not about making money with these HoH exclusives.

peace
smile.gif

i had no idea there were so many economics experts on Niketalk
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh iz back

Damn yo, where are all the SVSM pics at, i seen em, but it seems every1 jumped on the OHIO states and the CTK, where the SVSM,
your welcome......
laugh.gif

the svsms with the green upper could have been so much better if they added a little more green in the toe area (probably like the color blocking on the toesof the HWCs, i guess) and the back part.

damn i need to come here more often i didnt know the yankee 5s released at hoh does anyone know what the next release is

Back
Top Bottom