Honestly: How is Tim Tebow Rushing TD's Impressive????

Oops, I mistyped that. My voting was Tebow first, then Brennan. Sorry about the typo. I just re-read that and gave myself the stoneface.

Tebow was the first 20/20 player in CFB history. There have been many great dual threat QBs and none of them accomplished what Tebow has done this season. Tosay it's easy is stupid.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Tebow is good. Will he be a great NFL quarterback, no IMO. Brad Smith, Troy Smith, Antwaan Randle El, etc these guys were rushing QB's and they don't even play QB in the NFL. I could be wrong, but I see a similar path for Tebow

I imagine that you don't really watch the sport.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

also Tebow has the right image for the Heisman... thats why i knew it was obvious they would give it to him

Mcfadden is the best player in the nation, but just listening to him talk dude is country as HELL, you know they dont want to give him the Heisman over Tebow the pefect, fine young christian boy

Mcfadden would have needed 2000+ yards and 20 TDs to overcome the American hype machine for Tebow
i agree with this.

IMO McFadden should have won it...Tebow is good but you can't deny those stats are slightly inflated.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

Tebow is good. Will he be a great NFL quarterback, no IMO. Brad Smith, Troy Smith, Antwaan Randle El, etc these guys were rushing QB's and they don't even play QB in the NFL. I could be wrong, but I see a similar path for Tebow

I imagine that you don't really watch the sport.
false. i enjoy CFB more than the NFL and that was my opinion.

Originally Posted by hugebird

You guys do realize that it's the most rushing touchdowns in a single season in SEC history? One, two yards or not, if it wasn't impressive, it would have been done before.

I don't think anyone made the case to win the Heisman over Tebow. Kevin Smith has a better case than Colt Brennan. At least he didn't throw 5 picks against Idaho.

Did you even see that game? Three picks came off deflections from Hawaii receivers. Colt hit them, but they tipped it and the secondary got it. Anotherpick came off a damn nice play by the linemen when he hurried Colt and he deflected it while applying pressure.

Stop trying to tear down players by looking at the numbers. At least watch them play.

^Take your own advice and watch Florida play, yall are acting like all of Tebow's rushing TDs are 1 yd QB sneaks, just stop hating that your pick for theHeisman didn't win, because honestly if some of you guys had a vote, Brennan might actually have won
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bobby24K

^Take your own advice and watch Florida play, yall are acting like all of Tebow's rushing TDs are 1 yd QB sneaks, just stop hating that your pick for the Heisman didn't win, because honestly if some of you guys had a vote, Brennan might actually have won
smh.gif
When and where did I tear down Tebow? Of course I watched him play. He's still the same runner as last year but he really improved his throwing.I'll give him that, but I picked DMcF to win it. with Tebow second and Brennan third.

Paul Abell/US Presswire

Tim Tebow has 29 passing TDs and 22 rushing TDs this season.
[h2]Tim Tebow, QB, Florida, sophomore[/h2]Collegefootball's resident folk hero actually exceeded the ridiculous expectations that many Gator fans had for him. Not only was Tebow nearly a sure thingrunning the football, but he was able to withstand dozens of big hits and make it through the season. Better still, his improved passing skills hushed a lot ofskeptics. Save for June Jones.
Heisman moment: Before the rivalry game with Florida State, the Seminoles called Tebow out. It didn't matter. First, Tebow ducks out ofa would-be sack on a third-and-14 and rumbles for 16 yards. Later in the drive, Tebow evades a kill-shot from a defensive lineman, sprints up field and barrelsthrough a couple of DBs near the goal line for a 23-yard touchdown.

Why he will win the Heisman: Tebow had at least one rushing TD in every game and amassed a staggering 51 TDs (29 passing, 22 rushing). His69 percent completion rate and 29-6 TD-INT ratio shows what kind of passer he is. Just what kind of force is he? In every game but one he had at leasta12-yard carry.

Why he won't win the Heisman: It seems silly that some voters might hold his age against him, but many Heisman voters aretraditionalists and will do anything to avoid voting for an underclassman.

[color= rgb(255, 102, 0)]I highlighted that for the haters.[/color]

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

I mean he does he 22 rushing TD's which is great, but they are all for like 2 or 3 yards. Thats just shows the lack of a teams running game. Where is the RB's???? It would be different if he was busting off 50-60 yard runs then, I would say he is a great runner, but he doesn't do that.

Dude has basically 200 carries this year and his longest run is 25yards???
tired.gif

Tim Tebow 22 rushing TD'S
Florida Team RB's have a total of 6 rushing TD's

90% of Quarterbacks could get the little 2-3 yard falling over TD's that he gets!
ohwell.gif

This seriously reminds me of the situation from the movie varsity blues where the coach would try to pad the QB's stats in the red zone!

And I'm not hating....

3cf2513cb1ebb4ed0da18aa7feb678173e9034f.jpg

roll.gif

is there gonna be a post to hate tebow once a day now ?

get over it, he won

and yes you are hating

^Thank you. The whole "inflated stats" arguments is so dumb. I could say Brennan only puts up the numbers he does because Hawaii doesn't have arunning game and throw 50+ times a game, or the fact that Boise State is the best team he's faced the entire year, but I would probably be repremaned forthat. And just for some comparison:

vs. Ole Miss- 27 carries, 166 yds 2 TDs, long run of 13 (D-Mac 22 carries, 110 yds 0 TDs long of 30 )
vs. Auburn- 19 carries, 67 yds 1 TD, long of 12 (D-Mac 17 carries, 43 yds 0 TDs long of 13)
vs. Tennessee-18 carries, 61 yds 2 TDs, long of 18 (D-Mac 22 carries, 122 yds 0 TDs long of 20)
vs. LSU-16 carries, 67 yds 1 TD, long of 21 (D-Mac 32 carries, 206 yds 3 TDs long of 73)
vs. South Carolina-26 carries, 120 yds 5 TDs, long of 17 (D-Mac 34 carries, 321 yds, 1 TD long of 80)

So really you have to ask yourself which would you rather have 106 carries 481 yds and 11 TDs or 127 carries 792 ys and 4 TDs. The better question is it moreimportant to you and your team, your rushing average or getting the ball in the endzone?

Umm....Stop hating on this $+@@@+* Gayterd....He's a beast and he's probabaly better than Your QB....Unless you are Kentucky, BC, or Louisville,etc....

I hate this guy with all my seminole passion....But he's a talent and If he played for my team I prolly would have a Teabag avatar and would have gottenbanned because all y'all want to hate...

The only two people who should have been in consideration were the to people who were in the top two of the voting...Run-DMC and Teabag....

And for the record....I HATE Urban Meyer....

So after last year and listening to a bunch of bandwagon Gator fans (around me not on here) I hate Florida. But to think Tim Tebow should not have won it iscrazy. He did something noone else has ever done in the toughest conference in college football. Thats impressive. That is what a heisman winner should do.

And I dont get the Brennan hype either. McFadden should have been invited and I also think Michael Crabtree should have been invited. He was killing this year.

tebow.533.jpg
I'll take what they think over what you thinkanyday, but maybe thats just me

Originally Posted by cbpresent

Tebow exemplifies a Heisman Trophy Winner, ala the right kind-of-guy. The award stands for class and dignity, just as much as talent and statistics. Brennan undefeated season and trio of come-from-behind victories must stand for something and we shouldn't talk about wins and losses when the Razorbacks lost four games this season.

so brennan turning down wac offensive player of the year to honor his offensive unit and have the whole offense win an award isnt a team kinda thing?

should have been brennan...

Really? You think brennan could have put up those numbers anywhere else besides the WAC? His numbers are mind boggling but cmon way more inflated than teebow...

McFadden may have been snubbed but Heisman canidates are supposed to run well against Troy, North Texas, Chattanooga, FI. 0 TD appearances against Tennessee, Mississppi St, Auburn and Mississippi? He put up the numbers but solid consistancy might have plagued him

Back
Top Bottom