Honestly: How is Tim Tebow Rushing TD's Impressive????

I mean he does he 22 rushing TD's which is great, but they are all for like 2 or 3 yards. Thats just shows the lack of a teams running game. Where isthe RB's???? It would be different if he was busting off 50-60 yard runs then, I would say he is a great runner, but he doesn't do that.

Dude has basically 200 carries this year and his longest run is 25yards???
tired.gif

Tim Tebow 22 rushing TD'S
Florida Team RB's have a total of 6 rushing TD's

90% of Quarterbacks could get the little 2-3 yard falling over TD's that he gets!
ohwell.gif

This seriously reminds me of the situation from the movie varsity blues where the coach would try to pad the QB's stats in the red zone!

And I'm not hating....

Inflated to say the least!

Its sad to say play calling determined the heisman more than player ability!

With his stats it would of been too hard to deny him of the heisman, but just what he did rushing wasn't really impressive!!!!

How do you have 197 carries and your longest rush is 25yards??? That is def. wack!

You guys do realize that it's the most rushing touchdowns in a single season in SEC history? One, two yards or not, if it wasn't impressive, it wouldhave been done before.

I don't think anyone made the case to win the Heisman over Tebow. Kevin Smith has a better case than Colt Brennan. At least he didn't throw 5 picksagainst Idaho.

One, two yards or not, if it wasn't impressive, it would have been done before.
I guess, but the reason it hasn't been done before is because the primitive thing to do is to run the ball with your running back; there areother quarterbacks who could do what he has done if it was gameplanned for them that way.

Dennis Dixon was a better passer, and runner than Tebow! He could easily do what Tebow does but better!

I mean he does he 22 rushing TD's which is great, but they are all for like 2 or 3 yards.
how many times do y'all have to be corrected before it sinks in?
laugh.gif

he had 22 rushing TD's. 12 of them were inside 5 yards, not "all of them were like 2 or 3 yards." that leaves 10 out of the 22 (basically 50%)that were longer than 5 yards.
so if you use that same logic, then i guess if a QB completes 10 out of 22 passes, then in reality, he completed them all because roughly 50%=all, right?
laugh.gif

he had rushes over 12 yards in every game except one. the length of his runs is a tired argument, and not even true at that.
like i said in plenty of other posts, i guess his top 3 passing efficiency rating in the country is "padded" as well, right?

get over it...

90% of Quarterbacks could get the little 2-3 yard falling over TD's that he gets!

Oh shut up.

Falling over TD's? The only people that are falling over are the defenders.

And you think by adding that disclaimer you're not hating? Yes you are.

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

ohwell.gif

This seriously reminds me of the situation from the movie varsity blues where the coach would try to pad the QB's stats in the red zone!

And I'm not hating....

1. no they couldn't

2. good to see you reference a bad teen football movie in your argument

3. yes you are

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

Its sad to say play calling determined the heisman more than player ability!
here's something you fundamentally DON'T understand: in football, playcalling ALWAYS anticipates being successful, it's EXECUTION thatactually gets it for you. Everytime a pass play is called, it's drawn up to get big yards, everytime a run play is called, it's designed to get bigyards, if playcalling was all that mattered, every offensive play would be a touchdown and every defensive play would shut down the O. You can draw up theplay, but the kids still have to make it work

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

One, two yards or not, if it wasn't impressive, it would have been done before.
I guess, but the reason it hasn't been done before is because the primitive thing to do is to run the ball with your running back; there are other quarterbacks who could do what he has done if it was gameplanned for them that way.

Most ever.
That includes running backs and whatever you want to use as an argument against it, because no matter what it won't make sense. You guysare being very ridiculous.

also Tebow has the right image for the Heisman... thats why i knew it was obvious they would give it to him

Mcfadden is the best player in the nation, but just listening to him talk dude is country as HELL, you know they dont want to give him the Heisman over Tebow the pefect, fine young christian boy

Mcfadden would have needed 2000+ yards and 20 TDs to overcome the American hype machine for Tebow
Oh, so it was a conspiracy?
tired.gif

Most ever.
That includes running backs and whatever you want to use as an argument against it, because no matter what it won't make sense. You guys are being very ridiculous.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I honestly didn't know it was most ever; I just assumed it was most for a quarterback.

Either way, I still maintain that there are others that could do it -- what he's done isn't catastrophically mind-blowing.

Originally Posted by iantheshark

also Tebow has the right image for the Heisman... thats why i knew it was obvious they would give it to him

Mcfadden is the best player in the nation, but just listening to him talk dude is country as HELL, you know they dont want to give him the Heisman over Tebow the pefect, fine young christian boy

Mcfadden would have needed 2000+ yards and 20 TDs to overcome the American hype machine for Tebow
Oh, so it was a conspiracy?
tired.gif

yea it was conspiracy

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

This man right here speaks the truth...It's not so much a racist thing as much as an image thing.Tebow is the kind of player the Heisman trophy was created for.

Not that you guy's would care, but 2007 was the first season I was granted a vote in the Heisman Trophy process. Through my sport writer's positionhere in North Carolina, I was granted one of the 850 spots to vote across the US.

My ballot went like this:

Tebow
Brennan
McFadden

Tebow exemplifies a Heisman Trophy Winner, ala the right kind-of-guy. The award stands for class and dignity, just as much as talent and statistics. Brennanundefeated season and trio of come-from-behind victories must stand for something and we shouldn't talk about wins and losses when the Razorbacks lost fourgames this season.

Pardon the typo, Tebow was first in my ballot over Brennan.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by cbpresent

Not that you guy's would care, but 2007 was the first season I was granted a vote in the Heisman Trophy process. Through my sport writer's position here in North Carolina, I was granted one of the 850 spots to vote across the US.

My ballot went like this:

Brennan
Tebow
McFadden

Tebow exemplifies a Heisman Trophy Winner, ala the right kind-of-guy. The award stands for class and dignity, just as much as talent and statistics. Brennan undefeated season and trio of come-from-behind victories must stand for something and we shouldn't talk about wins and losses when the Razorbacks lost four games this season.
Sorry but you should never be allowed to vote for another heisman again in your life.

Seriously. If anyone can give me a legitimate reason that Brennan should have won the Heisman this year that isn't absolutely ******ed, they will win myrespect. The Brennan Heisman hype is such a damn farce, and it amazes me that people are buying in to it.

Tebow is good. Will he be a great NFL quarterback, no IMO. Brad Smith, Troy Smith, Antwaan Randle El, etc these guys were rushing QB's and they don'teven play QB in the NFL. I could be wrong, but I see a similar path for Tebow

Back
Top Bottom