Honest question....why are you young, healthy and fat?

theres a thread like this once a month

the people that say fat people disgust them are just as bad as racist

how can u judge someone based off of their weight

i know just as many good fat people as i do good skinny people

do they have the picture perfect body? no, but i learned a long time ago not to judge a book by its cover

do they have the picture perfect body? no, but i learned a long time ago not to judge a book by its cover

Originally Posted by FedExciter

first impressions? If I see a guy walking up the stairs and trying to catch his breath I'm gonna think he's out of shape. When would that ever be acceptable anywhere except for in Wall-E? I'm sure he'd be the best of friends but first impressions, no.

first impressions? If I see a guy walking up the stairs and trying to catch his breath I'm gonna think he's out of shape. When would that ever be acceptable anywhere except for in Wall-E? I'm sure he'd be the best of friends but first impressions, no.

I agree.  but that's not the point of this thread

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

What if a dude grabbed your girls butt and started a fight? 
I'm 220 lbs..if you grabbed my girls butt, i'm slammin' your 150 lb @*! into a car
laugh.gif
What about the dude that's 190lb and in great shape?  Weight doesn't always equal strength. 
See, now that's apples to oranges my dude. Skinny and frail vs fat? 9 times out of 10, that fat dude will win
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

sheeit, i wish i could gain weight.  i'm probably 135 right now.

it's all good though.  better than being overweight.
 Same,  but it is easier to get toned
hard gainer = under eater

words of truth bro

Ive recently started lifting again. I read Starting Strength after someone posted it on here and now Im following All Pros beginner routine on BB. I ever really understood how you were supposed to go about lifting, but these two together as well as a lot of other reading have got me to see the whole science behind it. Im a few weeks in and loving it, I ran 5 miles today in 40 minutes after not having run for over 6 months, Im feeling great and somehow even more alpha than usual
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

sheeit, i wish i could gain weight.  i'm probably 135 right now.

it's all good though.  better than being overweight.
 Same,  but it is easier to get toned
hard gainer = under eater

words of truth bro

Ive recently started lifting again. I read Starting Strength after someone posted it on here and now Im following All Pros beginner routine on BB. I ever really understood how you were supposed to go about lifting, but these two together as well as a lot of other reading have got me to see the whole science behind it. Im a few weeks in and loving it, I ran 5 miles today in 40 minutes after not having run for over 6 months, Im feeling great and somehow even more alpha than usual
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

What if a dude grabbed your girls butt and started a fight? 
I'm 220 lbs..if you grabbed my girls butt, i'm slammin' your 150 lb @*! into a car
laugh.gif
What about the dude that's 190lb and in great shape?  Weight doesn't always equal strength. 
See, now that's apples to oranges my dude. Skinny and frail vs fat? 9 times out of 10, that fat dude will win
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

If you were hanging from a cliff, you'd probably die anyways since there is really nothing to grip on that closely mimics a pullup bar, not to mention being able to do a pullup =/= pulling up your entire body higher than your head, which is what you would need to do in your unlikely hypothetical.

LMAO.
If it was me and you hanging off the cliff next to each other...I guarantee you that I'd pull myself up.  

Yeah what irks me is kids in MS/HS that let themselves go and have the same build as middle aged men/women... I don't see how they do it...
tired.gif

Yeah what irks me is kids in MS/HS that let themselves go and have the same build as middle aged men/women... I don't see how they do it...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

If you were hanging from a cliff, you'd probably die anyways since there is really nothing to grip on that closely mimics a pullup bar, not to mention being able to do a pullup =/= pulling up your entire body higher than your head, which is what you would need to do in your unlikely hypothetical.

LMAO.
If it was me and you hanging off the cliff next to each other...I guarantee you that I'd pull myself up.  

WHy do you care?

It's like asking, "why don't you know calculus" or " why don't you know how to speak multiple languages?". You're young and fully capable right?

WHy do you care?

It's like asking, "why don't you know calculus" or " why don't you know how to speak multiple languages?". You're young and fully capable right?

much appreciated Truth.

I see a thread like this pop up every month on NT. I usually reply the same. I'm fat cause I hate repetitive exercise and cause I'm lazy (not an excuse, just a self observation). I've been telling myself for months now that I was gonna sign up for brazilian jiu jitsu classes at the local gym, but have not gotten around to it. Not sure why, but this post today has convinced me to do so.

much appreciated Truth.

I see a thread like this pop up every month on NT. I usually reply the same. I'm fat cause I hate repetitive exercise and cause I'm lazy (not an excuse, just a self observation). I've been telling myself for months now that I was gonna sign up for brazilian jiu jitsu classes at the local gym, but have not gotten around to it. Not sure why, but this post today has convinced me to do so.

i feel where you coming from

but on the same hand, i never understand people who smoke cigs, or people who drink all the time

what about young men who can tell you what jordans drop in december but cant tell you the last time they had a checkup

theres a lot of bad things you can do to your body, and we think we are ok because we are in shape, it doesn't work like that

i feel where you coming from

but on the same hand, i never understand people who smoke cigs, or people who drink all the time

what about young men who can tell you what jordans drop in december but cant tell you the last time they had a checkup

theres a lot of bad things you can do to your body, and we think we are ok because we are in shape, it doesn't work like that

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

my psychology teacher a few years ago did a study on this and the results he got were that because people don't see instant results they lose motivation and frankly just quit caring
It probably has a lot to do with the pace of this generation and the exposure to vast amounts of  information in almost an instantaneous manner. I'll be honest, I feel like I used to be a much more patient person before having Cable/DSL than after I had it. With that said, the ease of attaining things has made those which are more difficult (i.e. athletic prowess, a 6-pack, etc) much less desirable due to the amount of time required. Not to mention, lots of young people are doing more things white-collar related now than before. Between studying, internships, jobs...I can see why some people don't workout. I have all these things going on, but ultimately I see the value in having my health, but I don't think a lot of people do. They just think of the results and when they don't see change after a few days (ridiculous! I know...) they up and quit.

Nonetheless, it shouldn't give any excuse for threads like this to pop up every now and then. This has been discussed on several occasions and I'm pretty sure nobody's opinion on either spectrum of the arguments has changed their mind. Just live your life and do you, avoid fat people if your heart desires. Whatever.

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

my psychology teacher a few years ago did a study on this and the results he got were that because people don't see instant results they lose motivation and frankly just quit caring
It probably has a lot to do with the pace of this generation and the exposure to vast amounts of  information in almost an instantaneous manner. I'll be honest, I feel like I used to be a much more patient person before having Cable/DSL than after I had it. With that said, the ease of attaining things has made those which are more difficult (i.e. athletic prowess, a 6-pack, etc) much less desirable due to the amount of time required. Not to mention, lots of young people are doing more things white-collar related now than before. Between studying, internships, jobs...I can see why some people don't workout. I have all these things going on, but ultimately I see the value in having my health, but I don't think a lot of people do. They just think of the results and when they don't see change after a few days (ridiculous! I know...) they up and quit.

Nonetheless, it shouldn't give any excuse for threads like this to pop up every now and then. This has been discussed on several occasions and I'm pretty sure nobody's opinion on either spectrum of the arguments has changed their mind. Just live your life and do you, avoid fat people if your heart desires. Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom