Homeowner/Contractor fight over money found in home

On the point 'if it weren't for him, the money would never have been found,' I agree... to a very small extent.

If it wasn't for a construction worker (or someone else getting in there and tearing stuff up), the money would never have been found.

I think she should have been more thankful that the right person discovered her fortune (and I do call it her fortune). It could have very easily been adifferent contractor that never called her, and we never hear about it.

We just hear about some construction worker that was working on his OWN project house, and found this fortune in THOSE walls.
wink.gif

I'd have offered him no less than 25%, a quarter of my fortune. Call it 10% finder's fee + 15% for being honest and not keeping it all behind my back,never telling me.

And I know people are going to think, "Wait, you're rewarding him just for being honest? People SHOULD be honest. They shouldn't be rewarded forsomething they're SUPPOSED to do." But we don't live in a world that 'should be this way' or 'should be that way.' In the world weDO live in, especially the country we live in, honesty is a rare find. So... yes, Id reward him for doing something he SHOULD do.

Oh...
him > me
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom