Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Srs question

Do you look down on mans in some way?

Idk why but the way you said “his little music” gave me the vibes

He was playing jazz and some other art music, which i am fond of. I didn't mean it in that way.

He is definitely not what I expected of a carpenter. He looked more like a mid 60s liberal arts college professor. So different from the other guys who have worked on my basement.

A mechanic at my job has a masters in journalism and was a journalist. Like a good one not some qanon one.

Being a mechanic just pays more. Some people will surprise you.

A mechanic at my job has a masters in journalism and was a journalist. Like a good one not some qanon one.

Being a mechanic just pays more. Some people will surprise you.

The range of salaries in trade jobs is too wide for certain ones. I know for a fact carpenters make a great living. Especially someone like this guy who works alone.

He had that old man strength. I wanted to help him carry some of the doors and stuff downstairs and he said I'm good. They could've at least sent him some help for that part. This job probably keeps him fit as hell. :pimp:

Finished the trims today. This carpenter is a beast. Did all of this by himself in 3 days. When I asked him why he doesn't get help, he said I like working alone. Me too fam, respect.

20220630_151455.jpg

20220630_151449.jpg

20220630_151443.jpg
real wood no mdf?? respect :smokin

One time this guy was installing carpet at my parents and we had to move the fridge, I tried to help but I couldn’t even get it off the ground and he did that **** no problem, I was shocked :lol:

my original handyman was a retired army vet... he did good work but he would come in late hours and I didn't mind but my neighbors did and I live in a condo so of course they would be pissed lol... also every time I used him his prices just got higher so had to cut him quick

One time this guy was installing carpet at my parents and we had to move the fridge, I tried to help but I couldn’t even get it off the ground and he did that **** no problem, I was shocked :lol:

One of my best friends from college dad was a delivery man in his late 50s. He broke his back eventually but dude was strong as hell. He was helping us move and a bunch of 18 year Olds were struggling and my man was lifting boxes up flights of stairs easily.

I hit the gym hard later that day.

Definitely that real world strength hits differently. They got all those small rarely used muscles in peak shape and the endurance. I’m getting 4 dollys for a small 1 bedroom apartment move lol.

thinking long and hard for years and just had a talk with a close family friend yesterday. given the present situation and needs that we have, I getting close to relocating up north or go East Coast. loved the West Coast but the bills, costs and salary are just crazy as hell. going elsewhere could solve all that including having a way way bigger space to live in for 1/3 of the cost of what we can buy here. not sure what's going on with the housing market here but it is crazy as hell. it's difficult moving away but we have needs and we have to be practical about it nowadays.

I just put an offer on two houses in so cal. RIP

Feels so cheap compared to nor cal. Monthly costs gonna triple.

Got married a couple weeks back. I promised my wife I wouldn't bug her about cribs til August (even though I check the market daily out of habit).

I can't wait to put in an offer on something really nice.

Still.hating the interest hikes but hopefully it makes the bidding process less stressful. I still don't see me giving someone 20k over asking but we will see.

Same story here in La area

Alerts on Redfin for 1 and 2 bedrooms constantly saying “price drop” which was unheard of before two months ago

Usually my alerts would be filled with “contingent”, “pending”, “sold” or “price increase” lol

Rates really did make an immediate impact

Same story here in La area

Alerts on Redfin for 1 and 2 bedrooms constantly saying “price drop” which was unheard of before two months ago

Usually my alerts would be filled with “contingent”, “pending”, “sold” or “price increase” lol

Rates really did make an immediate impact
A 500k mortgage loan at 2.8% is about 2k a month vs 5.6% at about 2.8k a month.

Yeoo tha GTA (greater Toronto area) is getting demolished. Properties that were 1.7M 6 months ago are now 900k. Toronto I think I had the most expensive and prolly highest appreciating housing market in NA for the past couple of years. Rates crushed that shh.

It’s absolutely over for all the people that are coming up on renewal.

thinking long and hard for years and just had a talk with a close family friend yesterday. given the present situation and needs that we have, I getting close to relocating up north or go East Coast. loved the West Coast but the bills, costs and salary are just crazy as hell. going elsewhere could solve all that including having a way way bigger space to live in for 1/3 of the cost of what we can buy here. not sure what's going on with the housing market here but it is crazy as hell. it's difficult moving away but we have needs and we have to be practical about it nowadays.
Where are you looking?
A 500k mortgage loan at 2.8% is about 2k a month vs 5.6% at about 2.8k a month.
What kinda math is that?! Unless you’re putting a huge amount down. My interest rate is lower, loan is lesser and I still pay well over 2k and no pmi.

Back
Top Bottom