Hiring people on craigslist to do work (vol. I'm screwed) **Update pg 5 PICS**

Originally Posted by kicksgetmehigh

BTW, dude just left and I wanted to fight him until one of us were on the way to the hospital but cooler heads prevail.

Him: I got a bad feeling about this job

Me: *looks at %+@#*! up lawn* Yea, I see that

Him: So here's how it's gonna go down, you either pay me and let me finish the job, or I'll take my equipment and go home

Me: You've got 5 minutes to leave

Glad my neighbors were willing to have my back... I thought they were gonna report me.
laugh.gif
What an +!@

You wanted those bushes gone in front of the window so that you could dig up that flowerbed for other items?

What kind of rocks are we talking about here? Shovel, pick, day laborers and they would get the job done. A bobcat seems outrageous. He brought a machine gun to a knife fight.

I don't believe any type of professional landscaper would approve of using a bobcat given the grass and the scale of the job..

You wanted those bushes gone in front of the window so that you could dig up that flowerbed for other items?

What kind of rocks are we talking about here? Shovel, pick, day laborers and they would get the job done. A bobcat seems outrageous. He brought a machine gun to a knife fight.

I don't believe any type of professional landscaper would approve of using a bobcat given the grass and the scale of the job..

geeez, nevermind, id be irate too lol

but for your neighbors to not look at you? dats petty

geeez, nevermind, id be irate too lol

but for your neighbors to not look at you? dats petty

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

The rocks were similar to sedimentary rocks and other rocks the size of a grown man's hand. I already removed the bushes (which had no chance of surviving due to the poor soil that I wanted to be dug up). In fact, the plants that I removed didn't even root in the ground yet (meaning, the shape of the root looked like they just came out of the bucket)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

The rocks were similar to sedimentary rocks and other rocks the size of a grown man's hand. I already removed the bushes (which had no chance of surviving due to the poor soil that I wanted to be dug up). In fact, the plants that I removed didn't even root in the ground yet (meaning, the shape of the root looked like they just came out of the bucket)

sick.gif

Him: So here's how it's gonna go down, you either pay me and let me finish the job, or I'll take my equipment and go home

im not about that life but dude would of left in the !%@#!+% ambulance for that #*!$
30t6p3b.gif

!%@#!+% *$$!

sick.gif

im not about that life but dude would of left in the !%@#!+% ambulance for that #*!$
30t6p3b.gif

!%@#!+% *$$!

COT DAMN!
eek.gif

That dude must've been high out of his mind!
laugh.gif

Real +!*# though, he would have some problems unless he paid me for the damage.

COT DAMN!
eek.gif

That dude must've been high out of his mind!
laugh.gif

Real +!*# though, he would have some problems unless he paid me for the damage.

OP let me ask a few questions as I know a good amount about landscaping.

First and foremost by your original post and "before" pictures, you stated that you edged the flower bed. When you say edged, do you mean you dug the edge out, and were wanting the access dirt from the edge to be moved from the bed?

If I'm wrong please correct me. Because from the looks of your front yard, the bed you had looked decent, except for that +*%! in the bed, what exactly is that? Looks like straw or hay, does not look anything like mulch or sweet peet which is obviously common for a flower bed. If you just wanted the excess dirt from the edge gone, then I'm not sure why he brought in a bobcat.

That fact is, a bobcat should never have been on your lawn, at all. Your lawn is to small for a machine that size, especially after rain. Those machines are extremely heavy and really aren't made for beds, unless your talking creating a bed, which you already had if I'm not mistake. Those machines are more for regrading a lawn, planting trees/shrubs, or moving materials. It looks to me like the guy brought his machine because he thought he could get the job done extremely quick, making the $500 he quoted you in less than few hours, a pretty good days work if you ask me.

You obviously know this already, but did he inform you that he would be using a bobcat? When you use a bobcat on a quarter or half acre lawn,  it only "rips" up a portion of your lawn, which can easily be fixed with a couple yards of fill/topsoil and some seed. On a lawn your size, with flowerbeds your size a simple shovel and wheel barral would have been fine.

If the guy had any experience he would have known not to use a machine that size on a lawn your size. The only thing I can thing of right now is get the guy to redo the whole thing for $500. It's simple as that. With a machine that size its not like he would be doing back breaking labor to fix your lawn. Get 5-10 yards of topsoil and a bag a seed, have the soil delivered and have him grade it out. It will take a few hours at most.

You do have sod and I don't know where you live, but sod is espensive and much more tedious to lay out and cut. If you truly want the sod, you'll be paying for it and he most likely won't do it cause he can't use the machine, it needs to be done by hand.

OP let me ask a few questions as I know a good amount about landscaping.

First and foremost by your original post and "before" pictures, you stated that you edged the flower bed. When you say edged, do you mean you dug the edge out, and were wanting the access dirt from the edge to be moved from the bed?

If I'm wrong please correct me. Because from the looks of your front yard, the bed you had looked decent, except for that +*%! in the bed, what exactly is that? Looks like straw or hay, does not look anything like mulch or sweet peet which is obviously common for a flower bed. If you just wanted the excess dirt from the edge gone, then I'm not sure why he brought in a bobcat.

That fact is, a bobcat should never have been on your lawn, at all. Your lawn is to small for a machine that size, especially after rain. Those machines are extremely heavy and really aren't made for beds, unless your talking creating a bed, which you already had if I'm not mistake. Those machines are more for regrading a lawn, planting trees/shrubs, or moving materials. It looks to me like the guy brought his machine because he thought he could get the job done extremely quick, making the $500 he quoted you in less than few hours, a pretty good days work if you ask me.

You obviously know this already, but did he inform you that he would be using a bobcat? When you use a bobcat on a quarter or half acre lawn,  it only "rips" up a portion of your lawn, which can easily be fixed with a couple yards of fill/topsoil and some seed. On a lawn your size, with flowerbeds your size a simple shovel and wheel barral would have been fine.

If the guy had any experience he would have known not to use a machine that size on a lawn your size. The only thing I can thing of right now is get the guy to redo the whole thing for $500. It's simple as that. With a machine that size its not like he would be doing back breaking labor to fix your lawn. Get 5-10 yards of topsoil and a bag a seed, have the soil delivered and have him grade it out. It will take a few hours at most.

You do have sod and I don't know where you live, but sod is espensive and much more tedious to lay out and cut. If you truly want the sod, you'll be paying for it and he most likely won't do it cause he can't use the machine, it needs to be done by hand.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Sell that dudes bobcat so you can fix your lawn.

pimp.gif

I seriously thought about this

There not cheap. I'll give you a 2 gs for it and re-do your whole lawn no charge.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Sell that dudes bobcat so you can fix your lawn.

pimp.gif

I seriously thought about this

There not cheap. I'll give you a 2 gs for it and re-do your whole lawn no charge.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom