hip hop elitists?

what with everyone worrying about where rappers are signed to and how much they sell? ever since drake and so far gone it seems like if u name dont start withD and end in E u either a) are irrelevant or b) need to switch ur style up like his

this idea is an offshoot from the Los posts where ppl are saying he's just punchline or he needs og beats etc.

what happened to letting artists just do them and not taking the music as serious business?
grin.gif

^^^ thats cool and all but i feel like too much music nowadays comes down to the hook and the beat vs the verse

i dont see why, especially for mixtapes, u have to make a grand opus each time out, save all that for the album
nerd.gif

I agree wit Time on this...
Los seems like a a rapper that would have been popular in 2001 or 02 (or pre 50 mixtape era)...
But now we really need to hear if these dudes can make a song...we don't want another Papoose..

Theres a difference between a rapper and a rap artist. Alot of these dudes like Serious, Mook, maybe Los, etc are rappers. Your Kanye, Jay, TI, Jeezy are rapartists. Rappers make raps rap artist makes music.

I like both I like seeing battles and dudes like Slaughterhouse just goin ham for 15 minutes but what songs do they have that appeal to the masses. Its fine todo you we need that balance we need Buddens and we need Kanye.

well, I dont like kiddy raps or just plain dumb penmanship....

If you say stupid stuff but flow well (ie Ghostface) then its ok...
but if you say stupid stuff and have a stupid flow (ie Lil Wayne)...then $#*#!...

I'm an elitist....when it comes to good emcee'in....
not just some kid who plays recycled beats and starts talkin.....

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

Fam Are you really sayin that Wayne Doesn't have a good flow?
yea man! feel free to disagree...
I just find nothing good about the "Way" Wayne flows, raps, especially plays guitar (which you can't really call playing),....
feel free to explain to me how his flow is good though, I'm all ears.

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Originally Posted by DFABIX

I just find nothing good about the "Way" Wayne flows, raps, especially plays guitar (which you can't really call playing),....

Have you ever heard BM.jr? The heater? Money on my mind? Or his squad up mixtapes? Even 500 degreez.. Weezys flow is rediculous.... He's just gotten too lazy wordplay wise in recent years imo
Can't say that' I've listened to much Wayne, I dont like his voice, his flow, his content, his music....
call me a hater.
But I definitely won't listen to no Wayne mixtape.....
I could barely stand him on the hook on one of Jigga's songs....LOL
happy.gif

Have you ever heard BM.jr? The heater? Money on my mind? Or his squad up mixtapes? Even 500 degreez.. Weezys flow is rediculous.... He's just gotten too lazy wordplay wise in recent years imo
Can't say that' I've listened to much Wayne, I dont like his voice, his flow, his content, his music....
call me a hater.
But I definitely won't listen to no Wayne mixtape.....
I could barely stand him on the hook on one of Jigga's songs....LOL
happy.gif

You need to get your head out of your !## son

And that's why I don't respect you "Elitist" types opinion....

smh.gif
first of all, nobody asked you for your respect....
not sure, if I'd be honored to have it even if you did....
if you like Wayne, I just assume you have no musical inclinations in your body....
how's that for "elitist"?

as for my head being in my rear end....hey, if you wanna get personal about it and get defensive against me as if you're Wayne himself, shoot your loadsomewhere else musical genius....
or just go on hanging on Wayne's %!%#%%%...

Maybe I'm just an old fart who appreciates the beauty of an actual music composition...
not just some whiney guy who carries a guitar on his back only to play 3 note chords that aren't even tuned to the proper key.....

go on preachin about how Wayne saved hip hop and changed the game.....
it's nice to live in a bubble sometimes....hope mommy keeps ya there.
laugh.gif

Maybe I'm just an old fart who appreciates the beauty of an actual music composition...
not just some whiney guy who carries a guitar on his back only to play 3 note chords that aren't even tuned to the proper key.....

See now, nobody even said anything about that; all homey said was that Wayne is strong in the flow department.

I mean, you can disagree with his opinion all you want to, that's your right. But you can't tell me that you don't see where he's coming from.How is he supposed to take your opinion seriously when you admit yourself that you are not familiar with any of his work? Not only that, but your refusal toeven give it a fair chance makes your post/opinion come off as even more elitist/subjective.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

to me writing random ++% verses to other people's beats isnt really making music... thats just me... as an artist imo you get remembered for songs and/or bodies of work... u tellin me u dont like hooks?
laugh.gif

its cool to do freestyles... but damn... dont let that be ALL that your known for... thats makes u a punchline rapper imo... or mixtape rapper... neither of which i want to be...

theres a BIG difference being rapping and making music...

I hope you mean STRICTLY rappers spitting over established beats...because random verses over other people's beats is in fact rapping my friend. Not everyrapper can create a beat, and not every producer can craft a song. I agree that spitting freestyles over famous or popular beats does not make you someone whocan be a rapper.

All that said, i don't see what hip hop elitists has to do with what your saying in the og post. I think rap fans these days worry about sales and stuffbecasue rappers are actually talking about those things in their songs, so fans become more aware. If you think Drake is setting the trend for rappers to comefrom here on, I disagree. So Far Gone is great because its different, its ecclectic, it goes against alot of what mixtapes and mixtape DJs/rappers are doing,and fans happened to latch on to that. I don't blame them. You wanna be successful in hiphop...don't be like everyone else. Plain and simple.

Im a hip hop elitist btw

you mean some people can just rap and some people can make rap songs and albums? What is your definition of making music?

Originally Posted by WE GET LIVE

See now, nobody even said anything about that; all homey said was that Wayne is strong in the flow department.

I mean, you can disagree with his opinion all you want to, that's your right. But you can't tell me that you don't see where he's coming from. How is he supposed to take your opinion seriously when you admit yourself that you are not familiar with any of his work? Not only that, but your refusal to even give it a fair chance makes your post/opinion come off as even more elitist/subjective.
I will not say that I'm unfamiliar with his work....
but a whole mixtape? I can't fathom listening to Wayne talk that long...

I do see where he is coming from, I find no real fault in his childish reactions...
I just think him and I have different working definitions of what "flow" is.....
I don't think Wayne has a good "flow"....

I won't disagree that my biased attitude about Waynes portrayal as him being a musician comes into play and clouds my overall judgment....

but I just don't consider Wayne the type of "hip hop" I would like to listen to....
so does that make me an elitist? I guesso....

Also, my comments about him being the savior and all that $%@, that's my fault...
this is other conversations about Wayne that I automatically forced up HarmCity as if it was his comments....
so my apologies there....

For the sake of arguing my point, I'm going to take note of what HarmCity has asked me to listen to, I will go listen to them, once, twice and thrice forgood measure and return to see if I think Wayne has any part of what I consider "flow"....

And my point is proven

You a $+%*%!+ lame doggie...

Dude you are borderline ******ed

I could see if you actually him a chance, listened to his music and then Hate...

Then you would have exact reason to why you don't like him

You a $##!

You're a $+%*%!+ idiot

I feel sorry for you mother

Firstly, I have given him a chance and can clearly point out what I dont like about him...
1) Whiny ***$$$$ voice.....without a good voice, your flow is impaired
2) His cadence....let's see, is so slurred I can't seem to follow, which almost negates any cadence
3) His flow is repetitive...there is no variance to it...almost lulls me to sleep
sounds to me like he's struggling to breathe thru his sinus' the whole time...like a ******ed B Real

"this is my opinion, but in fact its really fact....."[emoji]169[/emoji] B.L.

any more names you'd like to throw my way?....I'm all ears.
indifferent.gif

flow has absolutely NOTHING to do with content....
and I'm done even trying to explain to childish idiots....whatever...
this he said this, so i threw this crap....
go on believing what you want...

I say Wayne has no flow. that's my fact. my truth...
everything you say is nothing but junk in my eyes and ears....

I tried to be partial, I went and took a listen, dl'ed that stuff....
didn't change my mind....
keep up with the insults child....its all good.

If you ride a beat, and you say the same dayum thing 30 times....that's not a flow...that's stuttering.

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

DFABIX I'm curious, who has a good rhyme flow?
Big Boi has a good flow...
Ghostface has a good flow....
Snoop has a good flow....
Kool G Rap has a good flow....

on a side note, I thought I was the one who was taking things out of context....
but dayum, homie is on some really good herb there...
I said without a good voice your flow is "impaired" not that one is exclusive and cannot exist without the other.
and there aint nothin humble about you son, you're just pompous.
as for moving along with the times...good music is timeless....so it endears the test of time...I highly doubt Wayne will be doing much rotating on stations inthe near future....duke sucks.

And my point is proven

You a $+%*%!+ lame doggie...

Dude you are borderline ******ed

I could see if you actually him a chance, listened to his music and then Hate...

Then you would have exact reason to why you don't like him

You a $##!

You're a $+%*%!+ idiot

I feel sorry for you mother

Firstly, I have given him a chance and can clearly point out what I dont like about him...
1) Whiny ***$$$$ voice.....without a good voice, your flow is impaired
2) His cadence....let's see, is so slurred I can't seem to follow, which almost negates any cadence
3) His flow is repetitive...there is no variance to it...almost lulls me to sleep
sounds to me like he's struggling to breathe thru his sinus' the whole time...like a ******ed B Real

"this is my opinion, but in fact its really fact....."[emoji]169[/emoji] B.L.

any more names you'd like to throw my way?....I'm all ears.
indifferent.gif

My dude is obviously just real ignorant. Son was probably introduced to Wayne circa CIII.

Back
Top Bottom