HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

When you say any brand can just fall off a cliff, I disagree.

Brands like Prada, LV, YSL will always be timeless and will continue to thrive throughout these different generations. No way to they get anywhere close to a cliff…atleast not anytime soon.

Brands like Rhude, Amiri, Palm angels, fall off a cliff because they thrive off trends. These type of brands have a shelf life.

All of those brands started off somewhere too. They just have history that these new brands don’t have yet. Amiri actually has made it, I don’t see them fading even if it’s not stuff we care for. They have store fronts all over the world now. Rhugi is doing great things. I think his Bally collection will do great too.

When you say any brand can just fall off a cliff, I disagree.

Brands like Prada, LV, YSL will always be timeless and will continue to thrive throughout these different generations. No way they get anywhere close to a cliff…atleast not anytime soon.

Brands like Rhude, Amiri, Palm angels, fall off a cliff because they thrive off trends. These type of brands have a shelf life.

Some brands can fall off a cliff (lux streetwear brands you mentioned) a fashion house can fall off also, maybe not off a cliff but it popularity can vary. LV mens RTW wasnt hot at all before Virgil came. They had some collection, but generally speaking it was mostly forgettable.

Some brands can fall off a cliff (lux streetwear brands you mentioned) a fashion house can fall off also, maybe not off a cliff but it popularity can vary. LV mens RTW wasnt hot at all before Virgil came. They had some collection, but generally speaking it was mostly forgettable.
Sir, Kim Jones did a great job at LV. He revitalized Men's RTW at LV. He set the tone.

Rhuigi will figure it out, I know i'm being optimistic but it almost feels like one of us made it so I want him to succeed and keep opening doors for black/brown/yellow. Amiri will amiri but you gotta give him his flowers too he does what plein does albeit more tastefully LOL

rhude aight I like some of there stuff.. I think they will be here a min.. now all the stuff will be gone.. even though scammers and **** like that messed up AMIRI.. he mad enough off them to open up store fronts around the world, so he good for some years to come now.

Rhuigi will figure it out, I know i'm being optimistic but it almost feels like one of us made it so I want him to succeed and keep opening doors for black/brown/yellow. Amiri will amiri but you gotta give him his flowers too he does what plein does albeit more tastefully LOL

Rhude right now is good, they can keep doing the same asthetic and itll go, theyre very popular. He’ll adapt, hes doing fairly decent at Bally too. The St. Moritz stuff was dope even though the actual fashion show stuff was kinda weak.

Disagree. He brought the Supreme collab no? Even then his stuff was ok. Virgil really brought the juice.
Supreme, fragment and other things he did on his own. The demand for all that stuff ushered in the Virgil era. Without Kim, virgil doesn't happen at LV. I think you're underestimating the impact of Supreme x LV alone and how the industry shifted and started embracing streetwear.

Last pair of these…

1F644B9C-0B4C-43AD-B2C4-0504268B6E6D.jpeg

Supreme, fragment and other things he did on his own. The demand for all that stuff ushered in the Virgil era. Without Kim, virgil doesn't happen at LV. I think you're underestimating the impact of Supreme x LV alone and how the industry shifted and started embracing streetwear.

I dont even remember anything Kim did for LV besides Supreme. All the other RTW was forgettable, no one was really rocking it.

Without OW, Virgil woudnt of happened at LV. OW had the world in a chokehold back in 17-18.

I dont even remember anything Kim did for LV besides Supreme. All the other RTW was forgettable, no one was really rocking it.

Without OW, Virgil woudnt of happened at LV. OW had the world in a chokehold back in 17-18.
You’re bugging but doesn’t matter now. I’ve been rocking with Virgil since the superfun days and miss him. The kidsuper stuff is starting to grow on me and I’m really not trying to spend money 🤣

I be kinda wit u til u say some wild mess like OW having the world in a choke hold :lol:

WUT

Anyway, I have a few RTW pieces from the Kim Jones era. Ain’t touchin Virgil era LV, but nowhere near trash either.
Most definitely wasn’t trash, the fragment collab was big fire, I have the bucket bag, tee and cardigan. I met Hiroshi a few years back and he signed the bag for me. LV started embracing the black/grey monogram print after the fragment collab.

Attachments

• F93F8C46-5CE9-4EDE-921E-B6EC437320C9.jpeg
    F93F8C46-5CE9-4EDE-921E-B6EC437320C9.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 222
I be kinda wit u til u say some wild mess like OW having the world in a choke hold :lol:

WUT

Anyway, I have a few RTW pieces from the Kim Jones era. Ain’t touchin Virgil era LV, but nowhere near trash either.

What? 17-18 OW was THE brand. Not to mention The Ten. :lol: The only other brand that was competing popularity wise was Balenciaga.

OW was EVERYWHERE, that aint even subjective.

Not on they own dawg.

You talking about collabs.

OW never been heavy alone, and still aren’t, although it’s a respectable brand.

Not on they own dawg.

I miss da days of da Caravaggio jawnz. Everybody looking like they had museum merch

Big art history vibes.

I think I still have that construction industrial belt somewhere 🤣🤣🤣

Kim Jones did a great job at LV.

Just because he didn't sew a bunch of teddy bears to a coat or make a varsity jacket that looks like something a Nascar team sponsored by Tide would wear doesn't mean his stuff was trash (or even forgettable).
Hahaha

Kim Jones did a great job at LV.

Just because he didn't sew a bunch of teddy bears to a coat or make a varsity jacket that looks like something a Nascar team sponsored by Tide would wear doesn't mean his stuff was trash (or even forgettable).

No one was wearing LV RTW really, no one was really even checking for it. Every brand has their fans, LV had theirs sure but it wasnt “hot”.

And you acting like the teddy jacket is what cemented Virgils tenure at LV. Just disregard everything else right? Whatever fits your point. :lol:

Not on they own dawg.

Idk where you stay at but NYC everyone and their momma had OW, everything was trying to get OW. Same for LA, London, Paris. Joints was EVERYWHERE. All you see were X’s on the back and stripes on the arm. Honestly I aint tryna one up you or nothing but this aint even subjective bruh, OW was heavy. Then it slowed down heavy, even before Virgil passed. It still has its fans, its still like you said respectable. Collabs count, why woudnt they? Even then, the main label was super heavy. I mean how else did Virgil get LV? No OW = no Virgil at LV.

On another note, Rhude x Zara, well Rhu as a sub brand is what they call it is looking pretty alright. That vest and puffer has heavy ERL vibes. Might scoop those up and that bagy denim.

3E222A58-AE0A-419F-BC47-726CC7BBB51F.jpeg

E43AECE6-F391-4796-A5BF-CF8D9CDAB69F.jpeg

OW was indeed heavy amongst certain crowds such as “Stylists”, Hypebeast/Streetwear Sheep, and International folks. It definitely became an Instagram favorite :lol:

It was also heavily counterfeited but became a very respectable brand with the ability to stand on it’s own.

Last edited:
OW was indeed heavy amongst certain crowds such as “Stylists”, Hypebeast/Streetwear Sheep, and International folks.

It was also heavily counterfeited but remained an instagram favorite.

Def more streetwear oriented but thats whats been hot since (streetwear in general). High end lux crowd was also heavy into it though. Asians were on it heavy but they heavy into everything. :lol: Them folk stay dripped out.

Back
Top Bottom