HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOE/CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES/WAYW THREAD

Not sure if serious

BB9B445A-18AE-49B7-9ED1-4256026CAC89.jpeg

I can friggen find a nice black puffer to save the life of me. No logos or anything. I want to pull the trigger on the prada one but it’s not really worth it.

Any suggestions?

stone islands logos usually removable

arc’tyrex also has some nice down jackets and they’re mostly logoless

The light damier over the dark brown is nice but overall I just cant help but think of a Canal street knockoff when I see that print on a sneaker. Same goes for the AF1’s with that print.
I feel it. I had the same thought mainly cause the air forces that were put out. But said eff it, I liked em when I initially saw em so I pulled the trigger.

so did yall have a 180 on monogram/logos/allover prints?

seem like it wasnt long ago everyone saying they dont want to be a brands bilboard?

from the words of a wiseman named Tity Boi aka 2 Chainz, “ima logo ho, I got logos all over me, photos of me posin like Jodeci”

nah, no shots there, its a legit question

i stay with logos on my chest from guccis to pradas

a lot here were clowning em not too long ago though

this is probably my most worn sweatshirt and i have like different variations in hoody form

32F3F2C6-79EE-4489-A7D9-ABEAB4C79737.jpeg

AF79E02A-DA10-4FB4-B4E6-087E50497032.jpeg

Last edited:
so did yall have a 180 on monogram/logos/allover prints?

seem like it wasnt long ago everyone saying they dont want to be a brands bilboard?

I don't mind if a monogram/logo is combined with a nice design, but there is a lot of trash that people buy because it has a giant BALENCIAGA logo on it. Not a fan of those.

My most worn stuff doesn't have logos though. Off the top of my head, my SL leather jacket, Wyatt boots, and teddy are the three designer items I wear the most. Most of my silk shirts don't have an obvious logo or have subtle monograms/small logo badges at most. I mean, I'm sure people can tell what brand they are from far away, but it's more because of the colorways/designs.

Last edited:

this is probably my most worn sweatshirt and i have like different variations in hoody form

I recently asked for some brand recommendations for geometric prints, but I underlined in bold “NO LOGOS/BRANDING”
If I recall correctly there was a bit of logo/no logo discussion afterwards but I could be wrong.

My clothes, shoes etc are all designer but generally there’s no clear branding, certainly not a brand name, but that’s just my personal preference.
I buy designer because I like quality and unique designs. Something like a t-shirt with Gucci printed on it has zero value to me.
To each their own but I think the only purpose that blatant branding serves is to show off that you’re wearing Gucci and everyone knows it. I think people are delusional if they’re trying to deny that’s the purpose of wearing a bland clothing piece with blatant branding of a very expensive brand

I’ll emphasize again, to each their own.

i personally like logos if done well, like those “fake” vintage gucci logos im good with especially for basics

i like the design mostly but we (i) buy the brand because we (i) like the brand and logo font and dont mind showing it

i can go either way though as long as its not overboard, i got a good mix of basics too like ricks, the recent celine teddy that has no log but i do like to wear it with a gucci tee sometimes, also got a few slp teddy with no logo but then i also got this teddy with the sig in the back

1670450789557.jpeg

its all about balance, like the LV teddies, i prefer them like the regular slp/celine teddies but i do really like them, i just cant see myself rocking it, others does it well ike NTers in this thread

but if it had just an LV on the chest or the back and i’d probably cop one by now

and part of my brain is also shallow and just from experience, the ladies love em :lol:

I think people are delusional if they’re trying to deny that’s the purpose of wearing a bland clothing piece with blatant branding of a very expensive brand

Sometimes the logo is the design of a particular piece if that makes sense. Some logos look good on the clothing, I have a Balenciaga denim logo jacket (on the back) and it just looks sick with the BALENCIAGA on it. The flex of the brand yeah yeah cant lie and say not that at all but literally the bold font, the color (its yellow on black) just looks fire. Same with Fear of God, I like their silhouettes and the way their oversized stuff fits but mainline FoG had some cool stuff with the logo on the back, got this black crewneck with a giant Fear Of God on the back and it just looks tough. Aint nothing wong in general with branded clothing, its when you dont do it tastefully (like Gucci down head to the socks in the GG monogram for example, or a black and yellow Fendi beanie with the Fendi sunglasses with the matching black and yellow Fendi sweater with the Fendi belt showing with the black and yellow monogram shoes) is where the heinous crimes are being done.

Sometimes the logo is the design of a particular piece if that makes sense. Some logos look good on the clothing, I have a Balenciaga denim logo jacket (on the back) and it just looks sick with the BALENCIAGA on it. The flex of the brand yeah yeah cant lie and say not that at all but literally the bold font, the color (its yellow on black) just looks fire. Same with Fear of God, I like their silhouettes and the way their oversized stuff fits but mainline FoG had some cool stuff with the logo on the back, got this black crewneck with a giant Fear Of God on the back and it just looks tough. Aint nothing wong in general with branded clothing, its when you dont do it tastefully (like Gucci down head to the socks in the GG monogram for example, or a black and yellow Fendi beanie with the Fendi sunglasses with the matching black and yellow Fendi sweater with the Fendi belt showing with the black and yellow monogram shoes) is where the heinous crimes are being done.
That makes sense. Even though clothing design isn’t my forte, some basic design principles apply. It seems (and I’d love correction here, as again I’m far from experienced in this discipline) that outside of silhouette, there are few places to really change most clothing designs. (RO really is a noticeable outliner here-and that approach introduces a bunch of challenges on its own IMO).

It would seem logical that adding pattens/graphics to an otherwise traditional looking article of clothing would be a way to freshen an approach without having the pieces shift to the art/runway/conceptual side of things (again-some Rick Owens stuff). And with so much thought (visual design) and intent put into most of these fashion houses logos, I can appreciate the ‘celebration’ of such approaches 100%.

Last edited:
Speakin of branding, I’m heavily leaning towards getting these velvet loafers. Pretty loud but man they’re nice in person. Just not sure how I’d wear em. How do you rock velvet loafers? Lol. Chinos/ jeans or nah

E13C3646-B110-44CC-94E7-A63C83EF81B4.jpeg

Classy flex.

Ksubi & YSL denim be my go to’s.

Back
Top Bottom