Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Merck and Institute for Systems Biology Collaborate to Define Molecular Mechanisms of SARS-CoV-2 Infection and Identify Potential Prognostic Biomarkers

d1qfy9nqq8v41.png

Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus - Global subsampling
This phylogeny shows evolutionary relationships of hCoV-19 (or SARS-CoV-2) viruses from the ongoing novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. This phylogeny shows an initial emergence in Wuhan, China, in Nov-Dec 2019 followed by sustained human-to-human transmission leading to sampled infections. Although the genetic relationships among sampled viruses are quite clear, there is considerable uncertainty surrounding estimates of specific transmission dates and in reconstruction of geographic spread. Please be aware that specific inferred transmission patterns are only a hypothesis.

There are thousands of complete genomes available now and this number increases by hundreds of every day. This visualization can only handle ~3000 genomes in a single view for performance and legibility reasons. Because of this we have to subsample available genome data for these analysis views. Our primary global analysis subsamples to 120 genomes per admin division per month. This will result in a more equitable global sequence distribution, but it hides samples available from regions that are doing lots of sequencing. To mitigate against this, we've set up separate analyses to focus on particular regions. They are available on the "Dataset" dropdown on the left or by clicking on the following links: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania and South America.

Site numbering and genome structure uses Wuhan-Hu-1/2019 as reference. The phylogeny is rooted relative to early samples from Wuhan. Temporal resolution assumes a nucleotide substitution rate of 8 × 10^-4 subs per site per year. Full details on bioinformatic processing can be found here.

Phylogenetic context of nCoV in SARS-related betacoronaviruses can be seen here.

We gratefully acknowledge the authors, originating and submitting laboratories of the genetic sequence and metadata made available through GISAID on which this research is based. A full listing of all originating and submitting laboratories is available below. An attribution table is available by clicking on "Download Data" at the bottom of the page and then clicking on "Strain Metadata" in the resulting dialog box.

DIFFUSION PHARMACEUTICALS ANNOUNCES PRE-IND SUBMISSION TO THE FDA OF DESIGN FOR TSC TRIALS TO TREAT ACUTE RESPIRATORY DISTRESS SYNDROME IN COVID-19
Program to focus on enhanced blood oxygenation and reduction in patient progression to Intensive Care Units

• Patient enrollment planned for both the U.S. and Eastern Europe​

Diffusion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: DFFN) (“Diffusion” or “the Company”), a cutting-edge biotechnology company developing new treatments for life-threatening medical conditions by improving the body’s ability to deliver oxygen to the areas where it is needed most, today announced the pre-IND submission to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of a planned clinical program using trans sodium crocetinate (TSC) in COVID-19 patients displaying severe respiratory symptoms and low oxygen levels. Under federal regulations, the FDA has up to 60 days to hold an advisory meeting with the Company, but for COVID-19-related submissions, the FDA has announced its intention to significantly shorten this period under its Coronavirus Treatment Acceleration Program. Clinical trial start-up preparations are continuing as the Company awaits the FDA’s response.

How long before the government orders camps for Chinese people similar to what happened to Japanese Americans in WWII?

Susan and Patrick have had it up to here.

i think we all have
these people have the right idea everyone in the world should sue the Chinese communist party

people might not get money direct from the CCP but i'm sure they have holdings and property around the world to cover the cost of any lawsuits

i think we all have
these people have the right idea everyone in the world should sue the Chinese communist party

people might not get money direct from the CCP but i'm sure they have holdings and property around the world to cover the cost of any lawsuits
I hope people can get something from the CCP - but what I fear is this turns into a racial issue. When people's livelihoods' are threatened, all logic is thrown out and they act on emotion. They'll associate all their anger and frustrations towards the CCP with Asian people in general. This is bound to happen, and already has

Hopefully the state would provide you with some type of financial help if you can’t return to work. I don’t know what kind of cars you sell but I don’t think most people will be buying cars unless they really need. I work for a federal financial regulator and we are bracing for the financial fallout of this pandemic.

Thanks buddy for your concern. 👍 I sell Fords. Good company but did some dumb stuff getting rid of their entire car segment (except Mustangs). We used to have inexpensive vehicles (Fusions are great cars for the money, low $20k). But now, all it is are SUV, CUV & trucks. And the average Escape is $30K, Edge, 38K, Explorer, mid 40k and F150 is $50K. Too dang expensive for the normal people.

I think that for people who can't work due to underlying medical conditions that make them high risk, the $600 a week extra should NOT go away until a vaccine is available. If it's mid next year, so be it. The $600 amount is set to go away at the end of July but I think, as long as you have a note from your doctor (my transplant department at Penn) would be sufficient enough to keep the $ going. That is my wish but the government/administration really messed this up and the only people who are looked out for are the big companies and millionaires. Such a sad time in our country. 😞😞

Back
Top Bottom