Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roll Tide

1629316369383.png

NGL, the amount of "experts" polled who are willing to travel internationally surprises me. Travel experts, perhaps?

Man I just had a heartbreaking convo with the owner of my favorite lunch spot. Felt like I was gonna cry. Pho spot I go to 1-2 times a week. They are closing indefinitely tomorrow. Their lease is up, business is down 40% since COVID, food prices are rising, and they can’t find employees to work. Owner is going back to look for a job in HVAC. I’m so bummed man. I feel for these people. Gonna come back tomorrow for my last meal and leave a $100 tip. Feel so terrible for them.

Man I just had a heartbreaking convo with the owner of my favorite lunch spot. Felt like I was gonna cry. Pho spot I go to 1-2 times a week. They are closing indefinitely tomorrow. Their lease is up, business is down 40% since COVID, food prices are rising, and they can’t find employees to work. Owner is going back to look for a job in HVAC. I’m so bummed man. I feel for these people. Gonna come back tomorrow for my last meal and leave a $100 tip. Feel so terrible for them.

That is the truly sad part in all of this. The small businesses got hit like a truck while the large companies got loans and still laid people off. People should really start getting prosecuted for this ****.

My friends are having a birthday party for their kid who is turning one. Will be the first time I see any of my friends in 2 years. They always have good food so I'm gonna pig out.

Not my place to judge, but I will anyway... birthday parties for a 1 year old are an excuse for the parents to have their friends over. During a surge in a pandemic? That's just poor parenting/adulting.

That's sad. Imagine working hard and saving up for years so you can achieve a dream and open your own business then it's failing because of an unforseen thing like covid. It's out of your control.

They were in business for 5 years and just decided to not renew the lease again because it’s not worth it. They got PPP loans too. He said it helped but not enough. Even tried to sell the restaurant and couldn’t get a buyer.

The whole convo started because they just got from vacation in Florida. I asked how vacation was and he said they had to cancel Disney with the kids because it didn’t feel safe with delta ramping up. They went to Clearwater beach instead. So I told him I’m glad they’re back and I’ll see him next week! That’s when he told me tomorrow is our last day in business 😢

Maybe. Wondering if its mostly going to be family. The parents are both nurses and the majority of their circle are also nurses along with doctors and other healthcare workers. They know more than me if it's worth having people over.

Maybe. Wondering if its mostly going to be family. The parents are both nurses and the majority of their circle are also nurses along with doctors and other healthcare workers. They know more than me if it's worth having people over.

Did your invite mention anything about vaccine only or masks required? That would tell me all I need to know, TBH.
True story, a family I know decided the pandemic was over and thought it would be a good idea to have a baby shower, which turned into a super spreader event and grandma never made it to see her grand baby.

My invitation was just a text message. Either nurses don't give a damn or they think small parties are aight. Just remembered my nurse friend had a baby shower last week. Other nurses I know had a birthday party for their one year old as well.

Back
Top Bottom