Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can live with it. Just get it under control so it’s not so lethal and places can open.

I know you guys think it’s insane to go out to eat and all that but 3/4 of my friends are industry people and owners. I want stuff to open up.
A lot of it is mental now. There is some inertia/resistance among my friends, even though many are fully vaccinated, about planning outings. So it'll take some time. But we're trying to make plans. I know for a fact the annual Coal Gang bbq is on for Memorial Day.

I know this uncertainty is tough for businesses, especially for restaurants with tight margins, but hopefully the summer months will be strong and the momentum will carry into the fall.

A lot of it is mental now. There is some inertia/resistance among my friends, even though many are fully vaccinated, about planning outings. So it'll take some time. But we're trying to make plans. I know for a fact the annual Coal Gang bbq is on for Memorial Day.

I know this uncertainty is tough for businesses, especially for restaurants with tight margins, but hopefully the summer months will be strong and the momentum will carry into the fall.

the ones that are still open are pretty much as busy as they’re allowed to be with limited capacity. A lot of places go hard with to go now like my wife’s place to get by but that’s getting phased out to focus more on dine in people.

not everything can do a to go model though, you can’t do a 10 course tasting menu at a sushi place to go. Those are the guys who got hit the hardest.

Mark me down for coal gang Bbq :pimp:

2nd dose Moderna tomorrow afternoon, what do I do again? Dont plan **** for Saturday, pop some Tylenol before I sleep?

That sounds about right from what I’ve heard. But I’d hold off on the Tylenol. Keep it bedside with some water ready in case you wake up at night with chills. Better off have your body fight off the virus itself as much before you use medications of any sort from everything I’ve ready. You may have to consider Sunday a wash too depending how your body reacts. My second moderna is on the 30th so I’m close to being in your shoes. My first does gave me massive fatigue. I mean I slept for almost 10 hours and right after breakfast my body wanted nothing but a nap.

That sounds about right from what I’ve heard. But I’d hold off on the Tylenol. Keep it bedside with some water ready in case you wake up at night with chills. Better off have your body fight off the virus itself as much before you use medications of any sort from everything I’ve ready. You may have to consider Sunday a wash too depending how your body reacts. My second moderna is on the 30th so I’m close to being in your shoes. My first does gave me massive fatigue. I mean I slept for almost 10 hours and right after breakfast my body wanted nothing but a nap.

First dose I was fine, just a sore arm. Whats the deal with holding off with tylenol again?

you want your body to produce an immune response. Hard to see if it did if you prep pop.

Thats it? Doesnt actually stop the 5g from happening?

I mean in that case if it does it does, its not like if it doesnt imma go get a 3rd shot. In that case, popping extra stregnth Tylenols all weekend. :lol:

Thats it? Doesnt actually stop the 5g from happening?

I mean in that case if it does it does, its not like if it doesnt imma go get a 3rd shot. In that case, popping extra stregnth Tylenols all weekend. :lol:

As long as you don’t take anything before the shot you should be ok. I woke up the morning of my scheduled second dose with a headache and it was murder trying to go the whole day without any pain reliever because I was worried about limiting my immune response. I finally gave in that evening because I couldn’t take it anymore.

Small sample but as evidence of what I've been saying for a while - my cousin is a doctor, had both her Pfizer vaccinations at the end of last year and just tested positive - her son came home from college and became symptomatic a few days later - as did she.

She's not particularly sick but clearly can't go to work and needs to quarantine to prevent spread to others.

Small sample but as evidence of what I've been saying for a while - my cousin is a doctor, had both her Pfizer vaccinations at the end of last year and just tested positive - her son came home from college and became symptomatic a few days later - as did she.

She's not particularly sick but clearly can't go to work and needs to quarantine to prevent spread to others.

I mean they are advertising about 95% effective. Means you still have that 5% chance. But at least she’s not deathly sick and honestly, that’s the most important part.

Yea with the vaccine it still means you could get Covid but the risks of hospitalization or serious health issues seem to be severely reduced. At this point that is a very positive outlook and hopefully by late summer/fall everyone who wants to get vaccinated will have been and they also do some trial for those under 16 to get safely vaccinated.

It appears Covid isn't going away anytime soon if completely at all. But if we can get it under control and better contained by late this year I'll take that for now.

Just got my first shot of Pfizer. Can't believe it. Feels surreal.

Impressed with the whole ordeal here. In and out. Only gripe. They had the doses all ready and lined up in the syringe so as far as I know, I could have been injected with water. Thats my sick head talking.

On another note. does anyone know what type of brand of masks Anthony Davis wears at the games? Looks like a KN94 but its thick. Lebron wore one too.

so my co-worker got vaccinated (moderna - both shots). her daughter lives in the house with her husband and 4 kids. my co-worker helps take care of the kids and they are a close-knit family (lots of hugging, movie nights on the couch, meals together etc). my co-worker is the only one in the house that got vaccinated. the son in-law got covid and passed it on to everyone in the house EXCEPT MY CO-WORKER. all the covid people had symptoms that were not too severe but they were definitely sick. i thought that was really interesting and good news for the vaccinated people.

another interesting note: my son's school (k-12) is holding an open vaccination clinic at the school for all interested students 16+ AND their household family members. i thought that was pretty cool.

Impressed with the whole ordeal here. In and out. Only gripe. They had the doses all ready and lined up in the syringe so as far as I know, I could have been injected with water. Thats my sick head talking.

On another note. does anyone know what type of brand of masks Anthony Davis wears at the games? Looks like a KN94 but its thick. Lebron wore one too.
They are fashion masks. https://henrymask.com/

Overthinking, my favorite game haha. Youre good bro.

And I peeped those too, looked fire actually.

Back
Top Bottom