Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Da clap outchea leveling up like it is a Saiyan
I'm sitting here wondering my Superpowers are from solstice and this **** transforming like Altered Beast
snoop (1).png

So I noticed I lost my taste and smell Thursday night

I have some congestion no feve no cough no sore throat. Obviously I know I got it since I have no taste and smell
Question is do I still have to get tested? I’m obviously staying home and trying avoid ppl and wearing a mask and I know everyone is different but how long till I get my taste and smell back?

That's really hard to say. Everyone is different. There are some who report that they still have altered taste and smell after 3 months.

That's really hard to say. Everyone is different. There are some who report that they still have altered taste and smell after 3 months.

Thats right - those symptoms can last a long time. If you don’t have a fever after 10 days you’re free to go out in public again though.

Thats right - those symptoms can last a long time. If you don’t have a fever after 10 days you’re free to go out in public again though.

that’s the thing I don’t have a fever

like I said congestion but not too to the point where I’m blowing my nose , just stuffed if that makes sense

I have some congestion no feve no cough no sore throat. Obviously I know I got it since I have no taste and smell
Question is do I still have to get tested? I’m obviously staying home and trying avoid ppl and wearing a mask and I know everyone is different but how long till I get my taste and smell back?
Bruh get a test. Like we’re almost a year into this :lol:

Get tested. It took a week or so to come back but it still ain’t the same and it’s been a month for me. Still can’t smell bad smells and taste is meh my favorite **** ain’t my favorite anymore.

I know the popular opinion here is to get tested, but unless having that positive test is a condition required by your employer in order to get paid time off, I don’t know why it would matter as long as you will still isolate for 2 weeks while you recover. It’s not like there’s a specific treatment you can receive or something. Like you said, loss of taste and smell already tells you everything you need to know.
My brother just tested positive today, and it was important for him to be able to confirm so he could let the rest of the family (other than me, my wife, and my kids who decided it wasn’t safe to gather this year) know that he had exposed them on Christmas. SMH.

I hope you feel better and recover soon.
IF you decide to isolate on your own and not get tested make sure you follow guidelines thoroughly. Give yourself at least 10 days. Then get tested after that to make sure it’s out of your system.
I would think the advantage of getting tested if you already know you have it is to confirm and let others you may have exposed know To get tested and also isolate.
Also if the case develops into something severe at least doctors will have you on record for when you became infected and how your symptoms progressed

I lost my taste and smell last Monday and just got it back yesterday afternoon. Smell is still iffy though, couldn’t smell anything at night when I was dealing with a fever.

So the CDC is now recommending the vaccine even if you have SeverE symptoms of COVID?

You mean being vaccinated with current infection? I suppose it could help your body produce an immune response, but I'd need to do more research on that because I've always heard it's not a good idea to receive any vaccines while you're sick. In fact, when my son was a baby (~15 months) he received his MMR vaccine while he was recovering from a cold and ear infection and ended up getting an infection in his lymph nodes that required a 5 day hospital stay and manually draining the abscesses.

i just got the notice from the department of health and i can start registering people (including myself) to take the vaccine this week. i'm pretty sure a bunch of people will not be signing up because they are facebook/youtube scholars.

Need more background. Are you in the medical field? Are you talking about vaccinating citizens, medical professionals, nursing home residents, etc?

How are you all dealing with people and the conspiracy theories? like folks are in overdrive same cats was on flat earth out here peddling all kinds of nonsense

How are you all dealing with people and the conspiracy theories? like folks are in overdrive same cats was on flat earth out here peddling all kinds of nonsense

I don't even bother trying to reason with people anymore, unless their nonsense is going to directly affect me and my family. I'll keep trying to spread the good word to family members and co-workers, but you can only do so much. In all their infinite wisdom, the rest of my family decided to ignore public health measures and gather for Christmas and now they're all in quarantine because my brother tested positive 2 days later. Idiots.

Back
Top Bottom