Hey NT, is 25 y/o too old to be living with your parents?

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

I've never seen a group of people in that much of a rush to pay bills in my life....

Seriously, if you move out at 17, 18..hell, even 19, you're crazy...unless you wanted THAT much freedom, or didn't want to adhere to any rules. At that age, I was livin at home quite comfortably, jackin off money on whatever the hell I wanted. I wasn't in a rush to take on any REAL responsibilities. There was no sense in growing up before my time. One of my homeboys just moved out at 26, and when he did, he put down 50% on his house, and his car just got completely paid off in 3.5 years...he saved up, and did it the right way IMO....no sense in strugglin at such an early age for no reason, just to say "hey, I moved out...I'm broke as *+##, but hey...at least I moved out!"
scared me for a moment, but I agree with what was said^

I've never seen a group of people in that much of a rush to pay bills in my life....

Seriously, if you move out at 17, 18..hell, even 19, you're crazy...unless you wanted THAT much freedom, or didn't want to adhere to any rules. At that age, I was livin at home quite comfortably, jackin off money on whatever the hell I wanted. I wasn't in a rush to take on any REAL responsibilities. There was no sense in growing up before my time. One of my homeboys just moved out at 26, and when he did, he put down 50% on his house, and his car just got completely paid off in 3.5 years...he saved up, and did it the right way IMO....no sense in strugglin at such an early age for no reason, just to say "hey, I moved out...I'm broke as *+##, but hey...at least I moved out!"
While what you're saying makes perfect sense at 25-26 I always had the "now or never mindstate."

But yea, my cousin moved out at 26 and put money up for a condo. But his parents babysat his bank account/credit stuff. Which is good & bad.

I just renovated my room and I am 20 lol. I dont think I am going anywhere for another 2-3 years. Got to pay off school then save up. Plus I got a littlebrother to take care off. I have no urg to move out either. I see my friends 5 of em living in 2 bedroom apartments. Not a good look.

Its not too old. Depends on what you want for your life. Personally, when I graduate college in a few years, I want to get into a career and save up some moneyso I can make a down-payment on a condo or a townhouse. I don't want to get an apartment because you don't own an apartment and it doesn't havenear as much worth or investment-purpose as a home does. There's really no rush as long as you have a plan and you stick to it...

25+ living at home with no job or prospects = fail.

25+ living at home with a job, helping out your 'rents with the bills = not fail.

it kind of depends on your situation...i'd say if you're in school, it's ok to live at home.

but if you're at a full time job that you expect to be at for a while, i'd say it's time to move out.

Not moving back home at 20 and finishing school living at home is one of the biggest mistakes I've made in life.

I'm 26 just finished school and I'm 40 grand in debt because I couldn't swallow my pride and move.

Yeah I've had my own place since I was 18 but I'm 3 years behind where I should be in life and I'm in debt more than I should be.

Stay at the crib as long as you can just keep being productive.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

While what you're saying makes perfect sense at 25-26 I always had the "now or never mindstate."

But yea, my cousin moved out at 26 and put money up for a condo. But his parents babysat his bank account/credit stuff. Which is good & bad.

I feel you, but #!++...while I was at home, I paid bills, helped out and all that....and still had mad freedom; I was always a good kid, so I literally neverhad a curfew...had my first pager in '95 and my first cell in '97, so she just called me whenever she wanted to know where I was.

But, now...my bills are about $3500 a month. Why anybody that's 18-21 wants to tackle this kind of #!++ and leave the nest so fast, I'll NEVER know...

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Not moving back home at 20 and finishing school living at home is one of the biggest mistakes I've made in life.

I'm 26 just finished school and I'm 40 grand in debt because I couldn't swallow my pride and move.

Yeah I've had my own place since I was 18 but I'm 3 years behind where I should be in life and I'm in debt more than I should be.

Stay at the crib as long as you can just keep being productive.
congrats on graduating what did u major in?

I feel you, but #!++...while I was at home, I paid bills, helped out and all that....and still had mad freedom; I was always a good kid, so I literally never had a curfew...had my first pager in '95 and my first cell in '97, so she just called me whenever she wanted to know where I was.

But, now...my bills are about $3500 a month. Why anybody that's 18-21 wants to tackle this kind of #!++ and leave the nest so fast, I'll NEVER know...

you seemed to have a good situation though.
many people feel that they can't live their life fully while they're living at home because of the parents beings strict or what not.
what bills does the $3500 consist of if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

I feel you, but #!++...while I was at home, I paid bills, helped out and all that....and still had mad freedom; I was always a good kid, so I literally never had a curfew...had my first pager in '95 and my first cell in '97, so she just called me whenever she wanted to know where I was.

many people feel that they can't live their life fully while they're living at home because of the parents beings strict or what not.

I can understand that...I guess it just depends on your situation.

For me:

Rent: $792
Cable: $110
Electric: $150
Car payments: $860
Insurance for them: $303
Daycare: $600
Life/renters insurance: $95
Cell phones: $170
Water: $25
Parking garage (work): $70
Storage: $75

Total: $3250....and that's NOT including gas, groceries, living expenses (lunch, entertainment, etc) and a "*@@* happens"fund.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

my brother's 30 and he still lives here..so eh
28e16a3cf7dd00ecf3e34a6299c1d0f625132990.jpg

sounds bad yes
laugh.gif

but if it werent for him, cable/internet would prolly be off and we wouldn't have the ps3.. so idc

For me:

Total: $3250....and that's NOT including gas, groceries, living expenses (lunch, entertainment, etc) and a "*@@* happens" fund.
ohhhh, you have a child!!! that makes sense.

i was wondering how you could accrue $3500 in monthly expenses just by yourself!
laugh.gif

but if it werent for him, cable/internet would prolly be off and we wouldn't have the ps3.. so idc
you started off really well but ended up sounding like an idiot in the end
laugh.gif

just to answer: it depends. financial standing and culture plays a big role.

I'd rather live with my parents comfortably than move out and live paycheque after paycheque.

As long as I know I'm a responsible person and I'm keeping myself busy and occupied, I don't see anything wrong with it. I know how to cook,clean...I'm also financially sound - I don't see myself struggling living alone if ever I get the chance to.

For me:

Total: $3250....and that's NOT including gas, groceries, living expenses (lunch, entertainment, etc) and a "*@@* happens" fund.
ohhhh, you have a child!!! that makes sense.

i was wondering how you could accrue $3500 in monthly expenses just by yourself!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
But, hell...take out daycare and 1 of the cars; that's still$2200-$2500 a month that 1 person would need to live ok, and that even depends on where you live. It's not gettin any easier out here, so hell...why addany extra stress? Stay at home as long as you can...

Most these dudes laughin' probably young as hell with no idea how much it costs to move out AND SURVIVE

I'm 23 and still at home, plan on moving out when I finish school in a year, but who cares if you're at home... stack chips while you can! I got thebank account looking REALLY nice, just been saving, getting ready to make that move.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

you started off really well but ended up sounding like an idiot in the end
laugh.gif

just to answer: it depends. financial standing and culture plays a big role.

I'd rather live with my parents comfortably than move out and live paycheque after paycheque.

As long as I know I'm a responsible person and I'm keeping myself busy and occupied, I don't see anything wrong with it. I know how to cook, clean...I'm also financially sound - I don't see myself struggling living alone if ever I get the chance to.

im an idiot because i like to play video games?
eyes.gif

I didn't feel like reading all 9 pages, but in the Filipino culture, it's completely normal. Our parents take care of us for a long time, and whenthey're old, we take care of them. We don't kick them to the curb into an old folks' home. Thankfully, we have a big enough home to house myparents, myself, my two brothers, their wives, and their 3 children total (aged 1 month, 3, and 4 years old). My oldest brother, his wife, and two babies aremoving out in April though, but they're moving a few blocks away. I don't know. I guess Filipinos just like to stay tight knit for as long as wepossibly can. I guess since life is so hard and money is so hard to come by in the Philippines, the trend and culture of staying in one house and helping oneanother just carried over to Filipinio families fortunate enough to have been able to migrate to America.

how do you deal with girls? do your parents care if you beat guts in their house?

that would seem really ridiculous IMO because you should be trying to find a life partner at that age right?

IDK man I would hate myself if im still living with my parents when im 25.

With these economic times, it's cool......but you better be stackin' money cause if you are that broke dude at home, the real world will eat you upwhen you get older.

Back
Top Bottom