Hey Niketalk

Out of all five of those bands, Which one would be your favorite?
Also, To anyone in this thread, if we could make a compilation of any song(Ex:I Wanna Love You), give me some recommendations.

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Out of all five of those bands, Which one would be your favorite?
Also, To anyone in this thread, if we could make a compilation of any song(Ex:I Wanna Love You), give me some recommendations.
I assume that's the same as a Cover?

I'm going think for a great song for your guys to cover, I'll get back to you later tonight.

I missed out on seeing Voxtrot during SXSW
smh.gif

There were seriously no details online, I didn't know if it was wristband-only or not
mad.gif

Yes Pretty Much, In many recent interviews we have been leaning towards focusing on our music for awhile,but It's always fun to mess around with something.

^I didn't know they were even stateside again until after the fact... sucks that you Austin kids had the same amount of information as the rest of us.

Oh, and to continue bragging on that Wilco tip... I've seen them twice.

The Audition
pimp.gif

Emarosa
pimp.gif

Oh and I found one of your songs on my iTunes. I forgot that your "I Wanna Love You" cover was on the Punk Goes Crunk CD. I think if you cover"Blame It" by Jamie Foxx it could be dope.

Originally Posted by mace40

^I didn't know they were even stateside again until after the fact... sucks that you Austin kids had the same amount of information as the rest of us.

Twice? Gosh. Was one of them during the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot era?

And Wilco is actually playing in Texas this summer. Only problem is.. I'll be in Houston for the summer and the show is in El Paso, the complete other sideof Texas. Plus, I pretty much have no friends that listen to Wilco, so I'd be alone for the trip.. GRRRRR

Mace what up! Metal thread poster and all around good guy. Im not sure if you remember but you put me onto a lot of older bands and more un heard of stuff.Waits was a gread recommendation.

Anyways, Ive heard of the Maine and John you guys make solid stuff. I would have been way into this band in my middle school/early hs years. I had asubscription to AP for like 4 years lol. But as Craftsy said, I just dont have the time to keep up with all the new stuff coming and going.

Glad to see you on NT. Safe to say that you're the first non hip hop artist that has posted here. Welcome.

Thanks for all the great feedback on this page. I checked out Stars this past morning and I must say I am very impressed. Good looking out on whoever recommended it. To the Person who asked how much we make, well I make Little more than the middle class. I can not get into specifics, but I'm not making Bruce Springsteen type money. If anyone has any questions about the band, certain songs or they just want to talk, let me know.
That'd be me
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

yeahitsRUST wrote:
Mace what up! Metal thread poster and all around good guy. Im not sure if you remember but you put me onto a lot of older bands and more un heard of stuff. Waits was a gread recommendation.

Anyways, Ive heard of the Maine and John you guys make solid stuff. I would have been way into this band in my middle school/early hs years. I had a subscription to AP for like 4 years lol. But as Craftsy said, I just dont have the time to keep up with all the new stuff coming and going.

Glad to see you on NT. Safe to say that you're the first non hip hop artist that has posted here. Welcome.
Thank you for welcoming me, We were in AP's issue awhile back, and we are are on the tour right now. Great Experience so far, sadly we onlyhave 5 more dates I think, then a month rest and then the chaos that is the Warped Tour.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by mace40

Twice? Gosh. Was one of them during the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot era?

And Wilco is actually playing in Texas this summer. Only problem is.. I'll be in Houston for the summer and the show is in El Paso, the complete other side of Texas. Plus, I pretty much have no friends that listen to Wilco, so I'd be alone for the trip.. GRRRRR
What I actually meant by that is that I've seen Voxtrot twice. I've seen Wilco three times... (and will stop talking about it now) I wasreferring to an exchange we had in the other rock thread. That being said, go see Wilco, you won't regret it, no matter the drive.

As for your second dilemma... I feel you. I live where if you hear a band is coming around, you jump like hell because it might be awhile before somethingworthwhile comes around again. I also have a tough time shepherding my friends to shows.
Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Mace what up! Metal thread poster and all around good guy. Im not sure if you remember but you put me onto a lot of older bands and more un heard of stuff. Waits was a gread recommendation.
What's good RUST. I had to stick up for metal in here already. As for the recommendations, no problem. If you'd like another couple, youknow how to reach me.

I will probably be heading out to California and then back to Arizona. I'm just looking forward to a break.
Also, another band to look for, is Secondhand Serenade.

Fall For You
pimp.gif
. Ihave to listen to their other work though, and not just that song (since it gets radio play).

Do you listen to Shinedown? I Dare You and Second Chance (again, probably twoof their better known songs, I have to listen to more of them).

I will probably be heading out to California and then back to Arizona. I'm just looking forward to a break.

secondhand serenade is great
the morning light is awesome too

To a person I was talking to last night, I discovered Medic Droid this morning while searching through some of our old video's. Its a shame they broke up,I could sense some talent there.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Fall For You
pimp.gif
. I have to listen to their other work though, and not just that song (since it gets radio play).

Do you listen to Shinedown? I Dare You and Second Chance (again, probably two of their better known songs, I have to listen to more of them).
I will have to check them out, can't say Ive heard of them.
Check Out Pretend, Your Call and Like a Knife by Secondhand Serenade.

Originally Posted by deceptikk0n

secondhand serenade is great
the morning light is awesome too
Morning light is a great group also.

what does it feel like performing at warped tour?
is it fun? tiring?

i cant wait to go to warped tour this year

probably gonna be going to pomona on the 26th

deceptikk0n wrote:
what does it feel like performing at warped tour?
is it fun? tiring?

i cant wait to go to warped tour this year

probably gonna be going to pomona on the 26th

It is definitely fun and rewarding at the same time. Takes up alot of time, but it is great meeting new people and having new experiences.

Are you a fan of any of the following bands....?

- Muse
- Mew
- Bloc Party
- Klaxons
- Keane
- The Pigeon Detectives
- Carolina Liar
- The Sounds
- Ladytron
- Air

European stuff is almost all I listen to, as far as Rock is concerned.

But I'll mess with a few American bands, if they catch my attention (The Shins, Shiny Toy Guns, etc).

Also... Whatchu know bout Kenna?

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Are you a fan of any of the following bands....?

- Muse
- Mew
- Bloc Party
- Klaxons
- Keane
- The Pigeon Detectives
- Carolina Liar
- The Sounds
- Ladytron
- Air

European stuff is almost all I listen to, as far as Rock is concerned.

But I'll mess with a few American bands, if they catch my attention (The Shins, Shiny Toy Guns, etc).

Also... Whatchu know bout Kenna?
I can say Ive listened to Muse, Keane and Air. As in Kenna do you mean Make Sure They see My face?

Yes, sir. That Kenna. Props...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

However his first album, New Sacred Cow, is probably still better than Make Sure They See My Face. Definitely check that out.

Surprised you haven't at least heard some Bloc Party. It is mandatory that you check them.

Some of their songs:

- Hunting For Witches
- Helicopter
- Like Eating Glass
- Trojan Horse
- Ion Square
- Flux

Back
Top Bottom