Hey guys, im looking into purchasing my first motorcycle! Vol. Need advice

I need some advice guys, what are some bikes you guys suggest for a first user? 
My self, ive never ridden and i know very little about a bike, so im looking for something fairly easy to get into.

Im looking into the Suzuki GSX R-600 as my first one, what do you guys think?

I know very little about bikes, but know alot of people who are really into them. From what everyone has told me 600s are great starter bikes. They have enough power to have a really good time, but not so much that your likely to kill yourself before you get more comfortable and build up your skills. They are also light enough for you to pick it up easily by yourself if God forbid you ever happen to turn it on its side (see it happen all the time though).

Be careful and happy motoring.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

I know very little about bikes, but know alot of people who are really into them. From what everyone has told me 600s are great starter bikes. They have enough power to have a really good time, but not so much that your likely to kill yourself before you get more comfortable and build up your skills. They are also light enough for you to pick it up easily by yourself if God forbid you ever happen to turn it on its side (see it happen all the time though).

Be careful and happy motoring.

Thanks man, sound like some good advice lol, thats the basic idea i had about the 600 aswell.

how tall are you? you could start on a 600 depending how tall you are. if you're 5'5" or less, i'd start on a 250.

go get your permit (multiple choice test). then take a MSF course in the spring, or now if they're still running in your area.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

how tall are you? you could start on a 600 depending how tall you are. if you're 5'5" or less, i'd start on a 250.

go get your permit (multiple choice test). then take a MSF course in the spring, or now if they're still running in your area.

im like 5'5 or 5'6. but i feel like the 250 is wayyy to under powered...

You should def take the MSF course if you plan on getting a 600. No offence but your a small dude, and 600's are far from starter bikes. 

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Don't get anything less than 600cc. Nobody will take you seriously.

its not about people taking you seriously its about you taking you seriously. any 600rr bike is way too much for a starter. not only are they very powerful but the suspension and brakes are very sharp. dont get anything to look cool. start small and work your way up. a 250 has plenty of power   if you use it right. majorit of 600s on the road arent ridden to their potential. be safe

Back
Top Bottom