hey fam - Jordans/shoes and pets...

Whats up guys, my bad if its the wrong forum, but i just wanted to know, those who have pets, especially dogs, how do yall basically keep your pets away fromwrecking your stuff. i might be getting a dog and i've never had one before, I'm somewhat excited but I'm also really worried about it tearing upmy shoes and other things. how do ya'll manage?

keep them on the shelf.. helps my dog is only 2 pounds too lol..

or keep the room closed with all the goods in it

good thread....i dont have a pet but i know id lose my mind if i seen teeth marks and holes n #%%+ in my grapes...better keep your #%%+ locked up...

In my house, anything on the floor belongs to my dogs. Keep your shoes boxed or shelved in your closet.

put your shoes where your dog can't get to them. I have two beagles and my shoes are still perfect. I keep them in a box at the top of my closet.

keep them boxed, put up in the closet with the door closed, pretty much settles it

just always have your dog a new dog toy it'll keep them busy and away from your shoes.

Biggest advice I'll give you is Don't leave your Jays or any shoes on the floor unless they're beaters. One of my dogs pissed on my non-leatherjays and they're stained! Also, puppies are the worse when it comes to chewing on anything! Like what peeps saying here; train em early! Good luck!

You can leave your shoes on the floor but make sure they are in a box.
TRAIN The dog! If it gets an idea to touch your shoes, make sure you scream at him.
You have to be a little cruel at first but it's worth it in the end

I have 4 dogs and 3 cats but I also have an extra bedroom. I keep any shoe I don't wear regularly in the extra closet. My dogs only chew on my flip flopsand my cats only claw shoes that are left in the living room. Mainly, you just have to remember to put your stuff up. Don't even give them the chance...

Train Your Dog ASAP I Have A Black Lab Never Had A Problem In My Shoes But He Bit Some Holes In My Step Mother She Beat Him So Bad That He's Scared To GoNear Some Shoes Now

the worst problem i have is keeping the dog hair out of my kicks. the insoles of some of my beaters are covered with dog hair. heat stays in the box andup out of reach, but i've had to come up with rituals to get my kicks on without getting dog hair on my socks before they go in the shoes.
wink.gif

First of all, what kind of dog? For first time dog owners, I'd highly advise training school to save you years of possible frustration.
Secondly, The show/book Dog Whisperer is actually very good and informative about training dogs.

I have a pit that is trained extremely well, and I'd honestly leave my og XI's on the floor without any worry. (I've left stuff out for 7 yrswithout a single incident)
As long as the dog knows what is his toys and what isn't.

Lastly- Never lay an aggressive hand on your animal for training, or any purpose. Doesn't translate to dogs as you think it does.

hope this helps.....coming from an experienced dog owner/trainer

I got my dog (rottweiler) one of those shock collar. Every time he gets near my Jordans, I shock him.

He gets the message after about a week or so.

Now, I just leave him in the backyard because he feels like he can just pee anywhere he wishes.

I love my dog (border collie), but I had to train him early when he trashed some Team Jordans back in '03. Once you "lay the smack down" theywill stay away from the kicks.

Thanks fam, very much appreciated oh and C4, its a black Labrador puppy. i think ill go with trying to train it early and keep my stuff away from it. thanksagain guys

discipline your pet if it touches any of your stuff,i have no problem with mine a shes a big girl

I don't have a dog but just keep your J's somewhere your dog will never go, closet or something like that.

keep the room/closet with the shoes CLOSED AT ALL TIMES!!!!! trust me my puppy got loose and got in my room and had a blast with whatever was out the boxmostly school shoes (forces) but they have lil teeth marks i gotta pit thats 3 months now but once you train it and if its done effectively youll be good anddont hit them only makes them more aggressive and its kinda messed you wont beat your mom for bitting your shoes would you

Here is the greatest advice you're ever going to get in your life. Get a Bull Mastiff. They are awesome looking and freaking huge (Mine is 165 pounds). Butwhat makes them the best breed in the world is that they are by far the laziest breed. They cost about $1000 but all they do is chill. My dog is down to sleep23.5 hours a day, but if you want to hit the block they're down. And no one is gonna mess with you. THere is nothing I hate more then walking a hyper !%+dog after school/work. Never ever buy a terrier. Pit Bulls are cool but they are FULL of energy. If you want a cool looking "macho" dog that takes noenergy to really take care of, Bull Mastiffs rock.

Back
Top Bottom