Here's your official full bowl schedule...

why is usc playing illinois? I thought we would play georgia? I would rather see USC vs Georgia play each other

fine, georgia doesnt travel? then MISSOURI is the obvious choice, they were ranked 1 yesturday, they are ranked ahead of USC acording to the BCS, they have 1less loss then Illinois, to the same team which is ranked 3rd in the country!

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

georgia wouldnt travel

eek.gif
thats so gay

by the way how did you find this out?

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

georgia wouldnt travel
You believe that? You really think Illinois would bring more fans than Georgia?

Georgia hasn't been to the Rose Bowl since the 40s. People were excited about the chance to go out there. Getting Hawaii was a letdown. Even so, UGA hasalready sold out their full allotment of Sugar Bowl tickets, and I'm sure they'll get a large batch of leftovers from Hawaii.

The Rose Bowl committee is just hell-bent on preserving that Big 10/Pac-10 matchup. Even if it means a blowout and a lower TV rating...

aiight, i dont watch college football, and im completely baffled by the concept of the BCS, so someone tell me,

1.if Hawaii is undefeated, why are they not in the BCS Championship game? and
2. If there is only 1 BCS Championship game, what is the point of all the rest of the Bowl games?
3. how did they come up with all this (no full explanation needed, a link with the answer would be good enough)

2. If there is only 1 BCS Championship game, what is the point of all the rest of the Bowl games?
3. how did they come up with all this (no full explanation needed, a link with the answer would be good enough)

1) Because despite their record the computer takes alot of other things into consideration when determing rankings. And on top of that $$$ becausemore people will be interested in OSU vs LSU then OSU vs Hawaii its all about the paper.
2)$$$ plain and simple. Companies pay big bucks to have bowl games named after them.
3) They implemented a computer into the ranking process to make it more objective and "fair" as opposed to placing it soley in the hands of humanvoting. So they created a mathematical formula to objectively rank teams

The BCS was established to determine the national champion for college football while maintaining and enhancing the bowl system that's nearly 100 years old. The BCS has quickly become a showcase for the sport, matching the best teams at the end of the season.

Until the early 1990s the selection process for major bowl matchups with affiliated conference champions was totally disorganized and in many cases resulted in a chaotic situation. Some bowls would effectively make selections after seven or eight games. The BCS has worked to develop a system that not only allows the selection process to be completed at the end of the regular season and creates better matchups.

I am not excited to see UF on New Years Day. It might be a 50-14 beatdown. Michigan plays slow and UF plays fast. That will not work. Plus, Michigan hasterrible coaches and players that don't know how to win a big game.

i can't front, i'm gonna try to catch all these games cause i love football
laugh.gif
smile.gif
I could actually see June Jones and Hawaii's AD saying "We'll play anyone, anywhere!" and in fine print "except USC".
roll.gif
remember when reggie bush did the front flip into theendzone on Hawaii 2 years ago?

1. Because the BCS system takes strength of schedule into account, and it just so happened that Hawaii played the weakest schedule in the 10-year history ofthe BCS. that puts teams that played tougher schedule but lost a game or two ahead of them.

2. the other games produce a lot of money for schools. it's almost the equivalent of the NFL making multiple runner-up super bowls so the fans of thoseteams will spend money to watch the games.

3. you dont even want the full explanation. its a complex computer system with tons of mathematical equations, but it basically takes into account record, homewins, road wins, strength of schedule, etc and combines that with a rankings from a poll of human voters to determine which 2 teams are most deserving ofplaying in the BCS championship.

33 bowl games again this year
sick.gif

66 teams being able to say they are bowl bound on next year's stationery, like that means anything in many cases.

so is the reason that georgia isnt playing sc in the rose bowl because the rose bowl committee wants to perserve a Big 10/ Pac 10 matchup or that georgia justwouldnt travel?

so is the reason that georgia isnt playing sc in the rose bowl because the rose bowl committee wants to perserve a Big 10/ Pac 10 matchup or that georgia just wouldnt travel?
rose bowl committee picked illinois for both reasons... GA had to go to the sugar. it was not debatable... so USC was left with illinois. andFiesta had to choose between hawaii and WV. Oklahoma wouldve killed the Fiesta if they chose another mid major to play against them. Why? los lose situation.no credit for winning, major loss if they lose. also, Orange picked Kansas over WVU and hawaii.

oh... and after the rose bowl picked illinois, it eliminated ASU from the BCS. thats why the Devils arent in there
frown.gif

Actually Georgia didn't have to go to the Sugar, If I'm not mistake after the BCS title game was set, the Rose Bowl got the first choice, so they couldhave chose Georgia instead of Illinois, but they were hellbent on getting a Big 10/Pac Ten matchup even though it is going to be a boring game and murdering(word to Verne Lundquist) by USC over Illinois.

The Rose could have picked Missouri which would have made Kansas uneligible then giving Arizona St. the Orange vs. VTech which would have been a better lookfor both bowls if you ask me.

Originally Posted by bobby24K

Actually Georgia didn't have to go to the Sugar, If I'm not mistake after the BCS title game was set, the Rose Bowl got the first choice, so they could have chose Georgia instead of Illinois, but they were hellbent on getting a Big 10/Pac Ten matchup even though it is going to be a boring game and murdering (word to Verne Lundquist) by USC over Illinois.

That's partly wrong the Rose would have the first choice but they can't take a team from the 2nd place teams conference, so the SEC and Georgia. AndI'm sure the Sugar wasn't going to give up the chance to have Georgia.

A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select any of the following:

A. A team in the NCG;
B. The host team for another BCS Bowl;
C. When two bowls lose host teams, then the bowl losing the number one team may not select a replacement team from the same Conference asthe number two team, unless the bowl losing the number two team consents.

4. After steps No. 1, 2 and 3 have been completed, any bowl with an unfilled slot shall select a team from the automatic qualifiers and/orat-large teams in the following order:

A. The bowl played on the date nearest to the National Championship Game (for 2008, Orange Bowl) will pick first;
B. The bowl played on the date second-nearest to the National Championship Game (for 2008, Fiesta Bowl) will pick second;
C. The bowl hosting the game that is played in the time slot immediately after the Rose Bowl game (for 2008, Sugar Bowl) will pickthird.

Back
Top Bottom