Help on Restoring Damaged Nubuck/Durabuck

Originally Posted by Mzee24

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

laugh.gif
@ you complaining about the shape of the new retros and the clashing colors when you bring out some $&#^ like that. I would be so happy to get $40 for those shoes.

I (like many others) prefer OG shoes over Retro's, and also (like many others) realize that some of the retro's released have many differences to the Originals. You must have not understood that im 16 and dont have $500 too blow off on OG shoes broski.This was my best bet at them, dont really appreciate the sense of humor but thanks anyway 
smile.gif

So let me get this straight..you were born in 1994 (or possibly 1995) and won't settle for the retros because you want OG quality? no offense but you weren't even old enough to remember Jordan in his prime, let alone remember OG quality.
laugh.gif

trust me from experience, that material is DONE. once it cracks and peels, theres no fixing it. only thing to do is repaint it. this is one of the things I hate about durabuck. despite some people claiming its the greatest material since sliced bread, it has a tendency to crack and peel over time. I had to get rid of my 99 wearable black cement IVs because the durabuck in the back ankle chipped like no ones business.

you'd be best to throw those shoes away or use them as beaters then buy the 2011 retro.

Originally Posted by sthebest

laugh.gif
@ you complaining about the shape of the new retros and the clashing colors when you bring out some $&#^ like that. I would be so happy to get $40 for those shoes.

I (like many others) prefer OG shoes over Retro's, and also (like many others) realize that some of the retro's released have many differences to the Originals. You must have not understood that im 16 and dont have $500 too blow off on OG shoes broski.This was my best bet at them, dont really appreciate the sense of humor but thanks anyway 
smile.gif

So let me get this straight..you were born in 1994 (or possibly 1995) and won't settle for the retros because you want OG quality? no offense but you weren't even old enough to remember Jordan in his prime, let alone remember OG quality.
laugh.gif

trust me from experience, that material is DONE. once it cracks and peels, theres no fixing it. only thing to do is repaint it. this is one of the things I hate about durabuck. despite some people claiming its the greatest material since sliced bread, it has a tendency to crack and peel over time. I had to get rid of my 99 wearable black cement IVs because the durabuck in the back ankle chipped like no ones business.

you'd be best to throw those shoes away or use them as beaters then buy the 2011 retro.
1994 bro lol and yes you are right i dont remember OG quality but and i wasn't alive to to watch Jordan in his prime! But I am a fan of Jordan! From Sam Smith's novels following the Bulls Seasons to NBA TV replays of the Bulls Championship games i've tried my best to see Jordan at his best. I was a fan of MJ before i was a fan of Jordans! But i appreciate the advice, i will try shoe repair and if that doesnt work then i guess i got some bball shoes for the neighborhood park 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

smile.gif

laugh.gif

1994 bro lol and yes you are right i dont remember OG quality but and i wasn't alive to to watch Jordan in his prime! But I am a fan of Jordan! From Sam Smith's novels following the Bulls Seasons to NBA TV replays of the Bulls Championship games i've tried my best to see Jordan at his best. I was a fan of MJ before i was a fan of Jordans! But i appreciate the advice, i will try shoe repair and if that doesnt work then i guess i got some bball shoes for the neighborhood park 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

you are stupid as hell for buying those for 40. for an extra 100, they could have been deadstock.
Get over the green, or the shape, or WHATEVER. You arent gonna bring those back to life.
Chill out bro! Im entitled to spend my cash the way I want since I earned it right? I've gotten enough of a beat down already on here lol

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

you are stupid as hell for buying those for 40. for an extra 100, they could have been deadstock.
Get over the green, or the shape, or WHATEVER. You arent gonna bring those back to life.
Chill out bro! Im entitled to spend my cash the way I want since I earned it right? I've gotten enough of a beat down already on here lol

laugh.gif

smile.gif

laugh.gif

are you impling bcuz hes young he shouldnt know/care/want to learn about good quality? It dont seem like he in here talkn reckeless he just wanna get laced . seems like hes doing his homework. hes years ahead of me when i was 15, when it comes to really careing about shoes. but you helpn him so i guess its cool, but still.

do ya thang Mzee24. id rather not have clouded judgment of jordan. Ill be dam'd if I buy a pair of jordan retros with bad quality and shape just cuz I wanna relive a memory.

btw those look terminated, but good luck.

laugh.gif

smile.gif

laugh.gif

are you impling bcuz hes young he shouldnt know/care/want to learn about good quality? It dont seem like he in here talkn reckeless he just wanna get laced . seems like hes doing his homework. hes years ahead of me when i was 15, when it comes to really careing about shoes. but you helpn him so i guess its cool, but still.

do ya thang Mzee24. id rather not have clouded judgment of jordan. Ill be dam'd if I buy a pair of jordan retros with bad quality and shape just cuz I wanna relive a memory.

Originally Posted by Error on page

smile.gif

laugh.gif

Im not saying that at all. But buying beaters on their last leg because they were made with better quality isnt feasible. I would see if the retros looked to be piss poor, but they actually look pretty close to the originals.Trust me, I used to be the same way 4 years ago. I would cop beaters of my most desired shoe just to have them in their original form. But then after awhile, I foudn myself not being pleased with the condition they were in. Hence, I got rid of them and started recopping in better condition.

Jordan quality was good in the old days, but it never was mind blowing so to speak.Even though I was 14 when he retired, I owned most of the great releases from 1999-2001 (and some OGs as well). Glue stains still existed and certain shoes had a slightly sloppy paint job (in particular, the Jordan VIIs)

smile.gif

laugh.gif

Im not saying that at all. But buying beaters on their last leg because they were made with better quality isnt feasible. I would see if the retros looked to be piss poor, but they actually look pretty close to the originals.Trust me, I used to be the same way 4 years ago. I would cop beaters of my most desired shoe just to have them in their original form. But then after awhile, I foudn myself not being pleased with the condition they were in. Hence, I got rid of them and started recopping in better condition.

Jordan quality was good in the old days, but it never was mind blowing so to speak.Even though I was 14 when he retired, I owned most of the great releases from 1999-2001 (and some OGs as well). Glue stains still existed and certain shoes had a slightly sloppy paint job (in particular, the Jordan VIIs)

smile.gif

laugh.gif

Ay Thanks bro!

smile.gif

laugh.gif

Ay Thanks bro!

sthebest you cool. i wasnt really trynna go at u, just seem like every body was attacking the dude. just like you said you had to live and learn. even thou the shoes might be a failed attempt he can still learn or even compare parts of the shoe that are in tact and or recognizable and get experience. im in my mid/late 20s and i just started thinking about restorations and sole swaps. Its all gud thou "daps"

@Mzee24,keep hope alive
wink.gif

sthebest you cool. i wasnt really trynna go at u, just seem like every body was attacking the dude. just like you said you had to live and learn. even thou the shoes might be a failed attempt he can still learn or even compare parts of the shoe that are in tact and or recognizable and get experience. im in my mid/late 20s and i just started thinking about restorations and sole swaps. Its all gud thou "daps"

@Mzee24,keep hope alive
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom