Help on Restoring Damaged Nubuck/Durabuck

Wassup Niketalk! As of many of you, i was excited on the coming Bordeaux 7s release but upon seeing pictures of them i was disappointed. No green on the tongue, the clash of color between the grey and black durabuck, and just different shape of the shoe, inspired me to pursue the OG Bordeaux's. After searching though i realized that $500+ is way to much for a 16 year old high-school student to be spending. However i got lucky and found a pair of for $40!!! The only problem was the nubuck or durabuck ( I do not really know what the material is...) was severely damaged. I checked with Renegade Restorations and was told that they could not fix it. I will check with a shoe repair soon but my question to you Niketalk is damaged nubuck/durabuck restorable? If so, help would be much appreciated! Thanks the pics are below! 

Wassup Niketalk! As of many of you, i was excited on the coming Bordeaux 7s release but upon seeing pictures of them i was disappointed. No green on the tongue, the clash of color between the grey and black durabuck, and just different shape of the shoe, inspired me to pursue the OG Bordeaux's. After searching though i realized that $500+ is way to much for a 16 year old high-school student to be spending. However i got lucky and found a pair of for $40!!! The only problem was the nubuck or durabuck ( I do not really know what the material is...) was severely damaged. I checked with Renegade Restorations and was told that they could not fix it. I will check with a shoe repair soon but my question to you Niketalk is damaged nubuck/durabuck restorable? If so, help would be much appreciated! Thanks the pics are below! 

That's going to take alot of work. Doubt it could fixed. I would just go with a new pair and deal with the differences.

That's going to take alot of work. Doubt it could fixed. I would just go with a new pair and deal with the differences.

Once you are down to the grains of the leather, you are pretty much left with only the thread fibers. 
You are looking at a major miracle to get those back into shape.  You might as well have thrown those $40 in the trash, because sorry to say, that's were these belong. 

Once you are down to the grains of the leather, you are pretty much left with only the thread fibers. 
You are looking at a major miracle to get those back into shape.  You might as well have thrown those $40 in the trash, because sorry to say, that's were these belong. 

On the darker nubuck i will probably just use a black shoe polish, and for the lighter parts of nubuck im praying to god that shoe repair will be able to fix it. If not i will try a fabric store or look online for nubuck and try to somehow apply it on the shoe. More opinions are appreciated!

On the darker nubuck i will probably just use a black shoe polish, and for the lighter parts of nubuck im praying to god that shoe repair will be able to fix it. If not i will try a fabric store or look online for nubuck and try to somehow apply it on the shoe. More opinions are appreciated!

laugh.gif
@ you complaining about the shape of the new retros and the clashing colors when you bring out some $&#^ like that. I would be so happy to get $40 for those shoes.

laugh.gif
@ you complaining about the shape of the new retros and the clashing colors when you bring out some $&#^ like that. I would be so happy to get $40 for those shoes.

Yeah from what I heard, you can't really repair durabuck/Nubuck. You should of just kept your $40

Yeah from what I heard, you can't really repair durabuck/Nubuck. You should of just kept your $40

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

I had OG XIII black/red with the 3m that had faded leather, no cracked or missing and people were telling me to throw them out... And then I log in and see this mannnnn.... the shoe dropped in 91/92 and that's where this pair should of stayed

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

I had OG XIII black/red with the 3m that had faded leather, no cracked or missing and people were telling me to throw them out... And then I log in and see this mannnnn.... the shoe dropped in 91/92 and that's where this pair should of stayed

laugh.gif

I (like many others) prefer OG shoes over Retro's, and also (like many others) realize that some of the retro's released have many differences to the Originals. You must have not understood that im 16 and dont have $500 too blow off on OG shoes broski.This was my best bet at them, dont really appreciate the sense of humor but thanks anyway 
smile.gif

laugh.gif

I (like many others) prefer OG shoes over Retro's, and also (like many others) realize that some of the retro's released have many differences to the Originals. You must have not understood that im 16 and dont have $500 too blow off on OG shoes broski.This was my best bet at them, dont really appreciate the sense of humor but thanks anyway 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Daver

Yea maybe so bro, it will be a hard project but i will find a way to fix em up!

Originally Posted by Daver

Yea maybe so bro, it will be a hard project but i will find a way to fix em up!

you are stupid as hell for buying those for 40. for an extra 100, they could have been deadstock.
Get over the green, or the shape, or WHATEVER. You arent gonna bring those back to life.

you are stupid as hell for buying those for 40. for an extra 100, they could have been deadstock.
Get over the green, or the shape, or WHATEVER. You arent gonna bring those back to life.

Originally Posted by Mzee24

laugh.gif

smile.gif

So let me get this straight..you were born in 1994 (or possibly 1995) and won't settle for the retros because you want OG quality? no offense but you weren't even old enough to remember Jordan in his prime, let alone remember OG quality.
laugh.gif

trust me from experience, that material is DONE. once it cracks and peels, theres no fixing it. only thing to do is repaint it. this is one of the things I hate about durabuck. despite some people claiming its the greatest material since sliced bread, it has a tendency to crack and peel over time. I had to get rid of my 99 wearable black cement IVs because the durabuck in the back ankle chipped like no ones business.

you'd be best to throw those shoes away or use them as beaters then buy the 2011 retro.

Back
Top Bottom