help me make my room look more adult **PICS**

To anyone with a cluttered room, not just the OP, you need both money and space to make your room nice.

1. I watch HGTV and they gut the entire contents of a room/house and they never say where they put the stuff. Trophies, yes they are an eyesore, but I wouldNEVER EVER EVER throw them out. This is where space comes in handy. If you have space in your garage or in a closet, then put them in there. BUT, I know that Ihad a very small living space and had no room when I was 18, so then you'd have to either RENT a space or leave them in your room as is.

2. Framing posters. Depending on the size and quality, frames can run 10-30 dollars. If you have a lot of posters/certificates, it can get expensive.

3. Flat screen TV + stand. Expensive, enough said.

4. Deodorant in bathroom. I know when I was 18, we had 4 people sharing one bathroom and space gets cramped.

5. New bed, new furniture. Expensive, enough said.

6. Getting rid of broken boards. Broken boards probably have some sort of sentimental value. If not, junk them, if they do, once again, you need space or moneyto store them away.

7. In order to really get a nice looking room, you'd need to buy new bed sheets, new window treatments, painted walls, etc. which is expensive.

Cliff Notes:
In order to get a really nice room, you need money or space, if you don't have them, then just save up or don't trip over having a fresh room. If youdo have them, more power to you.

It looks better now but you gotta get some more pillows and a new comforter, the one you have now looks terrible. They are cheap at Ross or Tj Maxx, you couldget a nice one.Your other ideas will help as well. Post pics when you have done it all, I'd like to see the finished product.

Originally Posted by cronicmole

your room looks like a bomb shelter

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom