Help Me Build an Inexpensive Yet Effective Home Recording Studio

A computer I would say is the first step and its not that you have to have a mac but like ^^ said 2GB+ should do it
Apple never has any problems doing this type of stuff

and come on don't we all have a little hypebeast in us

audacity its a good software?
I may do some recreatonial music (nothing serious) and that is the soft I got.

8803306_sa.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1206749956579&skuId=8803306&type=producthttp://www.bestbuy.com/si...=8803306&type=product - ijust copped it - was $299.99 for the longest time

Okay so as it stands I already have a microphone (MXL770) and phantom power/usb converter thing (MXL Mic Mate) that I couldn't pass up at the price theywere. I've got em. The mic is good for what I'm doing but with the USB convertor there is definitely latency. Is that something I can fix throughmixing? If so how? or should I try and get a firewire interface. Also I got a Windscreen but would you say a pop filter or windscreen is better? Also mic standwise what kinda should I be looking for because I see different styles, the two main ones being a straight up and down adjustable pole and a more adjustable(it looks like to me) kind?

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

Okay so as it stands I already have a microphone (MXL770) and phantom power/usb converter thing (MXL Mic Mate) that I couldn't pass up at the price they were. I've got em. The mic is good for what I'm doing but with the USB convertor there is definitely latency. Is that something I can fix through mixing? If so how? or should I try and get a firewire interface. Also I got a Windscreen but would you say a pop filter or windscreen is better? Also mic stand wise what kinda should I be looking for because I see different styles, the two main ones being a straight up and down adjustable pole and a more adjustable (it looks like to me) kind?
nah latency doesn't have anything to do with the mix. its more with the setup of the daw.. in protools there's actually a low latencymonitoring option.. i would go with a pop filter over the windscreen.. and the mic stand choice all depends on your setup, if you have the space the adjustableone would probably be useful

Well I got a few things that I really needed, Shure SM58s mic with a stand, Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, XLR plugs, and I have Cool Edit, Reason andCubase. I'll get to some new speakers soon, but Ima start bangin stuff out with this for now and tinker and upgrade as I go, can't afford a new compright now.

THANKS A TON TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD.

Shady congrats, but just one thing

The shure mic you got, did it cost 89 or 99 from guitar center?

If so that's a dynamic mic used for stage and live performance... What you need is a condenser mic for recording

It might not be a big difference now, but just a heads up for the future

Back
Top Bottom