HELP! I lost my TV remote and the subtitles are stuck on.

I have the cable remote but can't find the original TV one and the TVs subtitles are stuck one. This is like a slow torture. It'sbeen weeks. I've looked everywhere and tried everything. Does anyone know how I can access the TVs menu? It's an older model, crappy Sansui. If Ican't figure it out I am going to throw it out of the window.
wink.gif
Thanks. Jonathan.

my tvs have buttons on them that you can use I know its a stretch but why not try getting up walking over to the tv and hitting the menu button....

lol j/k.... well, kind of.

It doesn't have a menu button. I would rather not buy a universal remote just to take the CC off, but I guess if I have to I will. Thanks.

Just buy a uni remote and then say it doesn't work and return it, no questions asked

Will a universal remote let me access the TVs menu, unlike the cable remote which is just allowing me to access the cable's menu?

Wait, shouldn't your cable remote be universal?

You just talked about a cable menu, which (I'm 90% sure) is only on digital cable and most digital cable remotes are universal...

the digital cable remote is universal, but i could only gt to the cable's closed captioning, not the tvs.

If you have a program guide for your cable company's controller you might be able to get it to control your tv. There is no guarantee any universalremote's "menu" function will work for your tv. Your best bet is getting another Sansui remote. Try ebay.

^co-sign(edit:co sign with digitalO22) ..cause some unversal remotes does not really activate your menu on your tv..most unversal are just made to turnchannels/volume up&down...so buy new remote(same brand as your TV) or buy a new TV...

roll.gif
@ the tv has won. Damn my dude...what kinda tv u got over there? A tube? Even then I know some tubes that let u access the menu from it.

I unplugged it, didn't work, I even unplugged it for a whole day. I'm going to chalk this up as an "L" and take my punishment.

Back
Top Bottom