*HELP* COLLEGE I Owe $3000 and want to go back

I owe 3000 dollars and am trying to get back into college its been about three years since I took full time classes. Does anyone know of any grants, scholarships, or money I can get to cover my expenses. Ive got to my junior year and failed out by one point. Any special programs so I can hopefully get in by the fall semester I cant go without not going back to school. Im on my own and my parents have had nothing to do with me going to college they arent even in the picture... Im independent. Help,please. Anyone know anything on filing for money for school im also currently unemployed.

Spoiler [+]
ski-mask.jpg

Nah, but really though, can't get a loan?

ask your school for information about grants and scholarships.
Maybe you should take some time to work full time and save save save, it may seem impossible to find a job during this time but i found one.

If you were receiving financial aid but lost it due to poor grades then see if you can get an appeal to be granted aid again.

coming from a dude that went through this  

Originally Posted by tizoni

ask your school for information about grants and scholarships.
Maybe you should take some time to work full time and save save save, it may seem impossible to find a job during this time but i found one.

If you were receiving financial aid but lost it due to poor grades then see if you can get an appeal to be granted aid again.

coming from a dude that went through this  

Would I go to the school im applying for or call up the federal aid company?

It might be too late, but it wouldn't hurt to contact your school's financial aid office and fill out some information on FAFSA.gov

Definitely call financial aid and the registrar's office as well.

Originally Posted by romedadude

It might be too late, but it wouldn't hurt to contact your school's financial aid office and fill out some information on FAFSA.gov

Definitely call financial aid and the registrar's office as well.

What do you mean too late? $3000 shouldnt ever be too late.

So... let me get this straight. You want to go to school but you can't afford to go to school and you did not pay off your debt the last time you went to school when you couldn't afford it?

Originally Posted by tee99

So... let me get this straight. You want to go to school but you can't afford to go to school and you did not pay off your debt the last time you went to school when you couldn't afford it?

I couldnt afford to pay off my debt and ive been moving around from state to state ive been homeless since age 16 and ive gotten this far since. Ive never had a solid place to live.

Trying making that crystal... I am on episode 6 of season 1 and he seams to be doing well

You struggling like that and paying for university to not get straight A's?! Why you gonna throw your own money away like that?

What state are you in?
How many years and how many credits did you finish with?
Did you go to a community college or a 4-year university?

As for financial aid, go to your school's financial aid office. I don't think it's too late to file for FAFSA yet if you're gonna go to a CC. FAFSA will give you $5500 a year.

I got into a relationship and secondly wasnt ready for the step out of high school it all took way too long and happened very quick. My life has been so messed up with something new happening all the time. I didnt plan on wasting money I went with a goal in mind just like anyne else and became sidetracked. @ohdannyboy lets work something out too. Nothing is wasting my man. If I can get this small amount of my back id be back amd focusing like I was when I first got to school im single but still in a shelter.

if ur in grad school,apply to be a graduate assistant. they often pay for tuition and give u a monthly stipend

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

What state are you in?
How many years and how many credits did you finish with?
Did you go to a community college or a 4-year university?

As for financial aid, go to your school's financial aid office. I don't think it's too late to file for FAFSA yet if you're gonna go to a CC. FAFSA will give you $5500 a year.

Im in New York. Ive got 70 credits so far. I was at a 4 year university then I went to a CC for a semester now im trying to get back into a 4 year program and finish up these two years. Why, whassup?

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I hope you're not homeless and collecting sneakers? How old are you if you don't mind? 

I'm not collecting sneakers. I've been on Niketalk since 2004 so I'm familiar with this website. I'm 27 years old. I don't have much money to manuever around that's the problem.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I hope you're not homeless and collecting sneakers? How old are you if you don't mind? 

I'm not collecting sneakers. I've been on Niketalk since 2004 so I'm familiar with this website. I'm 27 years old. I don't have much money to manuever around that's the problem.
There isn't a quick fix that doesn't involve a high level of risk. You should find a job, work a while and stack, then head back to school. Sounds cliche, but might be the best way.

Back
Top Bottom