Help choosing a balling shoe

Hi,
I'm having a hard time finding a decent balling shoe. I play 2 guard. On defense, I guard the point or the quickest guy on the team. So I need a shoe that can keep up with quick movements.  On offense, I use a variety of cuts and jabs to create space, mainly for jump shots. Occasionally, I drive the lane if I'm being played tight, but my bread and butter is the jump shot.

I'm currently using the and1 tai chi, which I find a bit limiting. I tried the lebron 9 but it felt cumbersome and clunky. I might try the elite version as it's supposed to be super lightweight. I'm considering the upcoming olympic shox, but I gather they're mainly for high leapers which isn't my game. Back in 2001 I played in the originals for one practice and from what I can remember they were awful. 

I'm 6 feet and 197 pounds

Many thanks

The Hyperdunk 2011. It has good cushioning for a Zoom shoe, good traction, fits kinda like a high top running shoe and it has good ankle support

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I'm gonna pay a visit to my local footlocker and try on some shoes

go check out the Hyperenforcer, i'd think u might like them especially the way they fit and from the good reviews.

^for Zoom Rookies, I heard it has a similar feel to balling in foams, which is stiff and clunky, so if you're used to carrying weight around then these tanks are good for u

I'm leaning towards the fly wade 2s. I'm a bit old school, I'm familiar with air max and zoom (much prefer zoom) but I have no idea about lunarlon. Is it responsive like zoom or more pillowy like air max?

You sound like me. except for guarding the quickest guy. Not my forte but I might be lazy. But I love the Kove IV and I played the V's...They were ok. Havent tried the VI's but I'm a fan of my Hyperfuse Low right now. I dont even think about em while I'm playing which is what I want. Theres no pain, no bad traction, very light etc.

Just another suggestion

Im a similar size (6'1" 190) and play a similar game. Like others have said, can't go wrong with Kobes. Ive had the IV, V & VI and they've all performed very well. If you want a little more support/higher cut, I really enjoy playing in the Original Hyperfuse. I have 2 pairs of the original 2010 mid cut version and i love them ( haven't tried the 2011 Hyperfuses so I cant vouch for those)

Update:
Decided to go with the lebron 9 elites, so I'm stuck with the tai chis,which are getting worse and worse, until release date.
Every time I play in them the top part of both feet hurt really bad

for your game i would recommend the hyperdunk elite, or even a normal hyperdunk as i have never worn the elites myself. they only problem with these is that they don't have a great deal of support so if you have had any ankle issues i wouldn't wear them and i would go with the lbj 9 elite. Im a bit surprised that you found the lbj9 clunky as i play in them and have never felt that.

Back
Top Bottom