Help A Brother Out PT.2!!! Choosing A Car For Northern Cali?! CARHEADS ENTER!

Whats good NT Brethren.... So I'm looking for all my nocal folks help...AGAIN

Want to thank everyone who helped out on the other thread. Help A Brother Out PT.1 ... the info is huge and I've got some extremely Helpful Private messages that will definitely be sending me in the right direction
Now as for my next act of duty. I currently live in New york as as most of you know subways and a bus are all you need to get around in the city, but now that I'm moving to cali I obviously need a car. Only problem here is I don't know anything about cars. I'm hoping you guys can give me some direction regarding what would be a good selection based on 

- gas: Hearing cali gas is the highest in america

- style: Def want something that looks nice

- affordability: I don't want to be in the shop every month for some stupid nonsense; hoping to get something that is sturdy and as long as I treat it well, it will treat me well. 

- Used or Not Used: I don't know how many years back is a bad look (10,09,08, etc) & how many miles is too many miles for a used car

I have a pretty good range as far as spending goes, looking for something around 35-38k. I've been looking at BMW 3 series, Audi 4 series, and Cadillac CTS'. Again I don't know anything about cars and pricing so I hope my NT brothers can lend a hand. 

2 door?
4 door?

Thats a lot of money you have. You could go the used route if you want a Euro car, it would save you a few thousand dollars for sure.

If you want a brand new car, and value it lasting a very long time with little to no problems, for that money id look into a new Maxima or TL. If you wanna spend around $30k, the TSX would be an excellent choice. Great reliability, looks good, will give you little problems. It isnt the fastest car though but speed isnt everything.

Since the new 3 series are coming out, the 2012 models should be easier to get deals on, if you can deal with having a previous generation car. Same for Audi, the A4 is being slightly restyled, current models im sure you could get for $35k.

Just cause you have $35k to spend, dont necessarily spend to get a $35k car. You are moving into a new area, you dont know what kinda things you may need to spend.

I' m 6 ft 5 so I'm definitely hoping to have a nice sized 4 door

yeah its so tricky man.... I don't know ANYTHING about cars, all I know is I definitely want to be in something nice.

Do NOT, under any circumstance, buy a brand new car. I repeat, do NOT buy a brand new car.

Since the only thing you seem to care about is looks and gas mileage, it really doesn't matter what kind of car you get as long as its not a performance car. Civic/Accord FTW.

Also, it doesn't matter what year it is. I don't understand why people only want to get something, for example, 2009 or newer. Makes absolute zero sense. Unless your loan dictates what years are available to you.

Finally, miles do not really matter. You know that Camaro that lasted 1 million miles? Yeah, its because he took care of it. As long as you take care of your car, it will last. That being said, you can use this information to your benefit and buy something off of someone who has the same mentality as you for a steal. That's why my best friend paid $15,000 for a 2002 Corvette with 80k on it. That's why I, hopefully, will be picking up a 2003 M3 for $16,000.

I mean stylistically you probably want to have a newer model right? to stay closer to the most recent design, no?

Just want to add a few things.

1. Already been said, but don't buy a brand new car. If you're gonna buy a car, buy used. If you want a new car you should look into leasing, but imo just buy a used car.
2. Try to buy a car that doesn't stick out or say "steal me" or "pull me over officer". Depending on where you're gonna live you may/may not have a garage or carport.
3. If you're gonna buy a new or used car then get a loan through your bank or a credit union. Better rates and easier to deal with.  Walking out onto a car lot with no info is a salesmens dream.  Be informed. Depending on your company they may have a credit union or bank that they have a partnership with. Look into that.

Also, just because you have $35k to spend doesn't mean you should spend it. Aim for something cheaper, that way you can modify the car if want or have cash to pay for repairs and maintenance.

since u playing with 38k id cop a use LS 460
pimp.gif
 baller

Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM

cop a used IS350

personally i dont like this car but it will be a good fit for you. its reliable luxurious and alrite on gas.

Well since your moving to the bay you're gonna need a scraper (Buick with big rims) a 5.0( mustang with a 5 liter engine 87-93) or a box Chevy.
You'll get all the females fambs
pimp.gif
thank me later.

If you want a nice car, I don't think gas prices will affect you.
It's $4.50/gal for good gass out here

Back
Top Bottom