Heavy Rain (ps3) vol. Next Shenmue?

I played this demo last night, and although the controls are a little tough to get down, it gave me the feeling of Shenmue.  It has QTE and you basically control EVERYTHING the character does. It involves you trying to solve the murder mysteries of a serial killer called the "Origami Killer."

Of course there will never be another Shenmue, but this game (from what I played) resembles it the most.

It comes out February 23rd.

I played the demo last night. Game looks captivating enough from the graphics to the story line, but I wasn't really feeling the controls all too well.

Originally Posted by ardeedas

I played the demo last night. Game looks captivating enough from the graphics to the story line, but I wasn't really feeling the controls all too well.

Yeah i feel you.  I changed the settings to easy that way I did not have to press all those extra buttons.

Hmm....ill have to DL the demo. See what the fuss is all about.

I keep hearing good things about it tho.

I have been waiting for this game for months! I have it paid in full at gamestop, just waitig for the release. I dont wanna play the demo incase it ruins some of the story...

I really like this game wish it would come out for the 360, i guess I'm going to have to settle with indigo prophecy
frown.gif

I really like how everything you do shape's the story and how you can even die.

this game has been in the works foreverrrr. I remember when i bought my ps3 and this was the game i was looking forward to the most the graphics were jaw dropping 3 years ago. But looks ok sounds pretty cool the back story and all. I downloaded the demo last night haven't played it yet.....COD and PES eatin up my time

i played the demo and though it was amazing. i'm definitely getting this game, i can't wait.

I wouldn't put it with Shenmue
It has a similar feel/vibe but Shenmue was a little more open ended

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

I wouldn't put it with Shenmue
It has a similar feel/vibe but Shenmue was a little more open ended

word. this is no shenmue at all.

the closest thing we'll ever get to shenmue is yakuza 3 IMO

yea i loved shenmue. i hated how the second one ended though.WORST ENDING EVER! I played indigo prophecy and the demo for this a couple of days ago. i think it could in fact be close to as good as shenmue 2 was.

Originally Posted by bobby99son

I played indigo prophecy

How does that end? I never got past the Military Base level when you're flashing back to a kid.

And Heavy Rain is a day 1 buy for me. Trading in that piece of !#%# MW2 for this.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by bobby99son

I played indigo prophecy

How does that end? I never got past the Military Base level when you're flashing back to a kid.

And Heavy Rain is a day 1 buy for me. Trading in that piece of !#%# MW2 for this .
I never actually finished the game so I have no idea lol. I guess its time to dust of the ps2
tongue.gif

[ Michael Scott] DON'T YOU DARE [Michael Scott] compare this game to Shenmue

Shenmue for the dreamcast, even the one on xbox were amazing, heavy rain will never come close

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

[ Michael Scott] DON'T YOU DARE [Michael Scott] compare this game to Shenmue

Shenmue for the dreamcast, even the one on xbox were amazing, heavy rain will never come close
have you played it,? of course the demo i mean, this game has potential to have a far more complex storyline than shenmue.
shenmue is one of my top 5 games ever, but i will admit that heavy rains storyline is pretty deep.
shenmue gave the vibe of you living the main characters life, while heavy rain is more like playing a movie.

shenmue is already a long favorite of mine, and heavy rain seems like it will become another favorite.

i really wish that shenmue 3 project had gone through though. ps3 + shenmue 3 would have been amazing.

and i wank yakuza 3

All this talk about a Shenmue successor almost makes me want to shell out the money for a next generation system...
nerd.gif

I loved Shenmue! I finished on Dreamcast but then it went to xbox I believe so I never finished the story. I am still wanting to finish it. Its like the 1 thing I have to do before I die.

Back
Top Bottom