HEADING OUT WEST VOL. LAS VEGAS VS. LOS ANGELES

so i've been in Atlanta pretty much all my life and i'm thinking it's time to try something new...my boy is about to graduate from college and wants to head out west and work for a year before heading to pharmacy school...at thins point, i'm not really doing much in Atlanta so i figure that i might tag along...we've pretty much narrowed it down to Las Vegas and los Angeles..
in LV, we found some pretty cheap apartments not too far from the strip...our plan would really be to go out there and work, him getting a job at a pharmacy, me transferring from my current job/freelancing with my film/photography...in LA, we found some spots that are slightly more expensive, but still pretty manageable...

i'm leaning more towards LA, because honestly, LA is where it's at...i want to be a director and by time i get out there i should have a couple of short films knocked out...i could likely find work in a career i want and he could too, plus the added luxury's that LA has to offer like the culture, food, nightlife, ect...i'm thinking he's leaning more towards LV basically for the cost...it's still a major city and has alot to offer, plus we'll be able to stack up some more money...

my biggest gripe about LV is that i just think it'll get boring after a while and we'll probably spend our free time gunning to LA every other weekend anyway...with the money that we're using for gas, hotel, ect, we might just about break even...

plan is to work this summer and stack up some money and move maybe late fall, and we might have a third person onboard, but that's an uncertainty as of now...also, the plan is only for 1 year...after that, we could possibly go our separate ways depending on what school he gets accepted too, but i AM NOT going back home...anybody have any input???

cliffs

-ready to move out west with my boy

-decided on either LA or LV

-having problems on deciding which city to best suit us

-need input

so i've been in Atlanta pretty much all my life and i'm thinking it's time to try something new...my boy is about to graduate from college and wants to head out west and work for a year before heading to pharmacy school...at thins point, i'm not really doing much in Atlanta so i figure that i might tag along...we've pretty much narrowed it down to Las Vegas and los Angeles..
in LV, we found some pretty cheap apartments not too far from the strip...our plan would really be to go out there and work, him getting a job at a pharmacy, me transferring from my current job/freelancing with my film/photography...in LA, we found some spots that are slightly more expensive, but still pretty manageable...

i'm leaning more towards LA, because honestly, LA is where it's at...i want to be a director and by time i get out there i should have a couple of short films knocked out...i could likely find work in a career i want and he could too, plus the added luxury's that LA has to offer like the culture, food, nightlife, ect...i'm thinking he's leaning more towards LV basically for the cost...it's still a major city and has alot to offer, plus we'll be able to stack up some more money...

my biggest gripe about LV is that i just think it'll get boring after a while and we'll probably spend our free time gunning to LA every other weekend anyway...with the money that we're using for gas, hotel, ect, we might just about break even...

plan is to work this summer and stack up some money and move maybe late fall, and we might have a third person onboard, but that's an uncertainty as of now...also, the plan is only for 1 year...after that, we could possibly go our separate ways depending on what school he gets accepted too, but i AM NOT going back home...anybody have any input???

cliffs

-ready to move out west with my boy

-decided on either LA or LV

-having problems on deciding which city to best suit us

-need input

Go to LA. If you want to have the fun of Vegas, it's only an hour flight from LA.

Go to LA. If you want to have the fun of Vegas, it's only an hour flight from LA.

Edit*

Nevermind I read it wrong.

Live in Los Angeles, but know its going to be expensive. You are looking at 1500+ min monthly payments for a 2 bedroom apartment. 

I would suggest looking for apartments in cheaper places 10-15 minutes away from Hollywood in the Valley specifically places like Van Nuys or possibly Chatsworth.

Edit*

Live in Los Angeles, but know its going to be expensive. You are looking at 1500+ min monthly payments for a 2 bedroom apartment. 

I would suggest looking for apartments in cheaper places 10-15 minutes away from Hollywood in the Valley specifically places like Van Nuys or possibly Chatsworth.

go to vegas if you want to go happy and leave depressed.

being from la, i love everything out here. the places you visit will make or break your stay here.

pm me if u need info or if u want to chill. Ive been the unofficial NT LA tourguide lol

go to vegas if you want to go happy and leave depressed.

being from la, i love everything out here. the places you visit will make or break your stay here.

pm me if u need info or if u want to chill. Ive been the unofficial NT LA tourguide lol

Hahahaha! Mecks^ Im bout to head over there buddy.

J/K!
laugh.gif

Apparently you've never been to LV during the summer... 
laugh.gif

I don't know how anyone could live in that god forsaken city.
30t6p3b.gif

Apparently you've never been to LV during the summer... 
laugh.gif

I don't know how anyone could live in that god forsaken city.
30t6p3b.gif

Go to LA. LV sounds like a crappy place to live. Just go visit if you want to experience the scene, seems like it would get old fast.

Go to LA. LV sounds like a crappy place to live. Just go visit if you want to experience the scene, seems like it would get old fast.

DO NOT come to Las Vegas.

You'll HATE it out here.

Summers are THE WORST.

You're welcome.

DO NOT come to Las Vegas.

You'll HATE it out here.

Summers are THE WORST.

You're welcome.

WAIT! YOU ARE MOVING!

WHAT THE HELL DUDE.

MOVE TO LA I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING ON VACATION.

WAIT! YOU ARE MOVING!

WHAT THE HELL DUDE.

MOVE TO LA I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING ON VACATION.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Edit*

we've definitely been looking more into some of the surrounding areas...we don't know Cali at all tho, so it's hard to narrow down exactly where we want to stay...we just don't want to end up and a crime infested neighborhood or anything like that...any suggestions on some spots we should be looking???

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Edit*

we've definitely been looking more into some of the surrounding areas...we don't know Cali at all tho, so it's hard to narrow down exactly where we want to stay...we just don't want to end up and a crime infested neighborhood or anything like that...any suggestions on some spots we should be looking???

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

This.

Back
Top Bottom