HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by sloanboy

also i cant jus use any hdmi cable when my panasonic has 600hz can i?

EDIT: Jus read a few pages back about the 600hz being misleading
tired.gif
man i didnt think it was gonna be the difficult trying to find a tv that i feel is best

No need to worry about hz on a plasma...

FINALLY im bout to cop a plasma thinking about going with a Panasonic viera model-Tc-P42s1 and i have some questions?

1. i want to get a HDMI chord whats the difference in them like they price from 10-100 bucks whats them difference in them?
2. do i need multiple HDMI chords ps3/stereo/tv box
HDMI cables can be a confusing thing for alot of consumers. Make sure you get the appropriate cable for you needs (source going in to TV)spend the extra money on the one going from your BD player, Laptop. The cable box can get the crappy HDMI

does anyone notice that component is way better than hdmi when watching hd cable? with the hdmi theres so much noise and pixelation unless you set thesharpness to 0 but then the picture looks softer and not as detailed. with component i have the sharpness to 78 so i see more detail without the noise. theonly problem is the sound quality with component sucks compared to hdmi. what do you guys use?

hd cable is crap quality anyways. it's been compressed so much. there is always going to be inherent pixel-blocking and other artifacts.

you also have to rely on your tv's ability to process 1080i.

I want to setup my TV (32' Sony Bravia KLV-S23A10) with my PS3 for surround sound in my room. I already have a surround sound system in my room through anold DVD player. Problem is, this (old) setup is using speaker wires to 4 speakers and the subwoofer. I want to use my existing setup and hook it up to myTV/PS3 (because its cheaper) but my TV does not have a speaker wire setup. How do I go about this?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I want to setup my TV (32' Sony Bravia KLV-S23A10) with my PS3 for surround sound in my room. I already have a surround sound system in my room through an old DVD player. Problem is, this (old) setup is using speaker wires to 4 speakers and the subwoofer. I want to use my existing setup and hook it up to my TV/PS3 (because its cheaper) but my TV does not have a speaker wire setup. How do I go about this?
is the dvd player acting as the receiver here? are the 4 speaker wires directly hooked into the dvd player? (never seen one like that)

I want to setup my TV (32' Sony Bravia KLV-S23A10) with my PS3 for surround sound in my room. I already have a surround sound system in my room through an old DVD player. Problem is, this (old) setup is using speaker wires to 4 speakers and the subwoofer. I want to use my existing setup and hook it up to my TV/PS3 (because its cheaper) but my TV does not have a speaker wire setup. How do I go about this?
if your tv has the audio jacks for the hdmi u can do that, but just set up ur ps3 audio thru hdmi.

man........ i had purchased an 42 inch panasonic viera for my room (i know..... i know now that was not a good idea) lets jus say the next morning my eyes were hurting so damn bad i couldnt even look into my cell phone without my eyes hurting lol so i took that back and got a 32' sony bravia xbr-9 series man and the first thing i saw was max payne i wouldnt even call watching a movie that was a experience for me yo word up cause i have never watch a movie in HD hell my last tv was a 27' sansui so this is a major step up i love it

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

is the dvd player acting as the receiver here? are the 4 speaker wires directly hooked into the dvd player? (never seen one like that)
Yes and yes. It's a very old DVD Home Theater Setup but its get the job done and sounds good. How can I incorporate that into my PS3/TV if possible.

Yes and yes. It's a very old DVD Home Theater Setup but its get the job done and sounds good. How can I incorporate that into my PS3/TV if possible.
you should post a picture of the DVD player (rear) showing all the input/output ....it will be more helpful

Just entered the HD family about 2 weeks ago. Got a 42' Samsung Plasma. I love it so far. I used the THX Optimizer off of a Disney movie I had, and i definitely noticed a difference in picture. I'm still messing around with it, but it's a great addition to the family
smile.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

you should post a picture of the DVD player (rear) showing all the input/output ....it will be more helpful
It's a Regent HT-500.

301k7lj.jpg

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Just entered the HD family about 2 weeks ago. Got a 42' Samsung Plasma. I love it so far. I used the THX Optimizer off of a Disney movie I had, and i definitely noticed a difference in picture. I'm still messing around with it, but it's a great addition to the family
smile.gif

42', do you live in a mansion?
wink.gif

Sweet pick up though.

oh question? my DVR shows in 720p is there a device i can purchase to step it up too 1080?

No. Cable TV outputs max at 720p/1080i. You can change the settings in the box to output in 1080i, you probably won't see a difference.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

It's a Regent HT-500.

301k7lj.jpg
oh man, i'm sure you can't connect your ps3 to this unit...looks like it only has a video output

MMN & others...
I'll like to know if I can hook up a sub to my AV 30 (M-AUDIO) speakers ?

Here's my question. I have a opportunity to get a TV this week here's the catch, im cool with the guy who's making me this offer.

Option 1. He gives me a discount if i come in with cash for the discounted amount.
Option 2. I can pay half now and pay the rest off at the end of the month (he lets me walk out with the TV)

Here's the 2 TV's he's offering me this deal on

Phillips 52PFL5704D
3_1389_32.jpg

Or

Sony KDL-46V5100
3_1348_32.jpg

Which one should i pull the trigger on??? any suggestion

im rollin with this im really feeling it im getting it from walmart hopefully its sturdy enough

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

0081249201012_500X500.jpg
I wouldnt get that. You might as well go to best buy and get that stand for $75-79 dollars. Just tell em you got a price match

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Deco+-+...+42"/9346264.p?id=1218088668294&skuId=9346264

Oh Yeah some of you dudes need to look harder i have seen LG, Sharp and Samsung LCD 1080p LCD TV's for dirt cheap. Me and my roomate might go half on them for the living room for as low as they are selling them
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom