HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

i just got a 40" samsung series 7.....will the hd box make it look better????(got it for under $1000)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

TO: Jonahtheballer

I presume you mean an HD Cable/Sat box? and not a digital/convertor box? Anyway, yes a cable/sat box will give you more options of HD channels. Watching ESPNHD FTW!

^ if you already have digital cable from your provider, then roughly another $10 a month. If you are currently on basic cable and are trying to make the leapto HD cable THEN will be a bit harder on the wallet. around $30-50 depending on your provider.....

MHT214:

Last page you said this may be the best week of the year to buy a TV...well im looking for around a 32" for a decent price...send me in the rightdirection my man...will be playing PS3/360 and watching blu rays for the time being until i get an HD box to watch sportscenter lol...so what do you recommend?

I posted in the Blu-Ray post by accident..

But anyway, I picked up a Bravia W series 46" and a Bose 3-2-1 GS system. Can't wait to unleash the power of Blu-Ray.. Im just deciding on what movieto pick!

Here are a couple of quick pics of my living room

Sammy 42 inch 720p with Monitor Audio RS6 floor speakers and A Pioneer Elite Receiver Model VSX03TXH

309lab8.jpg

21dpnp4.jpg

2zi5734.jpg

In my bedroom I have a Sharp Aquos 1080p, 32 inch, with an upscaling dvd player

5nvxoz.jpg

I am starting my surround in my living room, so far with just the floor speakers it sounds crazy.

I may just keep it like this because I am in an apartment and people get pretty mad cause this already gets really loud. So I held off on the sub (for now).When I move into my town home in a few years, I will finish this set up.

Here is some technical specs on my pieces:
My Receiver
My Floor Speakers

Hollatcha GIRL!

ps3 (stillmaticshay)
xbl (shaybeezy)

so i recently got HDMI and i looked to set it up and my 360 doesnt have a input! i guess my 360's old

Just purchased a Pioneer 5020 and should be getting it within a week. My xbox 360 doesn't have a HDMI input...what a darn shame.

Originally Posted by MHT214

TO: MiKeY iCe 23

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...All+Categories&ks=960

I just bought this and it is nice but I guess the even in HD channels, it gets kind of grainy (not sure how to describe it but the picture just had colordistortion of sorts).
I guess it is part of being how big it is so those details are much more noticeable?
I didn't notice it much from my old 26" Magnavox.

OK this is my situation...

I got a Samsung 40" HDTV + a HD Cable Box with PVR + a Samsung DVD/VHS Player & Recorder.

- The DVD/VHS Plays both and records both.

I want to record stuff in HD the problem is my actual HD Channels are from Channel 500-600, when I go to my DVD+VHS Player/Recorder there's a 100+ optionwhen I click it from what I can do it seems to only go up to Channel 125 and this is a new player from last year.

So how the hell do I get to Channel 500+ to record things in HD??????

*no I don't want to use my PVR it only has so much space.

U got it set up wrong. Run ur HD cable signal into video input. So now u would be rrecording the video input channel and the source would be the HD cable box.
I don't have a problem recording HD channels that way.

I need a recommendation on some receivers. Something very powerrful output. HD inputs. My subwoofer is a 450 watt pioneer IMPP that I took out of my whip andhad boxed up for the house. My previous receiver was a 6 year old Technic and it pushed it pretty good but It doesn't have hdmi inputs and one of mysources has shorted.

I've got 3 very nice HdTVs so I need matching sound in my viewing room
Someone help!?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

U got it set up wrong. Run ur HD cable signal into video input. So now u would be rrecording the video input channel and the source would be the HD cable box.
I don't have a problem recording HD channels that way.
Video Input of my Recorder/Player?

Yes. Run ur HDdvr Cables into the recording device defined for input 1. Then turn ur recorder on input 1. And the channel that's showing on ur HDDVR shouldshow on ur recorder.

That's how I used to get all my gifs n avys.
Straight from hddvr to Dvd recorder

Back
Top Bottom