HBO calls for cancellations of Bored to Death, Hung, and How to Make it in America...renews...

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

Damn Bored to Death was my show sooooo disappointed in HBO

Yo avy is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

All 3 shows were awful, thank god.

HBO needs a new lineup....especially while Curb is in waiting.

Yep. I predict True Blood won't last but a couple more seasons too. That show hit the wall after the first season.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Yep. I predict True Blood won't last but a couple more seasons too. That show hit the wall after the first season.
No matter what you feel about the show's quality, the popularity is at similar to the all-time high, and it's HBO's best received series, ratings-wise, since The Sopranos. Unfortunately, no matter if you think the show "hit the wall", viewership says otherwise.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

True Blood's audience grew exponentially after the first season...

Curb hasn't been confirmed for a new season (it's basically up to whenever Larry David feels like doing it).

Hour shows: Luck, Game of Thrones, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Newsroom, Treme

Half-Hour Shows: Eastbound & Down, Girls, VEEP, Angry Boys, Life's Too Short, Enlightened

Movies/Miniseries: Game Change, Hemingway & Gelhorn

As long as Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, & Eastbound & Down stick around I'm fine with it.

I'm actually sad to see hung and how to make it get cancelled I enjoyed both shows. I had no idea NT really liked Bored that much I found the show super corny, but I thought the same thing bout Eastdown and man did y'all prove me wrong so I may give it another shot.

I don't see the justification in the hate for Bored to Death...no offense but I always thought it was an "intellectuals comedy"...I can see a lot of the jokes being stale to some or over peoples heads. I thought it was the top comedy this year.

Anyway, it's about that time for a nice war based mini-series I hope! Those have never failed.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

I'm gonna miss Lake Bell's ******* ...
RIP How To Do It with the good %$# theme song.
30t6p3b.gif

agreed.
plus scott verner killed the music throughout the series.

Hung was terrible even though they shot it in the D.
As long as they bring back Curb I'm cool with HBO.
Sunday nights are for football anyways.

Amen

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

I don't see the justification in the hate for Bored to Death...no offense but I always thought it was an "intellectuals comedy"...I can see a lot of the jokes being stale to some or over peoples heads. I thought it was the top comedy this year.

Anyway, it's about that time for a nice war based mini-series I hope! Those have never failed.
Your first statement is hilarious. "No offense, but if you don't agree with my opinion on this show, it's because you aren't bright enough to understand the humor."

Well, that is one way of thinking, or some people could dislike it because, despite the good writing, they found the characters (along with their development), the pace, and the dialogue to be incredibly annoying. I loved so many of the actors in the show, and it disappointed me not to like it, but midway through Season 2 I had to bail, because it was infuriating.

As for the war mini-series, obviously you are (luckily) forgetting the The Pacific. Apparently HBO was happy to just live off the fact that it was named as a companion piece to Band of Brothers, so they decided to neglect the writing, any sense of flow or coherency, and just focus on effects and making a bad wartime soap opera. Very poor and very trite stuff.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Lets be cereal, outside the nice clothes the dudes wore in HTMIIA the show wasnt good, especailly when you compare it to the heavyweights like Boardwalk Empire and The Wire. More of a Showtime show to be honest.

how are you gonna compare a comedy to two dramas?

apples and oranges.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Lets be cereal, outside the nice clothes the dudes wore in HTMIIA the show wasnt good, especailly when you compare it to the heavyweights like Boardwalk Empire and The Wire. More of a Showtime show to be honest.

how are you gonna compare a comedy to two dramas?

apples and oranges.
I know that what I'm about to type will come off as facetious, but it's 100% earnest. I watched that show twice, and you saying that it is a comedy is news to me.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

^
laugh.gif
perhaps 'dramedy' is a more fitting description

Isnt that what weed and dexters are?

Im not an expert of Showtime but Ive watched Weeds (regliously) Dexter (quite a bit) Barbershop, and the Big C and they all seemed to fit that description

Back
Top Bottom