HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If it's an all Nora episode next week then i'm in there like swimwear. Looks like she's hanging with some wild people, maybe a possible orgy.

I like how Matt the pastor / preacher has good intentions but also trolls these gr douches at the same time. Irritate these fools like they irritate everyone else. Should've slapped the whistle out of laurie's dumb mouth.

My guy Matt strolled up on their camp to deliver the good word like it's nothing.

Stoning scene was wild. She broke her silence to beg for her life :\

Guy is losing his mind....going crazy over some white shirts. He couldn't remember he took them to the cleaners.

The dog catcher is real.

Other than that nothing stood out.

Last edited:
Hated that butch GR so glad she's gone but the way they did her in :wow: .

Glad they established that Mr. 24/7 tobacco actually exists.

Does Jill's slutty friend not have a home/family or what? 

Pretty crazy that a government entity (ATFEC) will just come in & "clean house."

Marvelous acting by the actress that plays Patty.

I know in some shows not everything gets answered directly (e.g. The Sopranos) but how the **** can the daughter or her friend not ever address that the kitchen got tore up & the fridge is still beat in this episode :lol: .

Im thinknig that part was in his head. the way the agents voice changed was kind of off. but then again the way they burned the bodies was like dang.

This was the worst episode yet. After the stoning scene it was jus blah. Hopefully next weeks is better. Idk how a reaction to the GR taking everyones pictures wasnt shown tho smh. Did ppl not care or know lol. Also they need to bring back the sons storyline, he had an interesting one

This was the worst episode yet. After the stoning scene it was jus blah. Hopefully next weeks is better. Idk how a reaction to the GR taking everyones pictures wasnt shown tho smh. Did ppl not care or know lol. Also they need to bring back the sons storyline, he had an interesting one

IDK if I would say it was the worst episode yet. I think the very first was, just because at how confusing it was.

Last edited:

Guy is losing his mind....going crazy over some white shirts. He couldn't remember he took them to the cleaners.

I guess she wasn't that dedicated.

The dry cleaners must have a really crappy computer system if they couldn't find his shirt the first time or my bae Nora was right and they wanted to sell those police shirts.

I guess she wasn't that dedicated.

The dry cleaners must have a really crappy computer system if they couldn't find his shirt the first time or my bae Nora was right and they wanted to sell those police shirts.
:lol: that's crazy

On second thought, those shirts probably weren't his at all. Man was scared out his mind and just wanted him gone. Kevin is going crazy over the thought of him going crazy. Self fulfilling prophecy.

^
Yeah I was wondering if the owner was just grabbing whatever white shirts they had so he wouldn't get beat up.

I thought they weren't his shirts at first too and the drycleaner just gave him a bunch of white button downs.  But, when you see them hanging in the closet at his house in the clear drycleaning bag it looked like they had the markings of a police uniform on them (shoulder patches, etc..).

I got a feeling the laundry dude is stealing white shirts from citizens of the town and selling them to the cult. Like there's some kind of deal that's been worked out there.

Im thinknig that part was in his head. the way the agents voice changed was kind of off. but then again the way they burned the bodies was like dang.
  Yeah I forgot about the voice change & can see how it could have all possibly been in his head but then again... it was the ATFEC who went into that hugging black guy's place & just started unloading the choppas on them.

Last edited:
That stoning scene was one of the most gruesome things I've seen on TV.

This show doesn't have one likable character IMO, but I keep coming back hoping to figure out what's going on.

That was gruesome to watch. Such a primitive way to execute someone but still brutal.

That stoning scene was one of the most gruesome things I've seen on TV.

This show doesn't have one likable character IMO, but I keep coming back hoping to figure out what's going on.
I agree, animalistic nature brought out to its fullest extent.

I actually like the preacher but yeah, that's about it. 

Last edited:
  Yeah I forgot about the voice change & can see how it could have all possibly been in his head but then again... it was the ATFEC who went into that hugging black guy's place & just started unloading the choppas on them.

you sir are right, i forgot they went in killing everything that moved on the ranch lol. I still wanna know whats the deal with that story line. The only reason i watch this show is because of you guys. this disscussion every week makes me like it. lol

The Leftovers Season 1: Making The Leftovers Show…:

"The reaction is more important than the event"

If you don't agree with that then you should probably stop watching. Because that's where the creator is coming from

If you don't agree with that then you should probably stop watching. Because that's where the creator is coming from

we get that point by now, but what the hell is going on? is wayne magic? is kevin crazy? why is his daughter a ****? what is the true purpose of the GR? I understand Laurie leaving Kevin because he was cheating, but why did she leave her family? Can you show more of nora doing crazy stuff? What was the importance of the baby jesus? Who was talking to kevins dad? like come on man I could keep going if i needed to. sooo many questions and 0 answers.

people understand that, the making vid had been posted many times in here. They understand that this show's endgame is not about what caused the "rapture" but how the people left are dealing with it. Many questions indeed.

The Cult doesn't need help from a dry cleaners to find some white shirts. This show has us looking into deeper meanings for things like white shirts
laugh.gif

The police captain's daughter though,
devil.gif
she grew on me

that opening scene was brutal to watch. I disliked that GR lady too but damn :x :smh:

I'm still highly confused by what's going on just like everyone else :lol: but for some reason I keep watching. I'll likely finish this entire first season and re-evaluate whether I want to tune in for a season 2 lol

Back
Top Bottom