Hawaii NTers????

The Plan is to get a house in either Ewa, Mililani, Wahiawa or Kapolei. Tonight will probably end up at AlohaTower since my hotel is right across the street. I know they have that club Zanzabar in there so we will see. I have some friends here but after being here a while they like to avoid Waikiki.

Spam Masubi 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Want one now 
frown.gif

I just got back from Honolulu and I know what u mean about being bored of Waikiki-- I was there a couple days and got tired of it. I think people who get gassed over it are people who never been to an island before . Not to sound incredibly rude--but you seen one beach you seen 'em all. The thing that sets islands apart from each other are the culture etc.

Question: are the people there mostly Japanese, Filipino, Polynesian, or what? Or is it just all of them mixed together? 

lol mililani isn't expensive. that's where i grew up and that's where the in4mation and kicks/HI fam are from. waikiki sucks. if anything, grab your wife and head down to aloha tower for the party and fireworks. i might be there. still not sure what imma do.

damn I applied to U of Hawaii @ manoa for grad school... i hope I get accepted...I wanna see what that island life is like...

and your hotel is not right across the street from aloha tower. zanzabar is in waikiki. aloha tower is in downtown and there are no real hotels in the area.

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

find a girl... pop a pill... go to the beach... roll around in the sand... sex... water... sex... fireworks

thats what i would do if i lived there....

Sex and sand don't mix homie.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

and your hotel is not right across the street from aloha tower. zanzabar is in waikiki. aloha tower is in downtown and there are no real hotels in the area.

I didn't think people would take me as literally meaning across the street. It's a short cab ride ... within 5-10 min. Is that better?

As far as the people, there are people from all over the place. Like I said, Waikiki is tourist central. I will say that there are lots of Japanese people here. Met a couple chics from Australia yesterday who are staying at my hotel. They say it's too hot there right now so they come here to celebrate. Met a few Brits as well.

I heard Millilani was expensive before I got here but I think I make enough. I've checked a few houses in the area and quite a few are within my price range.

If you're from a big city like me (NYC), a place like Hawaii will get boring pretty quickly. I was there a few times and after the first time checking out the island, I just go there to relax at the beach, ain't nothing much else to do. As far as chicks, the only decent ones are the tourists. Everyone else are either huge Somoans or dope mixed chicks that are taking by dweebs, it's a small island so everyone that's from where knows each other by 6 degrees of separation. So even the chicks that are taken are scared to creep around, your best bet at {} are the tourists.

mililani is a better option than ewa. stay out of wahiawa in terms of living there. kapolei is ok but traffic from that side can suck. same as traffic from ewa. unless you're stationed in schofield or wheeler. fireworks at aloha tower are gonna be nice. looking like i might walk over there with my gf. i live super close.

I heard north shore area can be pretty racist to "haoles" due to generations of resentment of outsiders moving in, so if I ever went I'd def stay out of the country side
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Not from Hawaii, but did you just say its getting old?? after 3 weeks!?!? THREE!! man, Life on a tropical island must be tough 
laugh.gif

If he is in Waikiki or Honolulu the whole time I can def see it getting old. For some reason most people equate Hawaii to those spots. Go to Maui n chill esp if you have a lady bro. Waikiki with that reg city life gets played. So much more to see on the other islands (mainly Maui) or venture out more on Oahu

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

mililani is a better option than ewa. stay out of wahiawa in terms of living there. kapolei is ok but traffic from that side can suck. same as traffic from ewa. unless you're stationed in schofield or wheeler. fireworks at aloha tower are gonna be nice. looking like i might walk over there with my gf. i live super close.

I work at Kunia, which is right next to Schoefield. Our site is moving to Wahiawa next summer so that's why I was considering that area. Right now, living downtown is not bad for work because heading out to Kunia I'm going the opposite direction of all the traffic.

I ended up chilling with some friends and having some drinks and dinner. It wasn't ideal but it was better than nothing or rolling solo to the towers.

Thanks for all the tips man.

Wow I haven't seen this. What's up Hawaii NTers! Glad to hear there is a thread here. 

One of the only pics I've uploaded so far.....Wakiki is just a prettier version of south beach...diamondhead in the back is what makes it beautiful to me, you gotta understand bro....I come from NY...lol

I'm in Maui now.....beaches here are gorgeous....the north shore is nice too.

[QUOTE name="breezylocks"]
Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

find a girl... pop a pill... go to the beach... roll around in the sand... sex... water... sex... fireworks

thats what i would do if i lived there....

Sex and sand don't mix homie.[/quote]

This.

And the mile high club ain't all that either. :lol: All hype!

Last edited:
How has your stay in the islands been so far ksteezy?

its been nothing short of amazing so far, we did Oahu for 2 days, which wasn't long enough for us since we are city people and this is the island best suited for us....we then came over to Maui and although is far more slow paced and relax, is simply amazing, today i watched the sunrise at 10,000 ft at the peak of Haleakala, believe it or not the temperature was in the 20's IN HAWAII!!!....we then biked down the top of the volcano...it was fun, such an experience to actually breath in fresh air....ill make a thread with some of the pictures i took of my trip, doing the road to Hana tomorrow....should be exciting since we are driving ourselves.....seriously Hawaii is one of the most amazing places vie been too...

7786270894_6897d87d58_b.jpg

7786278272_532133db1f_b.jpg

7786273414_6084ed2458_b.jpg

Im on oahu, im stationed on Marine base hawaii its out in Kaneohe, ill tell you what man...when i first got out here i stayed in wakiki like errr weekend.

Stuff got old....Real Quick.... This plase is about the chill bredrean! I kno how it is in the military just live it up, save that cola and enjoy your time here.

The beach scene is just what it is bro, ya gotta just deal wit it. Where are you at Hick/pearl?

Either way its coo to run across another Nter out here.. i feel like im in some sort of witness protection program from time to time but hopefully you will get

used to it.  This is a beautiful place but remember its a island, do anything dirty out here and you will see them again foshur!

Yo feel free to pm me tho,  I hear airforce chicks are
smokin.gif

Take it EZ bred! 

The good ol' 808!

Lived there from 98-01

Good times!

Went to Wahiawa, Wheeler and Leilehua.

Played AAU ball in the summers for Mililani.

have fun on that drive to hana. it's pretty scenic but a PITA to drive when you're stuck behind some crappy drivers. might wanna check out the seven sacred pools and hamoa beach park has some nice water. there is one main store in hana and the prices are ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom