Have Jordans jumped the shark?

DGAF, I'm not trend rider. I'll cop a retro I really want but other than that I don't sweat them like I was in HS.

I'm 28 and I'll rock Jays to work :lol:

Now, there was a point where everyone was in them for fashion and what not, and that ship has sailed. Only people who really want them IMO will try to get them now

Funny thing is that a lot of younger kids are starting to like Jordans, so to me, a new generation is being born.

To me, Jordan always had the craziest shoes growing up. Then I would watch him play in them and he made them cool. Plus, tinker was a dope designer so if you learn the intricacies of the designs you really apprecaite the shoes more.

Thats a dope idea, would love to see JB throw in a sketchbook/story line/design profile for each shoe release, like its a piece of art :smokin

Last edited:
Yeezy aint going nowhere no time soon

Not if they keep releasing trash like the V2s. Did they even try? It's like they just put a slash on the first version. Keep that up and watch it fall off quick.

Last edited:
NMDs are wack. Ultra Boosts are the best out the adidas hype. First yeezys on adidas were cool but these new V2s are wack why do you think they're easier to get? I just recent got Js again but I find myself still going back to my flyknits. Easy to put on and so comfortable.

As much as I complain about Nike & availability adidas probably lost me as a customer forever with their poor stock. Still have yet to find some simple superstars my girl wanted, NMDs are never in stock. I really have no incentive to spend with that company.

bought my first pairs in years, gotta say the remastered program lured me back. still seldom wear my pairs but it keeps them fresh i guess. only every bought what I want so nothing much has changed for me, they can drop all the trash they want and I'll find the gems. by far, my boost get more wears for obvious reasons, but my love for the shoes won't ever die and they will always be appreciated by me

All the fly guys are rockin Yeezys now a days it seems.

I imagine theyll always be a hood staple but i think they might be played out in the mainstream fashion culture

I say this because i woke up this a.m to finish up some christmas shopping and noticed true blue 3s are not only sitting but are on sale! I copped 2 and i havent copped a pair of Js in probably 2 years. Shrug

What say you?

All the fly guys are rockin Yeezys now a days it seems.

I imagine theyll always be a hood staple but i think they might be played out in the mainstream fashion culture

I say this because i woke up this a.m to finish up some christmas shopping and noticed true blue 3s are not only sitting but are on sale! I copped 2 and i havent copped a pair of Js in probably 2 years. Shrug

What say you?
View media item 2265275

even my man jim norton rocking yeezys :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm 31 and have been wearing J's my entire life. I went through the faze of getting every release to basically selling all of my pairs except for 1s. i kept cement 4s, blk 5 for nostalgia purposes, but everything else got sold. the brand is fine. Everything is cyclical. The demand will return when they let the market dry up a bit.

I'm still hoping for the day when OG color ways of 1s,3s, etc are available year round :nerd:

As I grew older, comfort became paramount, and compared to most brands out there, Nike wasn't doing it anymore. Plus, the colorways became wack, the prices went up, and that on top of ****** shapes was the straw that broke the camel's back. I sold all of my casual nikes.

I was one of those who still bought JB performance joints in all the through 2012 to play in. Alternated between Jordan 2012 and hyperfuse and developed knee pain. I switched to adidas (first got some kobe purple all star joints retros, then some rose 4) and the pain disappeared, so that was the end of JB as bball shoes for me. I stuck to adi and bounce and boost have been good to me (and lillard 2 cost 80 ******* bucks after coupons compared to $250 for lebrons and KDs!!!!).

JB and Nike are asking too much for the quality they offer these days, especially when you got so many brands offering their classic joints made locally with real leathers for $200.

Jordan's will always be Jordan's brah.
THIS
They have been saying were going to be played out for the last 15 years.
When retroes first start coming out they said Jordans were done.
When they start doing lifestyle colorways they said Jordans were done.

Jordans will be around for the duration.

Mainly because the legend of MJ is so strong.
For many of us who grew up watching Jordan, wearing his shoes was more about the respect for legacy of the man, rather than looking fresh for other people.

Alot of times when new Jordans were coming out for the first time people thought they were ugly.
Until you see them in person and all the little intricacies that Tinker used to put into the shoe that was relay-able on the grainy pictures we used to have to go off of.

Now everyone knows every detail of all the Jordans. There is no discovery.

But even then, people are always going to buy Jordans.

The air jordan 11 thru 13....the design of those is better than everything adidas has ever made combined

just glad they're sitting. almost guaranteed i can pay 60 to half their retail price in a matter of months.

NMD really resell for $400? :smh: :wow: :nerd:

We talking non collab GRs or limited QS releases?

Last edited:
All this crap became lame whe you needed to take programming night classes at the local juco just to cop some damn sneakers.

QFT when I met hood ****** who started talking bout coding/ scripts just to cop Jordan's I was like "nah dawg".

It's actually kinda crazy cuz all the big releases I would've wanted besides certain Jordan 1s seem to be crazy GRs anyways, so I still can get them with little to no work (which is still the only way I will cop a sneaker).

Yeah as soon as the shoes start INSTA selling out online due to bots and then the resellers artificially raised the price I was done.
Especially with the raffles and all that. This aint no ****** game of chance.
Expect me to compete to spend MY money.

Jordan's jumped shark with the Spizikes. Lead to more trash fusions and "Son-Of-6-Rings-signature model A-signature model B" combination they can ***** out. The signature models stared incorporating cheesy gimmicks that were once reserved for fakes and for the "these don't come out to next years" rappers.

All of this.

Jordan's can never go away.

Fearing the day the namesake passes away though :wow:

Then we'll see all you dudes rocking Jordan's again and talking about your fondest memories in them :rolleyes

penny kicks is definitely suffering.

other than Foams, all his kicks been languishing lately.

Jump the shark is like that beard thing ... Thought this about a new Jordan jump the shark theme ...never heard either of these terms till this week

The beard thing isn't that common to hear unless you're around gossip types but jump the shark has been around since that Happy Days episode when Fonzie literally jumped over a shark while waterskiing.

Back
Top Bottom