Hate It or Love It...or whatever. My Prom Fit...

thanks for the info HustlinFlip
smile.gif

Are you saying he's going to be in dress clothes and wearing tiffs?
Their whole wedding is Tiffany (the company, not shoes) themed with heavy teal accents. He's just wearing them for the reception/dinner sincehe and our little circle of friends are pretty big on dancing he wants to be comfortable after the actual wedding. Don't know what our tuxes will look likebut I don't mind having a little color thrown in.

& those prepared to flame me, I saw dudes with Air Raids, Blazers (which looked clean to me), and some other *@$*.

That's still no excuse.
smh.gif
It just isn't as cool as you think, whether you like it or not.

Right now you might think it's a good idea, but when you get older, you'll realize nobody cares, and you're just another kid trying to stand outbecause you wore Jordan's to prom.

Should have worn dress shoes, [Andre 3000] Make ya momma proud [/3 Stacks].

Right now you might think it's a good idea, but when you get older, you'll realize nobody cares, and you're just another kid trying to stand out because you wore Jordan's to prom.
My intent was not to stand out, it was to wear what I wanted to wear regardless of what anyone thinks.

If nobody cared, why follow 'tradition' and wear a tux?

Why not show up in the latest SB's complete with cargo shorts, white tee, and a nationals fitted?

I bet if I did that, plenty of people would've cared enough to be angry or distraught about something that shouldn't concern them at all.

Regarding the watch, I misplaced my Kenneth Cole watch that I initially planned on wearing. My dad wasn't about to let me borrow any of his watches so Ihad to make due.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by ViceXXXisFresh

"The pants look terrible."
and how about going with no watch? The g-shock plus the DMP XI made it look like you were really trying to stand out, at least in the eyes of yourfellow NTers. I mean, you knew it was coming, so why post this trash? It does look tacky, the suit doesn't fit, and you topped it off with an everyday,wear-and-tear, G-Shock. Sorry, but you also get a fail, just like the other dudes.

Your fit isnt the worse ive seen. My prom some clown wore a pair of blk denim jeans with a fake chinchilla coat over a white tank top. He clown sidekick wore atall tee with Mac Dre air brushed on the back. True story.

I like, clean fit. The XIs make it look like you are wearing spats.

As long as you are happy with the way the outfit turned out, that's all that matters.

It's good that you wore what you wanted and not care what everyone thinks but if you post it on NT, be ready to be criticized. I will offer my owncontructive criticsim as well.

I know it's a high school prom and it should not be taken seriously but there really is nothing like doing the classic thing and doing it right. I amreally starting to hate the multi colored vest Tux shops offers, I seriously would have just gone with a black vest and black bow-tie (no one wears bow tiesanymore), it would have looked better with the Concords. Also, the pants fits horrible but I understand a rental tux being baggy since it is meant toaccomodate a wide range of customers but it really is bad looking. The good thing is, the baggy pants goes well witht he shoes since the shoe looks horriblybig on your feet. You look like your wearing a black and white boat on your feet. The shoe itself it bulky enough as it is so a tapered pants wouldn't workas it end up above the shoe, but that is also why it is better to wear dress shoes. It's not just the fact that the shoe your wearing are snekers, it isalso how everything goes together. Get a slim fit tux with slim fit pants with a traditional patent leather dress shoes and that will work. Having a slimvest/dress shirt then some baggy pants (which makes it looks like some parachute pants) along with a bulky shoe and that equals a not very good look. The watchalso makes it look horrible with everything, I get the going with gold thing and you losing your Kenneth Cole watch but you would have been better of without awatch and the yellow baller band.

Again, don't take this as an insult but a constructive criticism. It's all been done with and hopefully from now on, this criticism sticks to the backof your mind and next time you wear a suit to a wedding, funeral or a black tie party, it is remembered.

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

Right now you might think it's a good idea, but when you get older, you'll realize nobody cares, and you're just another kid trying to stand out because you wore Jordan's to prom.
My intent was not to stand out, it was to wear what I wanted to wear regardless of what anyone thinks.

If nobody cared, why follow 'tradition' and wear a tux?

Why not show up in the latest SB's complete with cargo shorts, white tee, and a nationals fitted?

I bet if I did that, plenty of people would've cared enough to be angry or distraught about something that shouldn't concern them at all.

Regarding the watch, I misplaced my Kenneth Cole watch that I initially planned on wearing. My dad wasn't about to let me borrow any of his watches so I had to make due.

grin.gif

smh at the haters

Prom is about dressing up to look good in your own way. If you think you looked good for your date thats all that matters.

Speaking of your date, I am sure most of NT would rather see her than pictures of you
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's good that you wore what you wanted and not care what everyone thinks but if you post it on NT, be ready to be criticized. I will offer my own contructive criticsim as well.

I know it's a high school prom and it should not be taken seriously but there really is nothing like doing the classic thing and doing it right. I am really starting to hate the multi colored vest Tux shops offers, I seriously would have just gone with a black vest and black bow-tie (no one wears bow ties anymore), it would have looked better with the Concords. Also, the pants fits horrible but I understand a rental tux being baggy since it is meant to accomodate a wide range of customers but it really is bad looking. The good thing is, the baggy pants goes well witht he shoes since the shoe looks horribly big on your feet. You look like your wearing a black and white boat on your feet. The shoe itself it bulky enough as it is so a tapered pants wouldn't work as it end up above the shoe, but that is also why it is better to wear dress shoes. It's not just the fact that the shoe your wearing are snekers, it is also how everything goes together. Get a slim fit tux with slim fit pants with a traditional patent leather dress shoes and that will work. Having a slim vest/dress shirt then some baggy pants (which makes it looks like some parachute pants) along with a bulky shoe and that equals a not very good look. The watch also makes it look horrible with everything, I get the going with gold thing and you losing your Kenneth Cole watch but you would have been better of without a watch and the yellow baller band.

Again, don't take this as an insult but a constructive criticism. It's all been done with and hopefully from now on, this criticism sticks to the back of your mind and next time you wear a suit to a wedding, funeral or a black tie party, it is remembered.

i always wanted to get a pair of 99 black V's for prom when i was younger with all black and a white bowtie but then they retro'd the V and itwouldve been kind of dumb but it seems everyone trys to stand out now for prom with the colored suits and then they get there and notice every ones got onbright colors and it looks so weird this is making me wish i went to prom though

lol my cousin wore the exact same tux for prom, minus the shoes, we could only wear dress shoes smh

nice shoes but i dont like the outfit IMO kicks arent a good touch unless its a solid color like all black or sumthin

i thought about UNDSing my concords for prom but just couldn't go with it...
...sooo me and my girl just threw them on for a quick picture
roll.gif

2507918920_c8a013e07a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom