Hasidic Neighborhood in South Williamsburg NYC is top beneficiary of Section 8 vol. scamming governm

This has been happening forever. Can't knock em for being savvy and looking out for their own.

This has been happening forever. Can't knock em for being savvy and looking out for their own.

There's only a finite number of those vouchers, i can see them hogging em all due to lobbying on their part with their organizations can be a problem.

Problem is da landlords dont discriminate against them using section 8 vouchers because there's no stigma with them...

Gentrification gonna get them too cuz as da value around them increases, it begins to exceed da voucher amount allocated for it because they could get more in da market.

Aren't the landlords in that area mostly Hasidic as well though.

Gentrification only works if you have a mixed population and can exploit newcomers. That area of Billyburg is what it is because they keep it that way, I'd imagine. My old roommate is a real estate broker out here and was telling me those apts are owned by hasidics, listed by Hasidic brokers, and given to hasidic tenants. Millennial Blake and Annie from University of Virginia aren't getting those rooms any time soon tegardless of the price.

Aren't the landlords in that area mostly Hasidic as well though.

Gentrification only works if you have a mixed population and can exploit newcomers. That area of Billyburg is what it is because they keep it that way, I'd imagine. My old roommate is a real estate broker out here and was telling me those apts are owned by hasidics, listed by Hasidic brokers, and given to hasidic tenants. Millennial Blake and Annie from University of Virginia aren't getting those rooms any time soon tegardless of the price.

Back
Top Bottom